VFL Past #75: Kurt Aylett

Remove this Banner Ad

Anyone one know how you pronounce it? Eye-let? Ai-let? Ai-lot??

Im sure over the course of summer the collective brains of BF can also come up with a good nickname for the kid.
Hope hes a jet! :thumbsu:

Im sure over the course of summer the collective brains of BF can also come up with a good nickname for the kid.

The eye. Simple, to the point

Aylett....Ablett......Y is greater than B, therefore....

I've been saying 'A-let'.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He will be up and running.. although I think the club will be thinking long term prospect rather than immediate impact..

Perhaps why we took a risk on Chapman.. hopefully in 2 years we have Edward/Aylett coming through etc..

Even though this guy was really only a component of the deal we had to fufill to get Edwards I actually have a good feeling that he could end up the better of the two if allowed a proper injury free run at it.

Even though this guy was really only a component of the deal we had to fufill to get Edwards I actually have a good feeling that he could end up the better of the two if allowed a proper injury free run at it.
Yep, that's my gut feeling too.

I'll get the goss on him on Saturday. Playing with a former team-mate of his in cricket. Will let you lot know about him

Wow that testing sounds pretty freakin awesome. However, not to be too much of a wet blanket if he is so awesome and this Edwards fellow is the lightning bolt we need then how come pick 48 gets the both of them?

I believe (to the best of my understanding) we got the two players so cheap because:
GWS has to trim list back to the standard 40 spots down from 55 (allowed to the expansion clubs to start up).. so they are pruning any guys they don't feel are likely to be in their best 22.

GWS had back ended contracts to young guys to fill up a salary cap that was largely devoid of stars.. so needed to trade players to free up space to go after guys like Mumford and Lamb.

GWS identified that the 'all youth' policy wasn't working as planned, and that like Gold Coast, they need to supplement the young guns with a couple of bigger bodies and experienced players.

So GWS will trade 48 for Lamb.. so they didn't care what pick they got as the target was Lamb not drafting

So I'm not saying we got two superstars for 48.. but we got two highly rated young guys that were on the fringe of the club but that doesn't mean they are crap.. if that makes sense...

Wow that testing sounds pretty freakin awesome. However, not to be too much of a wet blanket if he is so awesome and this Edwards fellow is the lightning bolt we need then how come pick 48 gets the both of them?

Coming off an ACL, and Hampton has taken over Edwards' position at GWS. Plus GWS need to trim their list so they get rid of two players for a pick they won't use. Good list management.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back