Past #4: Shaun Higgins - Higgo traded to Geelong for 2020 #30 - 2x Syds/108 NM gms/96 NM gls - thx Higgo

Remove this Banner Ad

Was critical of us recruiting Higgins at the time because I thought he was a soft, heartless footballer. But I willingly admit that I was wrong. He's been fantastic and is a tougher footballer than I ever thought he was at the doggies.

Higgins seems to have led our other players in handballing directly to a player or in front of a running player at a distance where the player could catch the ball. Before this year handballs seemed to be just in the general direction of a player usually on the bounce or to someone standing still and about to be tackled.

The doggies have let some great players go over the last few years..... could build an elite midfield around them.....

I remember watching Higgins play at WB when he played forward.... i liked his skills, but i never really rated him, thought he was pretty soft.... well he aint that bad TBH

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Have to admit i wasnt happy when we got Higgins in but he has been a star.

His best return goals wise for the Bulldogs was 32 in 20 games a few years back. Touch wood will go past that with ease.

Love it when a plan comes together

Major man crush on this bloke. Career best season and on track for about 40 goals.

You wouldn't find a Bulldog supporter who was unhappy about his departure, they kept saying he was soft, goes missing, inconsistent, etc. BUT HE PROVED THEM WRONG!!!

Recruit of the year by the length of the Flemington Straight.

Last edited:
The whole Higgins for Greenwood being bad for us argument on here last year now looks hilarious (even though the argument was flawed in the first pace).

He will be top 5 in our best & fairest, great effort!

Higgins and Dal Santo are outstanding additions to our team. Both very skilled and very confident. And most importantly great footy smarts.

Too many players kick without looking. How many times has one of our players kicked it to the top of the square and it's marked by the opposition who is 30 metres in the clear. WFT is up with that? Higgins and Dal don't do that.

Major man crush on this bloke. Career best season and on track for about 40 goals.

You wouldn't find a Bulldog supporter who was unhappy about his departure, they kept saying he was soft, goes missing, inconsistent, etc. BUT HE PROVED THEM WRONG!!!

Recruit of the year by the length of the Flemington Straight.

The dogs got Lukas Webb from the deal we'll see how that goes first before potting anyone.

I'm happy with our man so far that should be enough. Hopefully he maintains this output over his entire contract.

Looks like he's really enjoying playing for North. Busting through tackles, slotting goals, celebrating with the team.

He's officially a shinboner now and I love the fact we've got him signed up for 5 years.

The dogs got Lukas Webb from the deal we'll see how that goes first before potting anyone.

I'm happy with our man so far that should be enough. Hopefully he maintains this output over his entire contract.
What do you mean that the got Webb from the deal?? With the compo pick?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back