Moved Thread #1: Majak Daw -

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
True comment that, but it also doesn't mean she didn't make it up. As apposed to being a 'burden of proof' required.

Of course it doesn't. She may or may not have.

But I have read that quite a bit that if Majak is found innocent the girl must have been lying - plainly inaccurate.

Homage de Billy -

This thread, what has been posted is one of the most insanely idiotic things I've ever read. At no point in the rambling, incoherent responses was there anything that would not be considered bickering. Everyone in this forum is now dumber for having read to it. I award you no likes, and may God have mercy on your soul!

good grief l, possibly becoming the most stupid thread of all time now.

Yet I'm drawn to it like a moth to flame

Homage de Billy -

This thread, what has been posted is one of the most insanely idiotic things I've ever read. At no point in the rambling, incoherent responses was there anything that would not be considered bickering. Everyone in this forum is now dumber for having read to it. I award you no likes, and may God have mercy on your soul!

Beat me to it

The right thing for me to say is this:

The automatic assumption of guilt COMBINED with complete disregard for opinions of innocence makes me uncomfortable about some posters now.

Personally speaking I don't assume Majak is guilty at all. In fact I think he will most likely be proven innocent with the limited info we have available re' circumstances etc.

But posters disparaging the girl before the case has even been heard is off. Plus the whole victim mentality is not right for mine.

Personally speaking I don't assume Majak is guilty at all. In fact I think he will most likely be proven innocent with the limited info we have available re' circumstances etc.

But posters disparaging the girl before the case has even been heard is off.
Someone is lying, and if it is her that is lying which is a possibility.... Then well I hope she burns in hell.

I didn't say he would be unaffected, I said that being found not guilty alone and having to face charges does not make him a victim.

Ah... I beg to differ

I'm not ignoring you or counter arguments. I don't agree with you or them.

Majak is unaffected as it stands and is current life has continued. We didn't cut his contract nor has any other material party shown disrespect to Majak. As it should be under the innocent until proven guilty principle and Majak is rightly afforded that.

I know you like to be always right and get upset if not agreed with.

Well he either raped her or he didn't....

Nah. Not that simple. Both may well be telling the truth so it will come down to whether what happened (and who knows) constitutes rape. That remains to be seen but either way both parties deserve full respect until the decision is made.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ah... I beg to differ

You will also see that I refer to emotionally previously. That is not proof of actual injury/loss as every person charged with any crime suffers emotionally. That does not make them victims in a criminal sense.

Bullshit!!!
How can they both be "telling the truth" and then it will come down to what happened and whether it constitutes rape??? If she said no, and made it clear that she didn't want sex, and he went ahead then he is lying and deserves what happens... If she didn't and in actual fact gave consent, then she is lying and faces ZERO consequences! Did you read earlier link I posted??

http://articles.latimes.com/2012/may/25/local/la-me-rape-dismiss-20120525

Yeah it's America, but could be similar.

You will also see that I refer to emotionally previously. That is not proof of actual injury/loss as every person charged with any crime suffers emotionally. That does not make them victims in a criminal sense.
No one here is saying that Maj will be a victim of a criminal act, but he will be a victim of circumstance, he will and has suffered lost revenue, his name is tarnished, his brand unrecoverable..... That is in my opinion the essence of being a victim... If she is lying of course.

No one here is saying that Maj will be a victim of a criminal act, but he will be a victim of circumstance, he will and has suffered lost revenue, his name is tarnished, his brand unrecoverable..... That is in my opinion the essence of being a victim... If she is lying of course.

I don't think that will be the case if proven innocent.

You have every right to your opinion but I doubt you can prove the bold with facts at the current time.

I don't think that will be the case if proven innocent.

You have every right to your opinion but I doubt you can prove the bold with facts at the current time.
Did Majak lose his ambassadorial role with the AFL as a result of these allegations??

drinkingbird.gif

It is very possible that two parties are telling the truth but a charge isn't substantiated Phillyroo .

That is the whole reason there is such a high burden of proof with "beyond reasonable doubt" being required. This allows for defendants to be exonerated even when they are (actually) guilty, but there is not enough evidence to substantiate the charge laid and that's fair.

Plus as Astrovic excellently pointed out earlier rape cases and consent are extremely difficult and substantial grey areas exist.

It is very possible that two parties are telling the truth but a charge isn't substantiated Phillyroo .

That is the whole reason there is such a high burden of proof with "beyond reasonable doubt" being required. This allows for defendants to be exonerated even when they are (actually) guilty, but there is not enough evidence to substantiate the charge laid and that's fair.

Plus as Astrovic excellently pointed out earlier rape cases and consent are extremely difficult and substantial grey areas exist.
Can you please explain to me a scenario where both parties are telling the absolute truth and yet disagree that rape has taken place.

Nah. Not that simple. Both may well be telling the truth so it will come down to whether what happened (and who knows) constitutes rape. That remains to be seen but either way both parties deserve full respect until the decision is made.
True. It often comes down to the timing of consent or denial. Saintly31 makes some very good points. Let's all wait for the court case and see what evidence there is. Police don't waste their time laying charges they don't think have a strong chance of being proven in court. My gut feel is that the time lapse will make this a difficult case to determine beyond a reasonable doubt. But we haven't seen the evidence so speculating on innocence or guilt is foolhardy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back