Player Watch #9: Trent Cotchin is an obscenely good 3 x Premiership Captain, Victorian Captain & Brownlow Medalist

Remove this Banner Ad

In and under has been great. What the hell has happened to his kicking though? Unpressured passes constantly missing the target. Hopefully he can sort it out.

He tries to be too clever too often I think. Tries to do the perfect waited dinky pass. Needs to kick it harder and flatter.

Yesterday was the first time I felt he had a bit of zip- feels like he's been hampered in his running. With the midfield depth around him we're getting to the point that we just need him to play a role and then when he's really on watch out. I'm sure it's been mentioned before but the footage of him catching a mobile phone coming down the race last week is pretty amazing. Pure silk.

came off a very limited pre season , had a hiccup mid season , receives attention every week , wins his on ball and to receive in space he generally has to run hard.
Not uncommon for players with fatigue to make the occasional disposal error.
I am glad he doesn't go into his shell and save petrol tickets when tagged.

It is weird though. Last year I would have had him close to our best kick. Probably behind Newy, Lids, Houli. Then I reckon it was Cotch.

It's weird though cos it's all over the place. Today in the last quarter he hit up JR under pressure off a couple steps with someone hanging off him and he managed to put the ball lace out.

Then he will be in space (or having a set shot) and miss an easy one. I know sometime he in on his 4th effort by the time he kicks so the odd one I am not too worried about. But the difference from last year to this year is quite pronounced.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Really think he's over analyzing his decisions this year over thinking brings errors and with the pressure of captaincy I'm not surprised. Hopefully he will overcome all that soon and just play the footy we have known him for.

Polled 19 votes and finished top 10 in the Brownlow, in what most of us would call a 'treading the water' kind of season by his standards. Shoe in to win one day. :hearts:

More importantly, what page was this on when you found it?

Way too low i'd say

Him and Brooke are so hot :hearts:

They did look very good together......overall the thought of father son drafts is looking up...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back