Player Watch #47 - Oliver Hayes-Brown (Category B Rookie)

Remove this Banner Ad

Wonder how much footy he played as a kid? Did he do Auskick and gave away footy to focus on Basketball.

Went to Peninsula Grammar but didn't play footy at all from U16.

Anyway, he is going to hate preseason, dragging 114kg around the Tan. Good luck Ollie!

Wonder how much footy he played as a kid? Did he do Auskick and gave away footy to focus on Basketball.

Went to Peninsula Grammar but didn't play footy at all from U16.

Anyway, he is going to hate preseason, dragging 114kg around the Tan. Good luck Ollie!

He’s gonna have to shave at least 10kg off that frame this pre season.

Really dont get the melts on here about Cat B Rookies

Its a friggen free hit
Im happy to have both Colina and this bloke as cat B Rookies

NOTHING TO LOSE ITS A FREE HIT !!!
Yes it does as we have limted cat b spots.

Since we already have a project dinosaur bball plyer, why use the other on a better Irish prospect

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Since we already have a project dinosaur bball plyer, why use the other on a better Irish prospect
Don't you think we have enough half back flankers?

He seems like a Colina that can jump.

In all seriousness, there must be some theory behind this signing.

I suspect it is some combination of the following thoughts:

- Go obscure mature. It is risky drafting an 18yo Tim English beanpole as you are waiting 6 expensive years for the guy to start to win his position, meanwhile he has to be played if he shows promise otherwise you lose him. Thus the recent focus on obscure mature rucks, Ryan was 20yo, Colina 22yo, this bloke OHB at 23yo.

- all 3 of the above are very tall, so the club seems to be recognising it would be beneficial to have a very tall ruckman if you can find one who is good enough

- Hartley may know we are losing at least one of our rucks

- Colina's Burt Bacharach might prevent him carrying on, or is a risk so you are spending time and effort developing him. If OHB piggy-backs the Colina program then there is less risk the development time is wasted.

- They want a guy to train with Colina, learn and develop together as this may assist their development, at the same time basically doubling our chances of getting a giant ruckman up to speed.

- The club just thinks OHB is a talent they can't resist trying to develop.

Maybe you might like to check how many times we have actually used all our Cat B spots available ?

We are allowed 3 and have only used 1 at a time from my memory

I hope he has more success than the other hyphenated players that we have recruited.

Jarrod Oakleigh-Nichols
Derrick Eggmolesse-Smith
Riley Collier-Dawson
Callum Coleman-Jones

Maybe you might like to check how many times we have actually used all our Cat B spots available ?

We are allowed 3 and have only used 1 at a time from my memory
No, only 2 spots available which are both used. I suspect that Mate Colina may not be given another year given his back issues.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back