Toast 50 Games of Grimes.

Remove this Banner Ad

Aug 23, 2010
Information Superhighway
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Exers, Gryffindor, Rich+Ess AFLW, Tassie
Apologies for intruding but thought I'd pop by and say something.

From being taken in the 2009-10 Pre-Season Draft to making his debut in Round 22 2010, it's been a long time coming for Dylan as he embarks on his 50th game.

We know his injury history and how many setbacks he's had with those injuries but he's a quality player and quality person.

Congratulations Dylan Grimes.
50 games for Richmond.

Loved the way Optimus has gone about it since his first game. Hope it's only the beginning of many more games to come for the big guy...Congrats & Go you Tiger !!!!

Good luck to Dylan, hopefully he's over those horrible injuries

Hey welcome to the Tiger boards Bishop , just read the bottom of your post re-Barry Hall. Nearly sprayed my coffee over the computer...Cheers & hope you have fun here !!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Should be able to hold down the third tall spot. He is definately too small and too short to play kp. I have two issues with him and because of them i think he is easily replaceable.

Imo we need to find two kpds. I know rance can play kp well, I would prefer to see Alex play as our third tall if possible.Alex best attributes are tailor made for the role of third tall. Intercept marks and spoils are a strength. run and carry another.
I realise we have to play Alex as a kpp atm. If i was looking to build a premiership then i would be looking to find two kpds of good quality.

I will use two sliding door moments from this yr and envision it is 2018.

FB: Vlastuin - Frawley - Rance.
HB: McIntosh - Durdin - Menadue.
Now that is a vision if i dont say myself. That imo is a potential PREMIERSHIP backline.

Like most, thought he had played more than 50. Because of time on list, and general ability.
Plays the spoiling defender role very good.
I remember when he did his hammy, (was it the 2nd time, 4th, or 8th) against Essendon, when he was willing himself to spoil a pass in the mid-field. Just willed himself to get to the ball.

Like most, thought he had played more than 50. Because of time on list, and general ability.
Plays the spoiling defender role very good.
I remember when he did his hammy, (was it the 2nd time, 4th, or 8th) against Essendon, when he was willing himself to spoil a pass in the mid-field. Just willed himself to get to the ball.
That spoiled ball ended up getting us a goal iirc (which I probably dont)

Nontheless I have always liked Frank Grimes/Grimey/Optimus and believe he is integral part to the team.

Good on him :D

sometimes he plays like he has played 250 games.
Other days he seems like he has played 2.
Good on him at making it to 50.
He can easily go on and play another 150 and be a 200 game player.

Well done Dylan grimes. Play like you did on Sunday against the pies & make it memorable. Hope you get through the next 50 more quickly so we can celebrate your 100th.

Pleased for young Optimus to have such a memorable win for his 50th. Hope he enjoyed it, How very sweet it was !!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back