Player Watch #4 Dustin Martin

Remove this Banner Ad

If Dusty leaves he'd be doing the club one finally service in setting us up with a couple of nice picks which we desperately need. If he stays he becomes a 300 game player. It's not like he's not going to be a hall of fame, all time legend of the club regardless. Can't really lose.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

People really get worked up over nothing. I couldn't careless, if Dusty stays, he remains a Richmond all-time great, if Dusty leaves, he still remains a Richmond all-time great.

Won't change history and doesn't take away our flags, flags are all I care about. Went 37 years without seeing one and was beginning to think it was never going to happen again. Just like Hardwick, some people get their knickers in a twist that he is coaching a different team, who gives a s**t his time with us was done.

It's all sentimental BS, you all realise if Dusty stays, he is never going to have a one last game at the "G" day to say goodbye, if our supporters know Dusty he will just retire in the off season and walk away.

People really get worked up over nothing. I couldn't careless, if Dusty stays, he remains a Richmond all-time great, if Dusty leaves, he still remains a Richmond all-time great.

Won't change history and doesn't take away our flags, flags are all I care about. Went 37 years without seeing one and was beginning to think it was never going to happen again. Just like Hardwick, some people get their knickers in a twist that he is coaching a different team, who gives a s**t his time with us was done.
100% mate
It’s literally Duty’s choice anyway

People getting mad at Dimma?
Of course they are going to make a play for him

Shouldn’t they be getting mad at Dusty if anyone

And that’s even if it happens

Look at the grub on the left of Dimma trying to keep a poker face and goes red, 100% they want their dirty mitts on Dusty, the way I see it I don't think he wants to leave but if he does we must make them pay maximum cost.

I'll cancel my membership if we fire sale a contracted Dusty for a token second.

There is no way we fire sale Dusty for a token second, Dusty does not deserve it , nor does RFC!!

especially when they gave pick 7 away last year for nothing

100% mate
It’s literally Duty’s choice anyway

People getting mad at Dimma?
Of course they are going to make a play for him

Shouldn’t they be getting mad at Dusty if anyone

And that’s even if it happens

Yeah, I just don't get the angst. We are no longer a club starved of success, so losing a star player for us isn't the end of the world. If Dusty left we get compensated, if Dusty stays then we keep one of our greats.

Doesn't change the past for me and I'm just happy we saw success with who we had at the time.

Exactly. Can't see us paying any of his salary to play for the suns unless we get an absolute bonanza in draft picks/players for the trade.

I can see us paying his salary because we have to meet TPP obligations even if we hit the draft hard.

We don't need a excessive bonanza of picks/players but we need something really decent. We can't be treated as chumps and Dusty can't be treated as a chump either

I am not sure what peoples interpretations of bonanza and getting reamed are at. I think picks our preference but they want their picks for the academy so for us it is really picks and/or very young players of quality so they have a real future at RFC so there is no BS story and the prospects for the players coming and the RFC club into the future are very genuine in terms of the vision and how achievable it is

Another option I think is possible is trading Lynch back to Gold Coast.

People say well they already have King, but I think King is a bit like Buddy, he might be better off playing off a half forward.

They have their gun forward in this draft to but it will take a little while for him to emerge so Lynch might be able to fill the shorter term gap

Remove this Banner Ad

Back