Toast 2023 Swans Board Phantom Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

With apologies for the delay, I am going to make a Hastie pick and bring Angus Hastie in to the club. While we have beefed up our tall defenders in recent times, we still have room for a developing medium who can intercept and run off half-back. We would have liked to grab Simpson if he were still on the board but overall very happy with our draft hall. And now we're done. Passing from here on in.

I'm not sure who's next.

Fantastic pick he's one that is too good not to be drafted somewhere but no idea where he fits, only thing I'll say about Angus is he needs to excel at some area rather than just being okay. Still think he's drafted though, he's too solid not to.

With apologies for the delay, I am going to make a Hastie pick and bring Angus Hastie in to the club. While we have beefed up our tall defenders in recent times, we still have room for a developing medium who can intercept and run off half-back. We would have liked to grab Simpson if he were still on the board but overall very happy with our draft hall. And now we're done. Passing from here on in.

I'm not sure who's next.
Already been selected (by Swans)

Last pick for round 3 is Essendon Callipygian
Thanks Bloods86
For Round 4
(Hawthorn out until round 5, Gold Coast out, Brisbane Lions passed, Western Bulldogs passed, GWS passed
Round 4
57FremantleDubai Quacker
58Richmondrustycrate
59Richmondrustycrate
60CarltonThe King
61Port AdelaideBloods86
62GeelongGrand Uncle Horace
63CarltonThe King!
64Collingwoodsr20

SP I have just received a Telegram from Andrew Mackie. It reads.

”GUH …. Stop …. You must NOT make more selections”

SP I have just received a Telegram from Andrew Mackie. It reads.

”GUH …. Stop …. You must NOT make more selections”
Can I take that you are listening to Andrew and passing on further selections?

I'm not sure who's next.

He is happy in his Sydney Swans Polo

Can I take that you are listening to Andrew and passing on further selections?

Yes. I am to pass or to receive assistance in passing away. Mackie Is apparently furious I ate two of his pigeons.

I'm not sure who's next.
Not sure it’s the news you want to hear Callipygian but Angus Hastie was selected at pick 51 by The King! amid much controversy.

Care to select another?

I'm not sure who's next.
I've got a couple of players that fit the Hastie type (intercept/rebound half backs, similar height) if you want suggestions. I'll message them in any case.

Last edited:
How does it work for GC now? I know there is a list spot available. One of my zero value picks would slide up?
If you haven't already passed for all remaining picks, then GC would have a Round 5 pick according to Ladder position (with any other clubs that would have one). That's the first round where a GC pick has zero points (so isn't impacted by matching).

At this point if you wanted another pick, it'd be after Hawks as the 2nd pick in Round 5 (assuming they want to use their pick). North is done, not sure about Eagles. If Eagles and Hawks want their pick you'd be 3rd in Rd 5.

At least I think so.

Edit: 8 picks (max) til Round 5, so maybe 10 or 11 picks until GC's next. Of course, some more might Pass.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hawks have only taken 2 players - by law of this mock we have to make at least 1 more pick.
I think they were just trying to get to a decent number of picks and we're probably there already.

You've got 2 picks if you want them, since you came in with 4. They'd just be Round 5 and 6 where there's no points assigned to picks.

I think they were just trying to get to a decent number of picks and we're probably there already.

You've got 2 picks if you want them, since you came in with 4. They'd just be Round 5 and 6 where there's no points assigned to picks.
Yeah I'm fine with that. Going to go with the F/S ruckman announced this morning and one other provided he's there.

Surprised Calsher Dear wasn't bid on yet
There's a bunch of NGA, Academy, F/S players that haven't been bid on, but it's up to the people repping the clubs to figure that out and bid if they want them.

Depending on who gets taken by then, I might have to steal one with the last pick of the draft (and no recourse).

If you haven't already passed for all remaining picks, then GC would have a Round 5 pick according to Ladder position (with any other clubs that would have one). That's the first round where a GC pick has zero points (so isn't impacted by matching).

At this point if you wanted another pick, it'd be after Hawks as the 2nd pick in Round 5 (assuming they want to use their pick). North is done, not sure about Eagles. If Eagles and Hawks want their pick you'd be 3rd in Rd 5.

At least I think so.

Edit: 8 picks (max) til Round 5, so maybe 10 or 11 picks until GC's next. Of course, some more might Pass.

Haven't passed yet... 2 more players I'm thinking of. One a legit option the other more of a rookie type but probably wouldn't last long enough for GC to swoop. Just keeping options open... if LP1/Eagles are still picking I think one of my options will most likely disappear

I just wasn't sure if Round 5 and 6 picks had moved up the board far enough to become valuable and therefore used in prior bid matches...? I honestly don't know the rules on that

Last edited:
There's a bunch of NGA, Academy, F/S players that haven't been bid on, but it's up to the people repping the clubs to figure that out and bid if they want them.

Depending on who gets taken by then, I might have to steal one with the last pick of the draft (and no recourse).

Yep, risky for teams to pass when linked players are still on the board

Haven't passed yet... 2 more players I'm thinking of. One a legit option the other more of a rookie type but probably wouldn't last long enough for GC to swoop. Just keeping options open... if LP1/Eagles are still picking I think one of my options will most likely disappear

I just wasn't sure if Round 5 and 6 picks had moved up the board far enough to become valuable and therefore used in prior bid matches...? I honestly don't know the rules on that
Matching and adjustments are at a point in time, they don't keep updating later. There are restrictions about trading back in after a match, because of us though.

Yep, risky for teams to pass when linked players are still on the board
Clubs pass on individual picks, I think they can match if they have a bid come in.

However, I think they need to have a later pick than the bid to do so. Possibly not if they have a spot and the price is zero points anyway.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back