Past #50: Ben Brown - Traded to Melbourne with 2020 #28 + 2021 R4 for 2020 #26 #33 + 2021 R4(Bris) - 130 gms / 287 gls - thanks Ben

Remove this Banner Ad

When he played in the foxtel cup over in WA on that day when the ground was nearly flooded and the guy was close to BOG for a ruckman in those conditions i knew he will be a player and was wrapped when we got him. I recall even telling a few guys on here at the time that we have a good one on our hands. :)

But how good did Ayden Kennedy look in this game? :)

Sideshow Ben is an important piece of the puzzle.

I have no doubt this is the man we build our forward line around. Give him a few more years in the gym and some more games under the belt and he will just monster teams. Never to be dropped again even if he puts in a few stinkers. He is a natural competitor, strong hands, great set shot, doesn't go to ground easily and has football nous. Love him.

Have never understood the obsession with height with regard to KPF's.

To me, if you can play the position, you're tall enough.

Royce Hart was 6 foot 2 - not tall enough for a mid fielder these days

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Absolutely love this bloke. Has already shown himself to be a very good player in only a dozen games

Can't wait to see what he can become

He's a natural forward. Gets out on the lead very quickly and his opponents never seem to by able to go with him. Marks and marks well out in front to protect the ball even further. Then goes back and slots it nearly every time. Add to that his ground work and forward pressure, aand you have an impressive combination. And just quietly, how many times does he get in space on his own???? Seems to happen several times a game.

Still get goosebumps from the Essendon game. Backing him to kick 5 against Geelong. Will be the difference in losing or winning next week.

He's a natural forward. Gets out on the lead very quickly and his opponents never seem to by able to go with him. Marks and marks well out in front to protect the ball even further. Then goes back and slots it nearly every time. Add to that his ground work and forward pressure, aand you have an impressive combination. And just quietly, how many times does he get in space on his own???? Seems to happen several times a game.
Some defenders don't realise his athletic ability... he can sprint off his marker in a matter of seconds and mark it uncontested with ease. Defenders don't give him enough respect I suppose.

Petrie succession plan?

I know some aren't happy with this pick but I reckon he has some x factor about him.
Watching a few Foxtel cup games last year he stood out, has raw talent but I'm rapt he's a roo.

Welcome aboard young fella!
Oh I accidentally quoted myself... I really didn't mean that.. ;)

This kid's ceiling is boundless - could be a superstar!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back