Delisted 41. Levi Casboult

Remove this Banner Ad

levi is starting to get attention from oppositions. he was drawing 2-3 opponents to marking contests against the Dons and brining the ball to ground. really starting to give betts and garlett something to work off. he is a monster in the air and doing ok in the ruck. still got a long way to go but its a great sign when he is drawing so much defence

11 games this year for 7 goals and 7 behinds. Poor year from Cas.

Kicked 3 against Richmond and took more than 5 marks on three occasions against GWS, Essendon and Hawthorn in successive weeks mid year.

Much maligned forward like Jordan Lisle for example has kicked 14-5 from 8 games. Very disappointing year for Cas in my opinion. Needs to work on many aspects to not have his senior spot questioned on the list.

11 games this year for 7 goals and 7 behinds. Poor year from Cas.

Kicked 3 against Richmond and took more than 5 marks on three occasions against GWS, Essendon and Hawthorn in successive weeks mid year.

Much maligned forward like Jordan Lisle for example has kicked 14-5 from 8 games. Very disappointing year for Cas in my opinion. Needs to work on many aspects to not have his senior spot questioned on the list.

Found he worked best for us when he was playing the link role up the ground. .. Gave us that go to option from defence. .. Perhaps he could benefit from a game plan that had other options streaming in behind him like a good medium or small forward or tall option like Kreuzer, using his space behind him. .. Very much a confidence player one feels, though. ..

I still think that he is a player much in the mould of Earl Spalding. A lead up CHF who can wander up to the wings and act as the link player when one of our various super boots launches it from the back line.

His field kicking isnt as bad as his goal kicking and he seems to do most of his effective work up the ground... even sliding into defence to act as an extra tall back there as needed.

His field kicking is still horrible.

no worse really than some of our 'elite' kicks were when they started there careers...

Remember when Carrazzo used to be known as Italian for turnover?

And Mick is now working one on one with him so hopefully things will turn around with him.

no worse really than some of our 'elite' kicks were when they started there careers...

Remember when Carrazzo used to be known as Italian for turnover?

And Mick is now working one on one with him so hopefully things will turn around with him.
Carrazzo is not an elite user. He's at best neat now....That's all we can hope with for Levi.

Goal kicking is different and I put it down to confidence. For a professional footballer he simply must do better.

Carrazzo is not an elite user. He's at best neat now....That's all we can hope with for Levi.

Goal kicking is different and I put it down to confidence. For a professional footballer he simply must do better.

I agree whole heartedly... when kicking for goal, the ball drop and his kicking action needs to be perfect or the ball will spray all over the place like it does. His field kicking doesnt need to be so precise and therefore is a bit better because there is less stress on him.

I've said before, he needs someone to help him work on a routine that will allow him to be more relaxed when approaching the goal. Whether it's a hitch step or two to balance out or a Lloyd grass toss.

Think Big Earl had a pretty ordinary ball drop as well but could still kick a goal.

Lets play Cas as a roaming CHF with licence to kick goals or hand them off.

Imo Cas needs to play between 15 and 20 games this season to develop the confidence he had when he was a regular at TAC level (41.14 from Cas at AFL level would have me celebrating joyously).

Think Big Earl had a pretty ordinary ball drop as well but could still kick a goal.

Lets play Cas as a roaming CHF with licence to kick goals or hand them off.

Imo Cas needs to play between 15 and 20 games this season to develop the confidence he had when he was a regular at TAC level (41.14 from Cas at AFL level would have me celebrating joyously).

I agree with this.

Kicking at goal has looked pretty controlled and regimented during the NAB.
saw Mick kicking goals before the games last year with Him. one from five at best.

positive signs for 2014

(Log in to remove this ad.)

2014.07.31%20-%20Inside%20Football%20-%20Casboult%20lays%20his%20hands%20on%20some%20more%20consistency.png

Glad to see the big fella sign on for 2 more years. Hopefully can improve his goal kicking by aiming at the half forward flank.

Boom Tish.

Yes that was terrible

Sorry

Glad to see the big fella sign on for 2 more years. Hopefully can improve his goal kicking by aiming at the half forward flank.

Boom Tish.

Yes that was terrible

Sorry

It's painful coz it's true.

Regardless, glad you signed big fella!

I believe Levi has become critical to our structure. I think it was a huge mistake to leave him out against Richmond and I hope we don't make that mistake again this weekend against West Coast, regardless of how he performed at VFL level.

We know Levi's game has some serious flaws but both our forward line and our ruck division need him out there.

Levi is clearly the best contested mark at the club by quite some margin and one of the best across the league. He has the ability to split a pack apart - even when outnumbered - and bring the ball to ground.

We know he's shocking in front of goal but he's not the first player to have glaring deficiencies to his game nor will he be the last. As long as he and his team mates are smart about it, I feel those deficiencies can be mitigated considerably.

The other area he's crucial for us is as that player who can provide some backup to our main ruck be it Wood or Warnock or indeed Kreuzer when (if) he returns. Very few ruckmen can go solo throughout an entire game - there's probably only one across the league who can - and we need that second player to be able to compete in the ruck for a few minutes here or there.

We tried Rowe in that role last Thursday and it became apparent then and there just how vital Levi really is. Sammy is a beauty but a ruckman he ain't. Love his effort and endeavour but the reality is he's just not up to playing in that position. We're giving up far too much in the ruck there and not only that, we're sacrificing a fair bit down back with the Rowe/Jamison partnership crucial and rock solid when up and about.

I believe Levi has become critical to our structure. I think it was a huge mistake to leave him out against Richmond and I hope we don't make that mistake again this weekend against West Coast, regardless of how he performed at VFL level.

We know Levi's game has some serious flaws but both our forward line and our ruck division need him out there.

Levi is clearly the best contested mark at the club by quite some margin and one of the best across the league. He has the ability to split a pack apart - even when outnumbered - and bring the ball to ground.

We know he's shocking in front of goal but he's not the first player to have glaring deficiencies to his game nor will he be the last. As long as he and his team mates are smart about it, I feel those deficiencies can be mitigated considerably.

The other area he's crucial for us is as that player who can provide some backup to our main ruck be it Wood or Warnock or indeed Kreuzer when (if) he returns. Very few ruckmen can go solo throughout an entire game - there's probably only one across the league who can - and we need that second player to be able to compete in the ruck for a few minutes here or there.

We tried Rowe in that role last Thursday and it became apparent then and there just how vital Levi really is. Sammy is a beauty but a ruckman he ain't. Love his effort and endeavour but the reality is he's just not up to playing in that position. We're giving up far too much in the ruck there and not only that, we're sacrificing a fair bit down back with the Rowe/Jamison partnership crucial and rock solid when up and about.

He is so important to our structure especially when he is rucking, as he becomes our go to man, he just needs to take some angry pills once he crosses over the white line.

Was Sunday's great showing just luck or has Sav worked wonders and this is just the start of a more accurate kicking Casboult??

Even the long shot on the run late was hit pretty well

If this guy can fix his kicking he suddenly becomes incredibly important to our rebuild

Teammates lift when they have a dominant key forward in the team, it means so much

Cmon Cas!!!!

Diff btw last year's Hawks game and last weekend is Sav Rocca
Is last weekend a sign that Sav has unlocked the mystery that is Cas's brain and foot ?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back