Delisted #41: Will Hams - Delisted - 28/10

Remove this Banner Ad

Just on this....do we not seem to look for skinny guys?

Merrett, NOB, Kav, Hams, Gleeson, Ashby, Van Unen, Gregory - I know they're young but geez they are thin.
Trying to address our endurance issues over the last few drafts perhaps?

Just on this....do we not seem to look for skinny guys?

Merrett, NOB, Kav, Hams, Gleeson, Ashby, Van Unen, Gregory - I know they're young but geez they are thin.

Watson, Myers, Hocking, Heppell, Goddard, Stanton would be one of the more solid midfields going around. Though those kids are thin, probably only Gleeson and Gregory will stay that way.

Wilba should be aiming for 80 kegs, he already cracks in harder than most, but when he can actually hold his own in terms of strength then we'll have a real goer.

I think we should play him as a small forward next year. looking back at the highlights video put up before his debut, he's hitting contests at speed and taking the ball cleanly off hands out of the ruck on multiple occasions. I've seen him do it in the flesh as well, he's a natural at reading hitouts, I see no reason why that skill shouldn't transfer to balls off hands in the forward line. His second efforts and tackling are also extremely good

I do see an eventual midfielder, but I think he could make a name for himself round 1 next year as a small forward who applies manic forward pressure in the mold of Ben McGlynn.

Love the look of Bertocchi. Hopefully puts on a bit of beef in the pre-season and gets a look in for around 10-12 games in the seniors next year.

Love the look of Bertocchi. Hopefully puts on a bit of beef in the pre-season and gets a look in for around 10-12 games in the seniors next year.

Yeah, wouldn't nickname somebody after one of our sponsor's major rivals (Don)

Wilba should be aiming for 80 kegs, he already cracks in harder than most, but when he can actually hold his own in terms of strength then we'll have a real goer.

I think we should play him as a small forward next year. looking back at the highlights video put up before his debut, he's hitting contests at speed and taking the ball cleanly off hands out of the ruck on multiple occasions. I've seen him do it in the flesh as well, he's a natural at reading hitouts, I see no reason why that skill shouldn't transfer to balls off hands in the forward line. His second efforts and tackling are also extremely good

I do see an eventual midfielder, but I think he could make a name for himself round 1 next year as a small forward who applies manic forward pressure in the mold of Ben McGlynn.

This fits in with my plan of sending Kommer to Arizona to build up his endurance - Kommer is a more natural midfielder and it would be good to trial Hams as a small forward.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

With melkshams delayed start to the year a few players would be fighting for that position I'd assume. Big fan of this kid though and I hope he gets plenty of opportunities

Who's he replacing in the seniors Kong?

doesn't necessarily have to replace anyone. Could just come in as that 21st/22nd man that seems to be ever rotating, even with the settled side. Can impact the game anywhere on the ground because he's always on the move

doesn't necessarily have to replace anyone. Could just come in as that 21st/22nd man that seems to be ever rotating, even with the settled side. Can impact the game anywhere on the ground because he's always on the move

Really wish your avatar was Steve Smith in his whites, in my peripheral vision he looks like he is a Tigers player or something...

Wouldnt mind him as a small forward for the near future.

I think him, Colyer, Jetta and Ekav would be looking to rotate through the sub assuming our best 21 stay on the park and are fit.

If we are to lose Chappy, Winders, Howlett, Melksham (out for round 1) then guys like Hams would be in the first line to come in id assume with the same names above.

Really wish your avatar was Steve Smith in his whites, in my peripheral vision he looks like he is a Tigers player or something...

BvLFVVD.gif

You're welcome

guess your right. The club obviously has high hopes for him after doing some good things against fellow kids in the VFL last year, bit suicidal putting him in against the best contested ball side in the comp last year (sydney if I recall, yeah?).

guess your right. The club obviously has high hopes for him after doing some good things against fellow kids in the VFL last year, bit suicidal putting him in against the best contested ball side in the comp last year (sydney if I recall, yeah?).

swans at the scg in the wet...

They clearly rate him, that is the baptism of fire if you're an inside midfielder.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back