Player Watch #5: Christian Petracca – Norm Smith Medallist, 4 x All-Australian and 2 x Best and Fairest

Remove this Banner Ad

Oh FFS. Toumpas was meant to be the better Gysberts who was meant to be the better McLean. Just keep the old number!
supposedly he's superstitious about doing his knee in the number 26

Nah not in 2006, watch him get away from the centre stoppages he had decent leg speed
Lost his acceleration after injuries

People forget how good McLean looked in 05/06. Was never going to be on the absolute elite level but would have been a very good inside mid. His ankle injury turned his pace from average to Ben Holland and the rest is history.

Just quietly I'm very excited to see Petracca, I'll be honest I haven't watched him play a full game but read quite a few people say he looked better than Gus in preseason and was a level above him in u/18s, and considering how good Brayshaws first year was I can't wait for Petracca.

Would be very nice if he could have a season as good as Brayshaw (or, fingers crossed, as good as Hogan). It would be very un-Melbourne like for Petracca and our first two draft picks to have seasons that good, but surely at least one will. SURELY.

I was given a jersey worn by McLean in 2006. The number would now have its forth owner if this Petracca rumour is true. Hoping this one will turn out much better than the others I had high hopes for.

Hey fellas, i haven't heard much about petracca's fitness recently, does anyone know if he's going to be right to start preseason from the first day?

Hey fellas, i haven't heard much about petracca's fitness recently, does anyone know if he's going to be right to start preseason from the first day?
Was photographed in the gym with Viney, Dunn and Dawes and he's been tweeting about how keen he is, so I would expect he will be ready to start today.

Yay pre-season! That's where I'm a viking.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah, I saw him at training a few times and thought "gee, this bloke is going to be good."
Might not be wrong. just won't be at Melbourne

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back