Past #8: Daniel Wells - joins Collingwood as a FA - North get pick #32 as compensation

Remove this Banner Ad

won't get more than 10 votes in the brownlow. Bookmark it.
could not giv a flying heck about the brownlow.....23 of the other medals at years end is what matters!

won't get more than 10 votes in the brownlow. Bookmark it.
I think he'll get a few 3's for BOG performances, but he doesn't really poll that well otherwise from memory, so I wouldn't be expecting a lot of 1 or 2's even if he deserves them. Swallow is the one that polls ridiculously well for us. Already placed some hard earned on him.

That said, I think Wells looks, as Derwayne would say 'crazy good'. AA and Syd Barker await.

Wells' 96.887 carry over points from last year have been erased. Nice.

090113_Wells_Large.jpg

Paying $16 on sportsbet to poll the most brownlow votes for North Melbourne. Won't find a better value bet out their ladies and gents!

Paying $16 on sportsbet to poll the most brownlow votes for North Melbourne. Won't find a better value bet out their ladies and gents!
I'm seriously considering a punt on him after his two games thus far.

Just to put that in perspective for those who aren't too sure

Andrew Swallow $3
Brent Harvey $4.50
Nick Dal Santo $4.50
Ben Cunnington $6
Jack Ziebell $8
Sam Gibson $16
Daniel Wells $16

Wellsy is ridiculous value

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Captains call

1 Captain voted Wells to win the brownlow.

FREMANTLE star midfielder Nat Fyfe will win his maiden Brownlow Medal in 2015, the annual poll of the 18 AFL club captains has predicted.

The captains also picked Gold Coast to make its maiden finals appearance this season.

Four club captains said Fyfe, 23, would win the medal, closely followed by Gold Coast champion Gary Ablett, who received three votes.

Another win for Ablett this season would be his third.

Fyfe finished second behind West Coast's Matt Priddis in last year's Brownlow count, with 25 votes, but was ineligible after being suspended for high contact on Sun Michael Rischitelli in round two.

Port Adelaide's Travis Boak, Adelaide's Patrick Dangerfield and Geelong's Joel Selwood were each picked for the Brownlow by two captains.

New Brisbane Lion Dayne Beams, Power's Robbie Gray, Swan Josh Kennedy, Richmond's Dustin Martin, North's Daniel Wells and Priddis all were nominated once.

I did enjoy watching 'angry' Wellsy play against Richmond. Very different to the Wells I saw many years ago when he would do something flashy then walk around the ground for a bit.

Interesting.
Very.

There are question marks over Gazza this year IMO. Especially seeing as recently he was still getting regular injections in his shoulder to increase range of movement (frozen shoulder). Still wearing the 'don't tackle me' top at training and hasn't played in any practise/NAB games.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back