Past #40: Thomas Murphy - delisted after 8 NM games/1 NM goal - thanks Murph

Remove this Banner Ad

Ive always liked Murph.. can hit targets and has a crack. Players like Murph stay, another pre-season and more game time
Guys like Murphy and others that are on the list that could be in that discussion of delisting need the rest of the season to given the chance by playing and if not up to it by season end then delist.
We have nothing to lose by not playing these guys.

Guys like Murphy and others that are on the list that could be in that discussion of delisting need the rest of the season to given the chance by playing and if not up to it by season end then delist.
We have nothing to lose by not playing these guys.
With a clear out of deadwood theres plenty of room for Murph. Murph isnt hurting the cap and has shown enough to persist with in my eyes

That’s one thing we can thank Joyce for, balancing the books.
Well that's one way of looking at it :)
You might be giving Joyce too much credit there. Not landing any of Martin, Gaff, Degoey, Kelly, has helped our books as well.

Back on topic, I was surprised at the calls in the autopsy thread to delist Murphy. Looked alright yesterday in just his second game of the year. Worth persisting with, at least for the rest of this year. I'd be giving him more games.

Still very young, if there is no continued soft tissue injury in 2021, we need to keep.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

just an average footballer
has had 3 years on the rookie list so cant stay on that even if there is one

i reckon he will get delisted
He will be borderline - really dependent on what they do with list sizes - eg if they cut the list size to 38 he will be in real trouble.

He is average overall but has elite foot skills - something we lack in spades at present.

Delist.

We have others much older in the gun so he might be spared.

I’m Bullish in this bloke. Don’t know why, I just don’t feel like we’ve seen nothing yet of what he could become.

Maybe you're right - I'm yet to see what you have. I hope so, as it's going to be tough at end of year.

He's always had that going for him mate. I doubt he would have ever been drafted if he didn't.

Yep. Cannon.

I never saw him show much overhead ability at VFL level otherwise I’d look at trying him at half forward.

Yep. Cannon.

I never saw him show much overhead ability at VFL level otherwise I’d look at trying him at half forward.

He's a tweener who isn't quick mate.

He would be a very nice addition in an established side, so it's all a matter of making this years cut and the team improving.

I like what he has, but I reckon that ultimately his long term prospects will revolve around the teams improvement trends.

He's a tweener who isn't quick mate.

He would be a very nice addition in an established side, so it's all a matter of making this years cut and the team improving.

I like what he has, but I reckon that ultimately his long term prospects will revolve around the teams improvement trends.

You are basically describing Dumont as well, who has forged a career.

He looks a little bit leaner than previous seasons, so Shaw might have given him some direction as to develop his run and carry a bit more in lieu of the back pocket type he was being developed under Scott.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back