Past #8: Daniel Wells - joins Collingwood as a FA - North get pick #32 as compensation

Remove this Banner Ad

Very.

There are question marks over Gazza this year IMO. Especially seeing as recently he was still getting regular injections in his shoulder to increase range of movement (frozen shoulder). Still wearing the 'don't tackle me' top at training and hasn't played in any practise/NAB games.
I completely agree. I think it will be a number of weeks until he's back in the side, and even for someone as good as him he's not going to get back to his best straight away. He might not be playing anywhere near his best footy until halfway through the season, maybe later.

Best sidestep in the game.
To the naked eye it's a sidestep. NASA have used satellites to track his movements and he actually moves forward, backwards, left and then right in what seemingly looks like a deft sidestep to the right.

In fact against Essendon in the EF he performed the macarena while several * players fell over at his feet.

Hugely disappointing. If ever there was a time to stand up, it was during the onslaught. He's got plenty of credits, but still, even a half decent effort would have been nice.

As good as Wells is he just doesn't stand up when the going gets tough, which is the different between him and the very best mids in the comp

As good as Wells is he just doesn't stand up when the going gets tough, which is the different between him and the very best mids in the comp

/facepalm

Go watch the first half against Essendon last September. Was yesterday's game more important?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I thought he was one of the guys who lifted when we started showing something in the third. Not necessarily in possessions, more general pressure. He is ferocious when he is determined. Didn't see him much in the last qtr. We can't drop him tho. He is crucial.

Wells had a shocker.....
Calls to drop him are SO bloody embarrassing!!!!
It's reasonable to push for him to be dropped, inconsistency has been across his career and stamp it out early, he must be booted or a severe boot in the backside, because it's gone on for far too long. I love my club and the guy, but sometimes tough love , I.e. Hansen and Thomas.

It's not beyond the pale to suggest Wells should get dropped.

"With great power comes great responsibility." It isn't as if senior players in any team in history haven't been dropped as a message, example or wake up call. If it never happens I don't think it's unreasonable to think that the player has a certain (unconscious) complacency. A term that isn't inconsistent with Wellsy imo.

If everyone plays their part Wells isn't indispensable; if he is, god help us when he retires. I thought that, when it was hot in the kitchen (or should have been) he was largely absent. His performance is worse when you consider what he's capable of.

Will he be dropped? Of course not. But if he was it'd raise a few eyebrows and give genuine hope to those on the fringe that there is realistic hope of being rewarded for effort.

It's not beyond the pale to suggest Wells should get dropped.

"With great power comes great responsibility." It isn't as if senior players in any team in history haven't been dropped as a message, example or wake up call. If it never happens I don't think it's unreasonable to think that the player has a certain (unconscious) complacency. A term that isn't inconsistent with Wellsy imo.

If everyone plays their part Wells isn't indispensable; if he is, god help us when he retires. I thought that, when it was hot in the kitchen (or should have been) he was largely absent. His performance is worse when you consider what he's capable of.

Will he be dropped? Of course not. But if he was it'd raise a few eyebrows and give genuine hope to those on the fringe that there is realistic hope of being rewarded for effort.
Couldn't agree more...............BRILLIANT post

It's reasonable to push for him to be dropped, inconsistency has been across his career and stamp it out early, he must be booted or a severe boot in the backside, because it's gone on for far too long. I love my club and the guy, but sometimes tough love , I.e. Hansen and Thomas.
Hater.

make-love-not-war-tye-die.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back