Player Watch #4: Aidan Corr

Remove this Banner Ad

He was excellent today.
I’ll eat a bowl of humble pie. I was highly critical of him early in the season and never wanted to see him line up in the team again.
Full credit to Aidan for turning it around and being a real contributor for a while now.

Completely and utterly destroyed Langford. Even the goal Langford got wasn't his fault. Just dumb and bad play up the ground ruined what would've been a clean sheet.

This sort of form is why we got Corr and why he's still playing in the 1s. Despite my frustrations, perhaps the inclusion of Comben back there has given Corr some freedom to nullify his opponents.

Also liked the fact he pointed at Scott when the ball was turned over. Standards.

Probably his best game for North. Credit to him his last 3-4 weeks has been much better and there wasn’t even any crazy bananas out of defence today

Please keep it up
Spot on Leo. I’ve been a big critic of Corr. I’d rank that as one of his best outings for North. :stern look

Funny how plenty on here right him off at the start of every season.
People have rightly pointed to our senior players not holding up, but at least 3 of them had significantly interrupted or slow pre-seasons, McDonald with hamstring surgery/recovery, Jy with concussion and Corr with a bad ankle

It takes time to work back into form, and no coincidence that it's this deep into the season before Corr and McDonald have got going

People have rightly pointed to our senior players not holding up, but at least 3 of them had significantly interrupted or slow pre-seasons, McDonald with hamstring surgery/recovery, Jy with concussion and Corr with a bad ankle

It takes time to work back into form, and no coincidence that it's this deep into the season before Corr and McDonald have got going
Don't think it's just that.

Corr was given the main KPD role with Biggie/Pink and Dawson, it wasn't a very reassuring mix. With Comben back there, Wilson and himself as the third defender, the mix feels more compatible. It feels normal. Perhaps Lmac is also feeling more comfortable now he doesn't have to always get in front of a 100kg behemoth.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Has finally found his groove again. I actually forgot Langford was even playing for most of the game yesterday, and the one goal he did get wasn't even really Corr's fault. Keep it up.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back