VFL Past #75: Kurt Aylett

Remove this Banner Ad

Honestly that is a ******* joke.

Serious ******* joke.

All so we can keep the gimmick of Fletcher playing 400 alive. What have Hams and Kommer done in the last 12 months?
It may be surprising to you that it's Aylett that gets demoted, but this has nothing to do with Fletcher

This is especially displeasing. Our planning this offseason has been shithouse, I actually rate the guys we've brought in individually, but as a group in our situation this has gone incredibly awry. Just watch us not draft a ruckman now

This is especially displeasing. Our planning this offseason has been shithouse, I actually rate the guys we've brought in individually, but as a group in our situation this has gone incredibly awry. Just watch us not draft a ruckman now

#NLMFORRUCK

We knew fletch was playing on when we went in to trade week and brought in those players

Think Yoda_ is talking mid year, so say Fletcher gets to like round 18 and decides to pull the pin effective immediately we'd get to upgrade a rookie in his place (and not just because of the mid season rule, the blues got a rookie upgrade when they sacked Bootsma).

Re - signing Howlett (who will more than likely be depth) is a bigger blunder than the delisting of Aylett IMHO

Selling Howlett short, he's spotty, but when he was on he was sensational

Selling Howlett short, he's spotty, but when he was on he was sensational

All (intelligent) Essendon supporters know that if we are to be moving from a 7th - 10th ranked team to a top 4 - 5 side then guys like Howlett will need to be pushed out by the next gen guys let alone by guys we brought into the club *looks at Adam Cooney

The sky is falling :rolleyes:

Kommer played 19 games then got injured for a year, Fletcher is a club legend and yeah let's get rid of Howlett to keep a kid on the senior list who has played two games instead of just, you know... Putting the kid on the rookie list like we've done.

There's already been an article with Hird talking about his plans for Hams and how he rates him.

This isn't exactly a surprise.

I like the kid, he still has his chance to make the team.

All (intelligent) Essendon supporters know that if we are to be moving from a 7th - 10th ranked team to a top 4 - 5 side then guys like Howlett will need to be pushed out by the next gen guys let alone by guys we brought into the club *looks at Adam Cooney

That's not even my issue (nor should it be anyone's), My issue is the Fletcher/Gwilt/Pears conundrum which has created this. I rate Gwilt, Fletcher has obviously reached deity standard, and Pears is contracted. So either pay out Pears and then get Gwilt, or don't pick up Gwilt, don't keep both and necessitate this absolute horseshit move.

Hopefully they've given Aylett a strong indication that there is still a spot for him in 2016, Perhaps at the expense of Winderlich.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Kommer and Howlett way better than this kid...at the moment, and they've done far more. Don't think he's a particularly good kick from what i've seen. Hopefully he makes it but rookie list is right spot for him.

Kommer and Howlett way better than this kid...at the moment, and they've done far more. Don't think he's a particularly good kick from what i've seen. Hopefully he makes it but rookie list is right spot for him.
In absolutely no way is Kommer better.

That's not even my issue (nor should it be anyone's), My issue is the Fletcher/Gwilt/Pears conundrum which has created this. I rate Gwilt, Fletcher has obviously reached deity standard, and Pears is contracted. So either pay out Pears and then get Gwilt, or don't pick up Gwilt, don't keep both and necessitate this absolute horseshit move.

Hopefully they've given Aylett a strong indication that there is still a spot for him in 2016, Perhaps at the expense of Winderlich.
Many list analyses last year suggested we were light on depth for KPD, although it was a strength of our list. If you subscribe to that then it isn't the horseshit move you believe it is.

Bringing in Cooney then becomes the debate, and I'm excited about the Cooney decision.

Many list analyses last year suggested we were light on depth for KPD, although it was a strength of our list. If you subscribe to that then it isn't the horseshit move you believe it is.

Bringing in Cooney then becomes the debate, and I'm excited about the Cooney decision.

The horseshit move is stating the list is set (despite surely knowing it isn't) and then a day later delisting a contracted, required kid because we have to.

Out of Pears/Gwilt/Fletcher only one of them has the height to genuinely play as a key back, so it hasn't really solved that issue despite Gwilt being a handy player, if anything it's further exacerbated the issue we have with undersized key defenders

The horseshit move is stating the list is set (despite surely knowing it isn't) and then a day later delisting a contracted, required kid because we have to.

Out of Pears/Gwilt/Fletcher only one of them has the height to genuinely play as a key back, so it hasn't really solved that issue despite Gwilt being a handy player, if anything it's further exacerbated the issue we have with undersized key defenders
I think the statement that the list was set is due to the club feeling nothing has essentially changed, that Aylett is still an Essendon player albeit with a clearer view that he is an unlikely starter for the first half of the year.

I never rated Hawthorn's backline and thought they wouldn't win flags, they went on to win a couple. Maybe football has changed?

Not the end of the world. He'll be 23 at the start of next season and have played less then 3 games. The front runner to be our first promotion anyway, so I wouldn't be to upset by it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back