Past #44: Cruize Garlett - delisted at end of 2012 season after rejecting 1yr contract extension from NM

Remove this Banner Ad

What a game.. 20 possessions, 8 tackles, very quick acceleration!

Like him ALOT. If he can work on his engine over pre-season, he will be a gem. Has a good body size, how good was it when he pushed those 2 blokes off great strength!! Get some game time into him next year and give him a year or two and he will flourish!

yes he had a couple of shocking moments that ill put down to inexperience

but he shows a hell of a lot of talent
very promising player

he and greenwood can form a club for players who were completely written off by bigfooty experts after 2 games of AFL

Showed a few touches of class today that I didn't expect. Had a chat with Wellsy at the Melbourne game and asked him about Cruize. Said he had taken a while to settle and realise what playing footy at this level means. Was very confident that he will be a very good player. I am excited after today.

He can't kick & his pace is ok at best. For a guy his height, these aren't great attributes to have. But yep, he had a great defensive game today. If he is fair-dinkum, he MUST work on his kicking, otherwise he will torment us for the next few years turning the ball over.

Roosters Cruize to Preliminary Final

11:51 AM Mon 07 September, 2009
070909_Garlett_IA.jpg
Cruize Garlett was one of the catalysts behind North Ballarat's Qualifying Final win over Port Melbourne.

Three goals to Corey Jones, and a best on ground performance from Cruize Garlett were the catalyst behind North Ballarat's Qualifying Final win over Port Melbourne.

With the game in the balance at three quarter time, the Roosters made the most of their home ground advantage and a big crowd at Eureka Stadium as they booted seven goals to nil in the final term to salute by 48 points.

It was a great feat for the North Melbourne affiliate, Port Melbourne breaking out to a three goal lead at one stage in the premiership quarter before the reigning premiers fought back strongly to claim a Preliminary Final berth in two weeks time.

Jones was the leading goal kicker for North Ballarat along with Stephen Dinnell who chimed in with three of his own. Zach Sengstock and Christopher Cain booted two apiece for the Borough.

In the midfield, Garlett had his best game of the season racking up possessions at will, while Stephen Clifton played a big part in the Roosters' revival winning plenty of the ball when the game was in the balance.

Despite looking unlikely to play at the start of the week with injury, Daniel Feery was also in the best, while Marcus White was strong in a defensive role.

North Ballarat will now enjoy a week long break before a showdown against either Williamstown or Collingwood for a place in the Grand Final.

Collingwood had a big win over Casey on Saturday, Brad Dick and Danny Stanley the stars for the Magpies. It was a different story for the Seagulls who fell at their first hurdle against the Northern Bullants at Burbank Oval. Tim Callan and Wayde Skipper were in the best, while David Ellard and Steven Browne led the way for the Bullants.

In the other game, Box Hill had a convincing win over Geelong by 34 points at TEAC Oval. Four goals from James Podsiadly was not enough to help the Cats over the line, as Adem Yze and Tim Walsh guided the Hawks to the second week of the finals.

North Ballarat
2.3 4.3 8.6 15.8-98
Port Melbourne 1.3 2.7 6.11 6.14-50

North Ballarat
Goal Kickers: C. Jones 3, S. Dinnell 3, S. Clifton 2, E. Lower, D. Chester, M. Sewell, A. Edwards, B. Goodes, T. Roach, M. Wundke
Best Players: C. Garlett, D. Feery, M. Searl, J. Spolding, S. Clifton, P. McMahon

Port Melbourne

Goal Kickers: Z. Sengstock 2, C. Cain 2, A. Bonaddio, B. Neville
Best Players: C. Cain, S. Pleming, B. Nixon, N. Batsanis, M. Dillon, P. Hassett

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I am hearing alot about Marcus White.Is he a HBF and will he take the next step and play in the AFL next year?

I am hearing alot about Marcus White.Is he a HBF and will he take the next step and play in the AFL next year?

He's very young and yep, he's been playing around HBF. I have alot of faith in Marcus' ability to take further steps next year but the hope is that he'll be a regular tall onballer at VFL level, and hopefully play well enough for the selection comittee to consider giving him a run at AFL level. He's a goer and has good skills. If he can develop further he'll be an asset to our side with his added height on ball.

He's very young and yep, he's been playing around HBF. I have alot of faith in Marcus' ability to take further steps next year but the hope is that he'll be a regular tall onballer at VFL level, and hopefully play well enough for the selection comittee to consider giving him a run at AFL level. He's a goer and has good skills. If he can develop further he'll be an asset to our side with his added height on ball.

I think the hope is he can transition from a HBFer into someone who can play in the middle, probably up on the wing. I think the long queue of HBFers we recruited will be looked at by Scott, looking at who we can develop elsewhere as we have a lot of HBF types.

Garlett eyes senior spot

By Steve Lavell 2:17 PM Fri 18 September, 2009
180909_Garlett_IA.jpg
Cruize Garlett is looking to finish the season strongly in the VFL finals

NORTH Melbourne’s Cruize Garlett is hoping a strong finish to the VFL season will rubber-stamp his elevation to the club’s senior list for 2010.

The 20-year-old will run out for North Ballarat against Collingwood at TEAC Oval on Saturday with the side looking to secure a grand final berth for the second successive year.

Garlett was a member of the Roosters’ 2008 premiership triumph and said that experience had encouraged the development that saw him play five AFL matches this year.....

http://www.kangaroos.com.au/season2008/news/newsarticle/tabid/4912/newsid/84951/default.aspx

Definately will get senior spot. Got 23 possesions against port in rd 22 and has been good for north ballarat in the finals. Deserves it and will get alot more opportunites next year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back