Player Watch #5 Isaac Heeney

Remove this Banner Ad

capi_20204fe48fe689ed7f64257f118480f7_5448b88f13b55c5d56f99426e47adf40.jpeg

Isaac Heeney

Isaac Heeney is a crowd favourite and one of the best young players in the competition. The QBE Sydney Swans Academy graduate won the 2018 AFL Mark of the Year award, was selected in the AFL Players’ Association’s 22Under22 team in two of his eligible four years and played his 100th senior game in 2019. Heeney can be used in the midfield, forward line – where he booted four goals in star teammate Lance Franklin’s absence in Round 20 last year – or as a loose man in defence.

Isaac Heeney
DOB: 05 May 1996
DEBUT: 2015
DRAFT: #18, 2014 National Draft
RECRUITED FROM: Cardiff (NSW)

Every week Heeney does just one or two of those special little things that you feel like no one else in our side is capable of. Can't wait for him to start having an impact over four quarters.

Every week Heeney does just one or two of those special little things that you feel like no one else in our side is capable of. Can't wait for him to start having an impact over four quarters.
Fyfe like :D

I posted this in the AV thread but it deserves to e here as well

Of course the sad end to the story .... after Goodes marked the ball on a fast lead he spun around and placed the ball perfectly for Reid to mark on a slight angle 30-35 out. Reid went back and iced the cake in his usual way (with doggie-do).

Heeney is featured in Emma Quayle's new book "The Draftees". Looks like Emma is #haawneyforheeney too

This kid looks better every game he plays

His marking is exceptional, especially overhead , marks like a much taller player and what impresses me is how many average kicks he made look good with wonderful marking efforts

His kicking and manic pressure its all looking elite

This kid looks better every game he plays

His marking is exceptional, especially overhead , marks like a much taller player and what impresses me is how many average kicks he made look good with wonderful marking efforts

His kicking and manic pressure its all looking elite

I think he can be a bit iffy in front of goals sometimes but he seems to be reasonably reliable in front of goal when they are reasonably easy shots. He isn't one who is good with the medium to hard shots in front of goal but he nails the easy ones every time.

I think he can be a bit iffy in front of goals sometimes but he seems to be reasonably reliable in front of goal when they are reasonably easy shots. He isn't one who is good with the medium to hard shots in front of goal but he nails the easy ones every time.

Serious? he was slotting them from 50 with ease before he did his PCL, thought his kicking was great today.

When he kicks through the ball he is fine, when he tries to guide it through he seems to miss.

Have to watch closer, ive been impressed with his goal kicking especially pre injury

Did kick a floater today though

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Serious? he was slotting them from 50 with ease before he did his PCL, thought his kicking was great today.

I remember the Collingwood game he missed some medium shots he probably should have kicked.

Overall though you are right that Heeney is quite reliable in front of goals. I think he has a record of something like 13.8 in front of goals which isn't too bad considering he has only played 11 games and in reality he is a midfielder, not a forward.

Couldn't possibly be any more impressed with Heeney. I'm trying hard not to get carried away, but * he's going to be a great player. Just so smart with everything he does, the way he positions himself for marks, the way he positions his body and his hands in a contest to get the ball out. There was a play in the 3rd quarter I think where he fed a ridiculous handball out to Jack that simply shouldn't have been possible. Regardless of what happens with the team this year it's a pleasure watching him play every week and looking forward to seeing what he becomes with another 50 games under his belt.

Like the way that playing as a small forward that he keeps bobbing up deep in the back lines. At 19 has already got a good tank to go with all his other attributes, hard not to get carried away with his potential, a great watch.

And "they" say Mills is just as good if nor better! Man Eddie with be fuming ......... and spluttering ......... and predicting the end of the AFL ........ but most noticeably he will be crimson red when these two arte starring for us! Just love those shots of fat face when the Pies are getting spanked, it's great viewing. Heeney and Mills to pile on the agony for Eddie for at least a decade :)

Like the way that playing as a small forward that he keeps bobbing up deep in the back lines. At 19 has already got a good tank to go with all his other attributes, hard not to get carried away with his potential, a great watch.

And "they" say Mills is just as good if nor better! Man Eddie with be fuming ......... and spluttering ......... and predicting the end of the AFL ........ but most noticeably he will be crimson red when these two arte starring for us! Just love those shots of fat face when the Pies are getting spanked, it's great viewing. Heeney and Mills to pile on the agony for Eddie for at least a decade :)

It is why we desperately need Mills because it means for the next 8 years our midfield will have Heeney, Mills and Parker. You can easily build a quality midfield around those 3.

It is why we desperately need Mills because it means for the next 8 years our midfield will have Heeney, Mills and Parker. You can easily build a quality midfield around those 3.
And Mitchell?

Exactly. Mitchell, Parker, Heeney and Mills sound like a very damaging long term midfield group.

Still need 1-2 with good foot skills in there though ideally, maybe Hewett could be in the mix. Heeney is one, need another couple ideally.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back