Preview Round 14 changes v dogs @marvel Sunday 4:40pm before the bye

Remove this Banner Ad

Kayne Turner? Seriously? Is it April Fools?

There's always a few left field selections posted on these threads, but the selection committee has outdone us all.

May aswell have give Harvey or Hansen a go . Turner of Diddly..

The team on the field doesn’t look bad. The extended bench is uninspiring on current form. The challenge this week is less who to leave out than to find four you really want in. And despite the great VFL win, I’m not sure a lot of AFL-listed talent is knocking the door down either.

If Turner makes the 22, I can only think there’s a specific job they want him to do.

Well with current selection situation
Just put a fork thru Dawson and Perez ever playing for the NMFC.
I expect Turner to play which is a joke with Greenwood,Tucker and Spicer with Curtis as the sun.
Feel for Curtis just got the feeling he maybe trade bait for a 3rd/4th rounder next year Coor will need to develop for another position as he could also be part of a trade as well

Always gonna happen IMO

Yes, it was always going to happen bc everyone and their dog knows that a defender and small forward cannot be replaced with two midfielders.

I literally posted this for you earlier in the thread. Positional requirements.

It’s blowing my mind that ppl refuse to accept this simple concept in our game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes, it was always going to happen bc everyone and their dog knows that a defender and small forward cannot be replaced with two midfielders.

I literally posted this for you earlier in the thread. Positional requirements.

It’s blowing my mind that ppl refuse to accept this simple concept in our game.
They can be dropped for mids

Backline should be
B: Ziebell McKay Mcdonald
HB: Sheezel Logue Bergman

Tucker rotating off wing and hbf

Forwards
HF: Sleevo CCJ Ford
F: Zurhaar Larkey Curtis

Powell and tarryn rotating on the forward flank and mid

Spicer and hall out

They can be dropped for mids

Backline should be
B: Ziebell McKay Mcdonald
HB: Sheezel Logue Bergman

Tucker rotating off wing and hbf

Forwards
HF: Sleevo CCJ Ford
F: Zurhaar Larkey Curtis

Powell and tarryn rotating on the forward flank and mid

Spicer and hall out
No, they can’t. Hence why they haven’t been.

Crazy that our best player is out but this is close to the strongest team we’ve had all year. Will Phill, George, Jy, and TT starting mids 🥰

How the * is Turner on the extended bench. He was garbage last week. Lazzaro deserved that spot regardless if he plays or not.

Turner lol.
I often wonder about a thing like the "pressure forward", where this week we have Spicer, Turner and Paul Curtis on the extended bench.

Here is a thought, kick a goal for pressure (Weightman). Or, extend the midfield rotation by selecting a midfielder for development.

This business of selecting guys who get 8 possessions, and can't really lay a tackle that hurts, or can't kick a goal, or can't go into the midfield, or have no game sense, or kick goal of the year and won't chase, is just a rotating waste.

Curtis has a 4 goal on GF day type ceiling. We have guys like George, Hansen and a probable Nick Watson in the mix.

Last edited:
Didn’t Turner get pantsed by Weightman last time they played on each other?

He can’t be our secret weapon surely

Sissy Rose (my Little dachsador girl)
resized_20210507_204521-jpeg.1361219

barks the following...

The ball was exiting our forward line too easily last week so I was going to suggest we see what KT has got up his sleeve. Surprised it actually happened though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back