Delisted 41. Levi Casboult

Remove this Banner Ad

I think Levi should be played as a FF during the NAB Cup.

/point.

This will happen.

With our first nab appearance being a split game we will field more players than usual and with Hendo and Mitchell out injures that leaves us short in KPF options making it more likely the Cas will play.

He probably deserves a taste of it anyway with all the work he has done.

This will happen.

With our first nab appearance being a split game we will field more players than usual and with Hendo and Mitchell out injures that leaves us short in KPF options making it more likely the Cas will play.

He probably deserves a taste of it anyway with all the work he has done.
It's a good point you raise about needing to field more players than usual - given the split game.

I agree that with Mitchell and Hendo out - we may need to use Levi as a forward or perhaps experiment with someone else there.

Although at this stage Levi surely would be the obvious choice - if we don't see what he can do at AFL level now... when will we?

It's a good point you raise about needing to field more players than usual - given the split game.

I agree that with Mitchell and Hendo out - we may need to use Levi as a forward or perhaps experiment with someone else there.

Although at this stage Levi surely would be the obvious choice - if we don't see what he can do at AFL level now... when will we?

Exactly.

Having the new format in the Nab Cup IMO makes it even less relevant, result wise. Who cares if we win a 40 minute game or not?

This is a chance to experiment with position and roles as well as refining parts of the gameplan. We will have an opportunity to trial guys like Levi and Austin at senior level and see what they can do. Levi is a big guy and has done a lot of work to get in the shape that he is in now, it's only a matter of time before he gets an opportunity and that will be in the NAB cup IMO.

610x.jpg

:heart:

Struggled a bit on the weekend. Missed a sitter and also shanked a shot at goal. Played in the ruck for a little bit and didn't do too much there. Still has a while to go but I'm still confident he can get there. Just needs experience.

Levi was very ordinary on Saturday night. Probably our worst on ground.

That's not to write him off, but he has a hell of a long way to go. I've said that before and I'll say it again. He's not ready, and he's a fair way off it too.

His kicking was ordinary, he was dropping marks and he had no impact on the game. I'll attribute some of that to nerves which is understandable, but it was a poor performance.

His body has changed a heap so he may not be used to that just yet. Needs to work hard in the VFL this year to have a shot at elevation come season 2012.

A few were saying that they'd have no problems with Levi getting senior games this season, something I objected to - and Saturday night showed us why. If Levi gets games this year, then we've most probably been decimated by injuries which I obviously hope not to be the case. That'd be the only reason why I'd give him a senior game.

This will be seen as a negative post for sure, but I'm just calling it as I see it - and as I see it, Levi won't be ready for another year at the very least. As I said, not writing him off and I obviously hope he does well and makes it in the big league, but he has a long, long way to go.

A solid consistent year in the VFL would be pleasing from him this year, and that's certainly not out of the question.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Levi was very ordinary on Saturday night. Probably our worst on ground.

That's not to write him off, but he has a hell of a long way to go. I've said that before and I'll say it again. He's not ready, and he's a fair way off it too.

His kicking was ordinary, he was dropping marks and he had no impact on the game. I'll attribute some of that to nerves which is understandable, but it was a poor performance.

His body has changed a heap so he may not be used to that just yet. Needs to work hard in the VFL this year to have a shot at elevation come season 2012.

A few were saying that they'd have no problems with Levi getting senior games this season, something I objected to - and Saturday night showed us why. If Levi gets games this year, then we've most probably been decimated by injuries which I obviously hope not to be the case. That'd be the only reason why I'd give him a senior game.

This will be seen as a negative post for sure, but I'm just calling it as I see it - and as I see it, Levi won't be ready for another year at the very least. As I said, not writing him off and I obviously hope he does well and makes it in the big league, but he has a long, long way to go.

A solid consistent year in the VFL would be pleasing from him this year, and that's certainly not out of the question.

Agree with all of this, the Levi hype train was getting a bit out of hand. :p

http://www.carltonfc.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/4311/newsid/111464/default.aspx

"Austin suffered a break to his arm in landing awkwardly after attempting to mark in the opening quarter, while Casboult knocked knees with his opposing ruckman after contesting a bounce."

Hopefully the big fellas alright.
His out for around 8 weeks.He will have around 10 games and finals to get a spot on the list but very unlikely to get a spot for 2012 maybe 2013.I'm sure being a key tall position player he would be worth a 3rd year rookie if the club see a player in him.I hope he makes it need a key position player.

http://www.carltonfc.com.au/injury/tabid/4314/default.aspx

Levi Casboult - Knee – 6 to 8 weeks

Really unfortunate news for Levi.

He has clearly worked exceptionally hard in his time at the club to change his body shape and improve his overall game, culminating in an elevation to the senior list - so to be struck down by a fairly serious injury is not good news at all.

Here's hoping he keeps his chin up, puts his all into his rehab and comes out better for it on the other side.

Great interview.
A new look with the mo.
Great to hear everything is going well with the recovery.
He has worked so hard since his first day at the club.
Looking forward to seeing him back out in games!

Congrats to Levi, was huge today, took some huge strong contested clunks and kicked five big goals, looked fantastic, looked to take a massive step forward in his development today, very exciting for the club and player :thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back