Player Watch #5: Christian Petracca – Norm Smith Medallist, 4 x All-Australian and 2 x Best and Fairest

Remove this Banner Ad

Just knew when he went at a brissy player early on , he was on .
He's funny like that. The more he puffs out the chest and gets lippy, the better. Such a confidence player

He's funny like that. The more he puffs out the chest and gets lippy, the better. Such a confidence player
He gave the Brisbane cheer squad a couple of thumbs ups, “See ya” and the loser hand signal at the end of the game.

What he dished out to Starcevich is par for the course for a player who gives up goals while not playing the ball and scragging.

Some absolute reactionary, short sighted stupidity in this thread

Last 4 years will earn him 4 x AA, 2 x BFs & a Norm Smith

And most importantly steps up in the biggest games (when he doesn't have a broken Leg)

Sent from my SM-S908E using Tapatalk
Nah he's season to date is nothing compared to what he's done the last 2 weeks. Best game he's played in a while

What was the context of this?
Was a very sarcastic post-game salute to someone from Brisbane, not sure who
I heard it was directed at the Brisbane cheer squad.

Could’ve been any number of Brisbane flog players as well I guess. There are plenty to choose from.

Starcevich was the one getting most of the attention from Trac and Pickett during the game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Best player in the league when he kicks straight. Brilliant work in tight last night as well.
I woke up this morning and had the same reaction. I genuinely thought he’d reached his peak in the last couple of years and that this was as good as he was going to get, ie in the A/A- tier (as opposed to the top elite tier, or the A+) which I’d almost put Oliver in based on his skill set) of midfielders this century, because he’s inconsistent and mostly brings out those elite tier performances (ie where he kicks goals and monsters smaller mids) against lower ranked sides. Realised this morning that he possibly even still has scope for improvement left because last night he was doing things he hasn’t before, and there are possibly even more. He’s not in the elite tier yet, but god if last night can become a standard he can surpass Oliver and start to get into the conversation around the Judd, Dusty, GAJ types. And hopefully he pushes Oliver to keep improving too

Best player in the league when he kicks straight. Brilliant work in tight last night as well.
If he can do what he did last night every week it's not even a question. Peak Dustin Martin stuff.

Trac and Bont were the league’s two best in 2021 after finals. Trac’s last two weeks have been similar standard to 2021 finals, maybe not quite the GF standard. Bont has probably done it for longer but Trac’s got a similar ceiling.

Trac and Bont were the league’s two best in 2021 after finals. Trac’s last two weeks have been similar standard to 2021 finals, maybe not quite the GF standard. Bont has probably done it for longer but Trac’s got a similar ceiling.
This kind of form is better than the GF for mine

Yep. It’s not expecting him to kick 4 every week, but the guy generates SO many shots on goal that if his accuracy goes up to 60% he is unstoppable.
I've been on the Trac train since we got him and never jumped off. The guy is a beast. Never seen anything like him at the Dees. That leap he made to the midfield in 2020 showed that he was capable of being in the top few players in the comp. When Oliver comes back, this bloke should only be playing bursts in the midfield. He's much more dangerous in our F50. Improve his efficiency in and around goals and he becomes the most dangerous player in the comp week in and week out.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back