Preview GWS vs Sydney Swans Saturday 5th August @Giants Stadium 7:30pm - How to backpack your way to Inner Western Sydney

Will Toby Greene destroy us again?

• Yes

Votes: 34 75.6%
  • No

Votes: 11 24.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Drink every time Buddy is mentioned and you’ll be paralytic by half-time.
A shot for each time dwayne tells you HH resigned w the Giants this week....have 2 bottles handy.

No doubt my bias is showing but Clarke didn't exhibit much pressure or influence on Saturday. I would be aghast if he made the 22.
Be aghast. Be very aghast

200w.gif

Surely Clarke has to have an impact against GWS or will be replaced by Stephens/Warner next week.

He's been down on form but feels like coaches are rolling the dice hoping his defensive game will be the difference (compared to stephens/Warner) but if his opponent gets off the chain he'll be under pressure to retain his spot.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Surely Clarke has to have an impact against GWS or will be replaced by Stephens/Warner next week.

He's been down on form but feels like coaches are rolling the dice hoping his defensive game will be the difference (compared to stephens/Warner) but if his opponent gets off the chain he'll be under pressure to retain his spot.

Would put money on Roberts being an in next week if he has another good game.
Just seemed short of a run apparently and faded in the second half last week.

Roberts was on limited minutes and probably played just two thirds of the game. The only full quarter he played was the first where he had 16 possessions and distributed the ball with great skill.

Interested to see how the forward line goes structurally now we know that Buddy will never play there again.
I know he’s missed plenty of games recently, but now Logan is 100% our main man, I wonder if we’ll see a shift in how we play.

Seems like they've decided to make him the true CHF the last few weeks anyway. He's been pushing right up the ground to use his fitness and excellent skills up the ground as a means to help our ball movement. He's not a big pack marker in any case so probably best to leave the long kicks to packs to Amartey/McLean but Logan's leading inside 50 is also real crisp. I'd suspect he'll get more opportunities in that area now with Bud confirmed as gone.

That's how it looked. He was in very good shape for 3 quarters. Mind you, Warner and Stephens were OK too and Cleary looked up to VFL standard against that mob.

Won't be cold.

Sydney is now in October.
Weatherwise.
I'm off to the beach in 10mins. Live about a min away.

Then back for an arvo beer.

oh that is something.

Melbourne had a stunning day on Wednesday… nice as we had a memorial for a rello.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back