Player Watch #40: Eddie Ford

Remove this Banner Ad

Eddie has done enough - relative to someone like Sleevo - to go back straight into the firsts after injury.

After watching Sleevo play at Box Hill a couple of weeks back his papers shold have been stamped for good - yet a couple of weeks of crap VFL form he is back in the ones.
Honestly would’ve rather Curtis Taylor lol

Assuming we are easing Fordy back in from injury, Drury has been good tbf.
I had to check the stats and you’re right when you compare these two this year. Granted, they’ve been playing around the same parts of the ground. I just can’t understand why we’re not playing more marking types who can run on the wing.

I had to check the stats and you’re right when you compare these two this year. Granted, they’ve been playing around the same parts of the ground. I just can’t understand why we’re not playing more marking types who can run on the wing.
I think you’ve answered your own question. Ford isn’t fully fit. Get miles in the legs and we should see him doing his thing from forward to wing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If we lose this bloke at the end of the year because he wasn’t given enough opportunities and was stuck behind pea hearts like Tucker and Stephenson I’ll be livid.
Agree with sentiment but reckon Tucker has a go but is just limited.

On SM-S901E using BigFooty.com mobile app

He is out of contract, he might make the decision to go elsewhere if he continues to get treated this way.
It’s not like he would be finding out just via somebody pinning the team list on a wall.
It would be a discussion & he’d be aware of why he’s having another week in the two’s.
I agree with some of the above & assume it’s being eased back/fitness/also the trip to Darwin.
Surely he’s one Clarko, Viney & co want to keep around.

IMG_8855.gif

It doesn’t make a heap of sense, seems to play his role when he’s in the side. Would love to hear the logic as to why he’s getting left out.

We have the lowest forward half retention rate in the comp I'm pretty sure. We're heading to Darwin. We can realistically only play two of Zurhaar, Ford, Curtis and Duursma, this week and the two who are least fit and offer the least forward pressure will spend the week in the twos getting some touch. Not the end of the world.

Can't imagine the coaching staff are desperate to get him back in for a sticky game against Gold Coast in Darwin. Will probably be back against the Bombers next week?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back