Delisted #38: Nick Kommer - Delisted - 26/10

Remove this Banner Ad

Has he really shown the necessary attributes as a ball winner to indicate he could be a midfielder, though?

I know his present stats are largely dictated by where he's played, but I find it hard to imagine him becoming enough of a ball winner. And that's what he'd need to be- I couldn't see him really being an outside runner. He'd need to be a grunt type.

Played as a midfielder for West Perth the year he was drafted. he actually replaced player X ( his name eludes me ) in the midfield at West perth who was on our rookie list in 2012.

No future for Kommer unless he spends time in the midfield.

the name you're looking for is Brendan Lee, yaco. And i think the exact opposite, there's no future for Kommer unless it's in the forward line.

You'd be stupid to include him over any number of our higher picks as a mid, but as a small forward (if he can further this dimension of his game), then there's a definite future, because that's much more of a need going forward.

I'm not sure why people are knocking his kicking either, he could still make it if he didn't improve his kicking from here on out

the name you're looking for is Brendan Lee, yaco. And i think the exact opposite, there's no future for Kommer unless it's in the forward line.

You'd be stupid to include him over any number of our higher picks as a mid, but as a small forward (if he can further this dimension of his game), then there's a definite future, because that's much more of a need going forward.

I'm not sure why people are knocking his kicking either, he could still make it if he didn't improve his kicking from here on out

If Kommer could get somewhere to a level just below Jaryd Blair then that would be passable in my books.

Statistically (give or take 3 - 5) would be mid teen possessions, 5 tackles, 4 scoring shots and half a dozen score involvements.

Blair is actually a pretty bloody good small forward/midfielder

If Kommer could get somewhere to a level just below Jaryd Blair then that would be passable in my books.

Statistically (give or take 3 - 5) would be mid teen possessions, 5 tackles, 4 scoring shots and half a dozen score involvements.

Blair is actually a pretty bloody good small forward/midfielder

He's also have the advantage of being 12 cms taller than Blair and therefore another potential marking threat.

We'll agree to disagree about his role at the club.

He's also have the advantage of being 12 cms taller than Blair and therefore another potential marking threat.

Except knowing what we have seen....Kommer would fall over and 'almost' catch it lol

So much negativity here.

I hope Kommer does well. He's got great endeavor, really gives his all. I'm surprised people don't think he can improve. Does everyone feel the same about other players on our list, that it's not possible for them to get better in certain areas (kicking, fitness etc)?

So much negativity here.

I hope Kommer does well. He's got great endeavor, really gives his all. I'm surprised people don't think he can improve. Does everyone feel the same about other players on our list, that it's not possible for them to get better in certain areas (kicking, fitness etc)?

I don't think Colyer can improve his disposal. Has had the same issues for 5+ years.. not looking likely it will improve.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ball in hand not man in hand
I'd take Melksham's kicking on a bad day ahead of Kommer on his best day ball in hand, let alone when Melksham's playing well. Kommer is literally the worst kick/decision maker at our club

I'd take Melksham's kicking on a bad day ahead of Kommer on his best day ball in hand, let alone when Melksham's playing well. Kommer is literally the worst kick/decision maker at our club

Melkshams effective disposals per game is 62.4
Kommers is 78.1

Melkshams is in fact the worst in the team

Melkshams effective disposals per game is 62.4
Kommers is 78.1

Melkshams is in fact the worst in the team
Melksham is so much better than Kommer in literally every single possible way.

if you think Kommer is better for the side than Melksham i've got a rock i'd like to sell you
My point was that Kommers ball use is better than one of our midfielders. Scroll the argument above^^
Melksham is a good tagger but we have Hocking

Clearly I just point out one that he isn't.
DE is the 2nd most useless statistic ever. You will never see Kommer do this:

DE is the 2nd most useless statistic ever. You will never see Kommer do this:

o_O I would take a bloke that can hit a target 80 times out of 100 over a bloke that can nail a top goal one minute and turn it over the next.
Efficiency is everything.

o_O I would take a bloke that can hit a target 80 times out of 100 over a bloke that can nail a top goal one minute and turn it over the next.
Efficiency is everything.
You are literally the only person on earth who thinks Kommer is a better kick than Melksham

Remove this Banner Ad

Back