Past #44: Cruize Garlett - delisted at end of 2012 season after rejecting 1yr contract extension from NM

Remove this Banner Ad

He was given some exposure to training with the midfield group which can only improve his game. Looked very clean with his skills and first time possesion of the football.

Nice foot skills, good decision making, great prospect... :thumbsu:

Here is a youtube clip of bits of the All Stars match from the weekend. Features Cruize and you can spot the other roos who took part also. It is very poor quality unless you choose the "watch in HD" option, which is just below the viewing frame... It takes a bit longer to load with the "watch in HD" option, but it is worth it. You can see what is going on in the HD version. (The "watch in HD" option doesn't seem to appear until after the low quality version has completely downloaded :confused:)

Cruize takes a few great marks and uses the ball well each time he gets it...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vePAJzfL5a8

another that was good today. i am really surprised at how this guy has developed as a midfielder and physically. is good at the stoppages and willing to go get his own ball. has good hands and skills, and also shows a little bit of flashy brilliance. has some good pace and seems to have a good tank as well as being willing to run. taller and stronger than i thought, or realised, and goes well.

:thumbsu: Yep. Little Cruize:cool: is back from his ankle injury and he means business :thumbsu:. Bookmark it etc.

It's time for me to give up on my favourite player S Watt. I have faced the facts and he is never going to be the superstar I thought he would be after we drafted him before Adam G and Simon B:thumbsdown:. It's time to move on and I have got a new fave.:thumbsu:

I saw Cruize:cool: for Nth Ballarat last year and I thought 'Jeez this bloke is not that good' but then I watched the All Stars game in Darwin and this bloke is a gun. He is like a classier version of Campbell with much better marking ability.

I have just watched the Nth Ballarat weekend highlights and I have seen enuff. 1 more run in the VFL and elevate him for Boomer. Make it happen Euge:D.

:thumbsu: Yep. Little Cruize:cool: is back from his ankle injury and he means business :thumbsu:. Bookmark it etc.

It's time for me to give up on my favourite player S Watt. I have faced the facts and he is never going to be the superstar I thought he would be after we drafted him before Adam G and Simon B:thumbsdown:. It's time to move on and I have got a new fave.:thumbsu:

I saw Cruize:cool: for Nth Ballarat last year and I thought 'Jeez this bloke is not that good' but then I watched the All Stars game in Darwin and this bloke is a gun. He is like a classier version of Campbell with much better marking ability.

I have just watched the Nth Ballarat weekend highlights and I have seen enuff. 1 more run in the VFL and elevate him for Boomer. Make it happen Euge:D.

Too early to give up on Watt. Stick with him :thumbsu:

why wait? with Boomer out of action we are effectively a player down. bang him straight in, it's not like we have anything to lose.

I'm all for the upgrade for Cruize.

Not only is it excellent PR for the club, debuting a young indigenous player in troubled times, but his speed and marking ability can only be beneficial on field, especially with LT down on form and Flash and Wells coming off an injury.

Also puts LT on notice a bit more too, a younger version ready to take his spot.

I'm all for the upgrade for Cruize.

Not only is it excellent PR for the club, debuting a young indigenous player in troubled times, but his speed and marking ability can only be beneficial on field, especially with LT down on form and Flash and Wells coming off an injury.

Also puts LT on notice a bit more too, a younger version ready to take his spot.

dont worry about taking his spot, might give him a bit of obligation to show the way for his lesser experienced colleague. Garlett would serve us much better through the midfield than swanning about in a forward pocket. i was 1 of not too many who braved the weather to head to Arden St. and watch the North Ballarations pummel Shaggas' Franga Rats and Garlett, Harris and Swallow ran riot in the middle. As expected no doubt, but you can only beat who is in front of you at the time. those 3 gelled very well, imo, and there is no reason why they can not at AFL level. well, except for a delay in rookie elevation.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think he showed what he is capable of in the indigenous game, wouldn't be a surprise to anyone if he played some good footy.

Watching his VFL highlights he seems to have a very weird kicking action... basically pokes at the ball but seems to hit the spot.. Anyone confirm or deny this? is it just the kicks they showed like this or?

Looked to me that he has a precise kicking action, not surprised it looks weird considering what we've been seing lately from our boys;)

Might be required. Weather looks absolutely CRAPPY! in Perth. Will we go in too top heavy again?

I want to see more of Goldstein but I fear that he will be absolutely ineffective today.

just my 2cents.

No change, I'm okay with that. The weather here has been average, very windy, but the rain looks as though it should hold off for most the afternoon.

Expect a day of very average foot skills in the breeze.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back