Delisted 41. Levi Casboult

Remove this Banner Ad

I have to say that I don't think I've seen anyone look as good with a beard as Levi does. He looks like an old school cattle drover in the mould of a Hugh Jackman in Australia. I reckon young Levi would have the chicks after him now if my wife is anything to go by. She reckons he's "hot" with the beard, but when I showed her a pic of him sans beard she said he just looked like a baby. Anyway, I digress. Good luck in 2013, hopefully for your sake Levi becomes the forward that you've been missing since the departure of Fev...

I have to say that I don't think I've seen anyone look as good with a beard as Levi does. He looks like an old school cattle drover in the mould of a Hugh Jackman in Australia. I reckon young Levi would have the chicks after him now if my wife is anything to go by. She reckons he's "hot" with the beard, but when I showed her a pic of him sans beard she said he just looked like a baby. Anyway, I digress. Good luck in 2013, hopefully for your sake Levi becomes the forward that you've been missing since the departure of Fev...
Well... he has already put someone in hospital with busted ribs and a punctured lung... so he could well be the missing forward...

The Grunt Match Report - Rd 3

Levi Casboult looked to have rediscovered some form claiming nine marks, 16 disposals and finishing with three goals as a deep target and second ruckman.

The Grunt Match Report - Rd 3

Encouraging news that Levi had a good game at VFL level over the weekend.

Started the season in the senior side but lost his place due to having no impact two weeks in a row.

It is fair to say that Levi has not been in the best of form thus far this season, but to his credit he has not stopped working hard and perhaps his performance against Coburg on Sunday afternoon will give him the confidence boost he needs to kick-start his season.

There is no doubt that Levi still has a significant role to play for Carlton in 2013 but early season form has seen him lose his place. He needs to work hard to claim that back has lost his place to Rowe and needs to work hard to claim it back. Sunday's performance looks to have been a big step in the right direction.

Must put in a few words for Levi here.

He's not getting regular AFL games at the moment but would possibly be at several other clubs.
His presence at VFL level is high and currently very intimidating. Doing so many things well that I wouldn't have given the credit for not so long ago.

Marking is at a premium irrespective of how many opponents are at the contest and on the few occasions he's spoiled he'll still bring the ball to the ground benefiting the smalls.
Casboults ruck-work has also gone to a new level. Not saying he's the best in the business but he can now at least be competitive against very good opponents.
His ground work and around-the-ground work is possibly the most impressive thing about him right now as he's never too far away from the contest.

Not sure where this year will take him but at this rate he can't be ignored for too long.

Deserves a chance to play alongside Waite, as do all of our under siege forwards, in order to properly judge their prospects.
Fair point. Waite's presence makes it so much easier for his KPF counterpart, as evidenced by Kreuzer taking marks & having 3 shots on goal (2 of which he should definitely have kicked). The forward line stays a lot more open with Waite in the team, meaning there are less 2 on 1 & 3 on 2 marking contests.

FFS - when is this guy going to learn how to kick for goal?!

Spent time being trained up through the pre-season but still has a hook foot.

It's the part of his game that will be a problem if he doesn't rectify it.
All great having a strong marking player but goals will be wanted also.

I really don't know how we can't fix this issue. He doesn't have to be the best but I hope he's not the worst either.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's seriously not good enough for somebody who is a full time footballer, who plays as a forward and is paid to create a contest and kick goals to still be missing goes from 20 metres out, even after spending a pre-season working on set shot kicking.

It's seriously not good enough for somebody who is a full time footballer, who plays as a forward and is paid to create a contest and kick goals to still be missing goes from 20 metres out, even after spending a pre-season working on set shot kicking.
his ball drop is terrible, how has J Barker and co. not had a word to him? I don't care if that's his natural drop, get it right!

his ball drop is terrible, how has J Barker and co. not had a word to him? I don't care if that's his natural drop, get it right!

That's not exactly right zee as Barker had spent plenty of time with Levi.

He's actually looked much better at the lower level but unfortunately his worst came out on Saturday.
It's a pity as a 3 or 4 goal return would have swerved him very well.

That's not exactly right zee as Barker had spent plenty of time with Levi.

He's actually looked much better at the lower level but unfortunately his worst came out on Saturday.
It's a pity as a 3 or 4 goal return would have swerved him very well.

It seems by all reports, his improvement from training has showed in the VFL but has not yet translated to AFL level.

Me thinks with the higher pressure, crowd noise, nerves etc he's tending to revert to his current natural ball drop instead of the what he's been trying to re-train into.

It seems by all reports, his improvement from training has showed in the VFL but has not yet translated to AFL level.
Me thinks with the higher pressure, crowd noise, nerves etc he's tending to revert to his current natural ball drop instead of the what he's been trying to re-train into.

He deserved the promotion and did very well overall but he has to kick goals. He just has to.
If the return was 3.1 (which it really should have been) instead of 1.3, we all would have been very happy today.

I think Mick will work with Levi because he's doing a lot of things right, but if you don't kick goals then others will be found that can.

He deserved the promotion and did very well overall but he has to kick goals. He just has to.
If the return was 3.1 (which it really should have been) instead of 1.3, we all would have been very happy today.

I think Mick will work with Levi because he's doing a lot of things right, but if you don't kick goals then others will be found that can.

Nothing practice can't fix though

I was in favour of bringing Lynch to the club but clearly outside of a few games he has been just ordinary.

Still think he has value but more than happy to be backing Levi in. Developing quite nicely and seems to be performing well in the role of second forward and back-up ruckman.

Needs to improve in certain areas but the advantages to his game are absolutely clear. We know of his prowess in the air but it is his mobility and willingness to work around the ground which has been most impressive. Love seeing him push back and taking contested marks in defense.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back