Past #42: Declan Mountford - delisted by NMFC on 04 October 2018 - thanks and good luck Dec

Remove this Banner Ad

He's been purposefully putting on weight for the last 18 months. I actually think he's got a pretty decent frame. Plenty of guys walk into clubs with a base much rakier than that. He used to be an absolute rake as a kid but he's obviously shot up a little bit (still not really what you'd consider 'tall' though).

Uh. What is the catch?

The highlights show a dynamic, smart player who's capable and clever through stoppages, who makes good decisions at pace, can kick either foot and puts them to the advantage side of the forward, and knows where the goals are once he gets inside the 50.

What gives?

You tell me

Uh. What is the catch?

The highlights show a dynamic, smart player who's capable and clever through stoppages, who makes good decisions at pace, can kick either foot and puts them to the advantage side of the forward, and knows where the goals are once he gets inside the 50.

What gives?

May be something in Silent Alarm's observation that Albany players just don't get the junior, reputation-building exposure of lots of other kids so can get a bit lost in the pack. We'll see, but it looks like a good get at the moment from the very helpful and interesting local reports.

This from combine harvester

Declan Mountford (13/2/1997. 183cm, 70kg. Claremont)

Medium midfielder

AFL biography: Medium midfielder who can break the lines with his pace. Strong overhead and aggressive in the contest. Consistent performer for WA in the NAB AFL Under-18 Championships, averaging 14 possessions in five matches and has been a prolific ball winner at Colts level, averaging 24 possessions in 10 matches with six clearances and five tackles. Also handled step up to Reserves level, averaging 22 possessions in his two matches.

"Declan's a midfielder who can run both ways and who's good on both feet. He's been a sports fan all his life: he's always had a football or tennis racquet or something else in his hand. He's from the country and this has been his first year up in the city so he's gotten used to big city life. He has good awareness at the contest, he can play inside and outside the game and what holds him in good stead is he's probably the most professional and committed player we have in our program. He's at his club six days a week and he's been brought up on sport so he's very coachable and team oriented. There's games where won't perform well if you look at the stats, but where he's had a role to play for the team and been able to do it."

Raff Guadagnino, WA talent manager

Can see bons hand In some of the selections with how professional the kids are reported to be.

Same here and it's a guide to who will and won't be among his "favourites" when it comes to selection. The Basti types who cruise around with talent but selective efforts won't fly with the coach.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Same here and it's a guide to who will and won't be among his "favourites" when it comes to selection. The Basti types who cruise around with talent but selective efforts won't fly with the coach.
Boomerroo texted me he lip read Bon saying "I want hibberd" when we were discussing that pick. 2 secs later "pick is in"

Uh. What is the catch?

What gives?
His height I would imagine....@180 he is marginally taller than Boomer.

What a ripper kid. Yep, he and Cunners have a lot in common.

If he thinks Perth's big on parking tickets just wait till he has to deal with the MCC parking Nazis.

I really like this selection and look forward to following his progress.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back