AFL Player #49: Jaiden Hunter - Back on the track! - 1/5

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hasn’t played regular footy since ‘21 and won’t be on the park until late ‘25. He’s unlucky but this is yet another list management blunder by Essington.

Having a player cop a season ending injury is not a "list management blunder".

Having a player cop a season ending injury is not a "list management blunder".
Signing an injury prone guy with a broken back in 2023 who hasn’t played footy since 2021 is. When he does yet another ACL it’s also a red flag.
Proof is in the pudding. s**t signing.

Signing an injury prone guy with a broken back in 2023 who hasn’t played footy since 2021 is. When he does yet another ACL it’s also a red flag.
Um.......

A broken back that the AFL medicos didn't find. And he'd played the entirety of the lead up in the WAFL and was dominant.

Incredibly stupid post. There is such a thing as bad luck. Not everything is a blunder. Sometimes things simply don't work out.

Tom Brady's had the same knee reconstructed twice. He must also be a s**t signing.

Nick Malceski did both knees, one twice, had a 10 year career and won a premiership. Also a s**t signing.

Um.......
Regular. Has had a season ending injury every season since 2021. Won’t be on the park until 2025 if ever. Slice it however you like. He brings no value to the list. You chaps can bookmark it and come back when he departs to concede that I’m shown to be right. I’ll be here gracious in being correct and open to discussing opposing views without getting too foamy.

Last edited:
Tom Brady's had the same knee reconstructed twice. He must also be a s**t signing.

Nick Malceski did both knees, one twice, had a 10 year career and won a premiership. Also a s**t signing.
We won’t be winning flags (or finals 7000+) as long as we hold on to has beens, never weres and busted players. This kid ain’t no Tom Brady. The sooner we acknowledge and move on the better. We’ve got enough dead wood already. The echo in these here chambers has been resounding for 20 years and yet while EFC has failed at every turn in that period you chaps can’t acknowledge fault at the club or in the players. It’s a curious level of sycophant that exists in these ranks.

Regular. Has had a season ending injury every season since 2021. Won’t be on the park until 2025 if ever. Slice it however you like. He brings no value to the list. You chaps can bookmark it and come back when he departs to concede that I’m shown to be right. I’ll be here gracious in being correct and open to discussing opposing views without getting too foamy.
Oh. So you wrote your post wrong?

I'm not slicing anything. You said he hadn't played football since 2021 which is wrong.

I also think he's gone so I don't have an opposing view.

You would hope that at 21 the club keeps him
on the list.
Disagree Dave. He was a MSD which means, for me anyway, he didn't show enough to be drafted with the rest of his peers. And 2 decent games at VFL isn't enough to keep him for me, unless the ass falls out this year and we discover half our list is spuds and we go cutting.

Which I'm also not ruling out.

Personally what I'd do is find him work in whatever his chosen profession is, keep him round but on the VFL list. If he shows enough pick him up again as a delisted free agent. (Is that possible eth-dog)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back