Toast 2023 Swans Board Phantom Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Haven't passed yet... 2 more players I'm thinking of. One a legit option the other more of a rookie type but probably wouldn't last long enough for GC to swoop. Just keeping options open... if LP1/Eagles are still picking I think one of my options will most likely disappear

I just wasn't sure if Round 5 and 6 picks had moved up the board far enough to become valuable and therefore used in prior bid matches...? I honestly don't know the rules on that
Oops, I had you down as PASSED as I had you in debt with points?

Last edited:

I have been out all day. Just got back to find out the schemozzle I left behind. I can't believe how hopeless I've been.

Give me a few minutes and I'll find an alternative selection. And then I'M DONE!

I have been out all day. Just got back to find out the schemozzle I left behind. I can't believe how hopeless I've been.

Give me a few minutes and I'll find an alternative selection. And then I'M DONE!
Hey. You have occupied our time in the long wait until the draft. You have done us a favor.

Just reviewing, I'm actually not surprised I went wrong - the list on page 1 still has not been updated past the 2nd round and that was what I referred to when I checked that Hastie had not been selelcted (I thought). Anyway....

OK, instead of our previous selection, we are going to take Kade de la Rue. With a name like that, we can't wrong. Have heard only good things about this youngster. He's a one touch player and what he lacks in speed he makes up for in his skills and good decision making. Only a slight smoky - I think he's a great prospect.

And with that, Essendon is done for the 2023 National Draft. We are absolutely rapt with the variety of players we have picked up which also address some important needs and depth we wanted on our list.

Richmond select Harvey Johnston. Mid/FWD.

And that rounds out our drafting for 2023.

We have selected an outstanding defender mid Archie Roberts who is very creative and dynamic
The best ruck in our opinion. Will Green, who will be around for our next premiership
A small forward in Delean who can impact the scoreboard
A mid/FWD in Johnston who is consistent and productive
All parts of the ground have been covered and Richmond is happy with the draft results.

Just reviewing, I'm actually not surprised I went wrong - the list on page 1 still has not been updated past the 2nd round and that was what I referred to when I checked that Hastie had not been selelcted (I thought). Anyway....

OK, instead of our previous selection, we are going to take Kade de la Rue. With a name like that, we can't wrong. Have heard only good things about this youngster. He's a one touch player and what he lacks in speed he makes up for in his skills and good decision making. Only a slight smoky - I think he's a great prospect.

And with that, Essendon is done for the 2023 National Draft. We are absolutely rapt with the variety of players we have picked up which also address some important needs and depth we wanted on our list.
You’ve definitely won the draft.

For the 17th straight year.

We have selected an outstanding defender mid Archie Roberts who is very creative and dynamic
The best ruck in our opinion. Will Green, who will be around for our next premiership
All parts of the ground have been covered and Richmond is happy with the draft results.

ha ha mother f********** I was about to pick him for the blues

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You're joining DQ in Port's bad books for a bit. Johnston is a good pick, a good kick, solid inside work and evasive skills on the outside, 2-way running, had me about to pull the trigger. Delean was a chance for my last pick too.

Last edited:
Kane McAuliffe | Midfielder | 187cm | 86kg | North Adelaide

From Port Augusta to Port Adelaide, the Power have selected the big-bodied ball winner who has terrorised other midfields this year at SANFL U18 level, and progressed through to 7 games in the SANFL Reserves. Averaging 8.5 tackles across the National Championships for SA, he showed he wasn't just an enforcer, placing in the Top 5 at the National Combine for the 20m sprint and standing jump, as well as equal 3rd in the running vertical jump.

While his comparative size becomes less of a factor as he progresses to playing at higher levels, McAuliffe has a strong running capacity, a long kick and has had some time distributing from defence, which along with his explosive capabilities, will assist in developing a greater impact away from stoppages.

Carlton is back up with The King!

Last edited:
Getting ready for round 5
Following clubs have passed:
Brisbane Lions, Essendon, Gold Coast (in debt), Geelong, GWS, North Melbourne, Western Bulldogs
Round 5
65West CoastLukeParkerno1
66FremantleDubai Quacker
67HawthornSydneyPhilly
68Richmondrustycrate
69AdelaideBloods86
70SydneyThe King!
71St KildaThe King!
72Melbourne(have you passed?)Kiama Chris
73Port AdelaideBloods86
74Collingwoodsr20
Freo have passed (post 383)

GC in debt wouldn't impact Round 5 would it, as picks have zero points to get downgraded?

Does Melbourne have any more picks (doesn't show on the first post)? Same for Pies (after their Rd4 pick).

DQ is St Kilda.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back