Votes: 1 6.7%
  • James Rowbottom

Votes: 6 40.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

What happened?
Nothing at all.

He looked like he couldn't wait to get off the stage and even mentioned the fact he didn't get enough uncontested possessions and that was about it.

You'll have to forgive Horace. He was always going to take this result hard.

Always enjoy Horse when he allows the droll humour to shine through. The story of Brownlow night with his youngest kid as Errol threatened a win was bloody funny.
Also love his story about him seeing Errol for the first time as a young soccer player. I swear every time he tells the story, Errol keeps getting younger, tonight he said he first saw him as a 6 yr old… soon he’ll be talking about watching Errol’s little left peg on the ultrasound vision when Mrs Gulden was pregnant?! 🤷‍♂️🤣

Last edited:
Nothing at all.

He looked like he couldn't wait to get off the stage and even mentioned the fact he didn't get enough uncontested possessions and that was about it.

was asking for uncontested possies and implying others get them. Undermining others in the process .

Read his comments as off beam.

Maybe the tosser can win some possessions and use them effectievely

Nothing at all.

he asked for more uncontested possessions. Bloke came across as a tone deaf nob.

Good event, I thought they did well to make the little nods to the worst kept secret that Gulden was obviously going to win. It would've been foolish to try otherwise.

Blakey perhaps the most surprising to me, not because he didn't have a great year, but because you look at him and you think he SHOULDN'T have a great year. He's a freaky, mercurial, game-breaking, prodigious talent. Those types should excite and wow but shouldn't be consistent and competitive enough to poll well in these kinds of awards. Seriously impressive.

Rowbottom is the very definition of a quiet achiever. He's only been in the system five years and already has two podium finishes to his name, which is remarkable when you think about it. Scariest part is that we're still yet to see him put together a whole season.

And I don't really know what else there is to say about Gulden's year that hasn't already been said. The superlatives have run out at this point.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Disappointed with the music choice while they take their break. Very tame. A few years back I remember there being some song that was basically sounds of the female orgasm while the lyrics in English and French referred to various adult topics including self love.
You were just very inhebriated at that point mate & misheard Sweet Caroline...

The Liz was the only bloke over 190cm to feature in the top 10. I had McLean in there.

Delighted the much shat upon Ollie was rewarded for a damned decent season.

If tonight does anything it reaffirms two things:

1. The transition has happened & I'm bloody excited to see where Liz, Gus, Campbell, Ollie, Errol, Rowy, Chad, McLean, The Maccas (McDon & McIn) etc etc etc can take us... So much to look forward to next season!!

2. My long held view that we are the best run club in the AFL... Cunningham is a great example of that. Rewarded for playing team first footy. The external view of his "form" or "ability" seems to mean little to him or the club as opposed to how he fills a role we need. In our successful years, this award & attitude has always been (IMO) the most important... Team first footy. It's where the LRT's, Kirky's, JPK's, Jude's & Hanners' of the world really stepped up. They committed to the team first, they all could have played more selfishly but didn't seem to. That commitment is what club success is built on.

was asking for uncontested possies and implying others get them. Undermining others in the process .

Read his comments as off beam.

Maybe the tosser can win some possessions and use them effectievely
Looks like Wayward is off the hook…..

Back