Player Watch #9: Trent Cotchin is an obscenely good 3 x Premiership Captain, Victorian Captain & Brownlow Medalist

Remove this Banner Ad

Watched the game again last night carefully. I wanted to see the moment in the 3rd where the players began to run and take the game on and it was Cotch. He takes and gives and runs and takes again (the trademark move that idiots use to accuse him of being a "chip scab" and begins a chain of quick forward handpasses that leads to Jack's goal. Leadership by example. At the next clearance you see him having a serious talk to Conca and Griffiths. Griff and Conca proceed to dominate the clearance with multiple possessions each and it all ends with Conca's goal assist to Jack. The game is turned. We have ourselves a captain.

Watched the game again last night carefully. I wanted to see the moment in the 3rd where the players began to run and take the game on and it was Cotch. He takes and gives and runs and takes again (the trademark move that idiots use to accuse him of being a "chip scab" and begins a chain of quick forward handpasses that leads to Jack's goal. Leadership by example. At the next clearance you see him having a serious talk to Conca and Griffiths. Griff and Conca proceed to dominate the clearance with multiple possessions each and it all ends with Conca's goal assist to Jack. The game is turned. We have ourselves a captain.

Post of the week award.

I'd put it more like this, Lids compliments Cotch, both exceptional at what they do but different types of players.
I just mean in terms of importance. I think we can cover for Cotch but at this point we can't replace lids.

This.

Just watched the 3rd quarter replay now and thought exactly the same. He then kicked another about 2 minuter later. Changed the game back in our favor.

This.

Just watched the 3rd quarter replay now and thought exactly the same. He then kicked another about 2 minuter later. Changed the game back in our favor.
And I went back to read the game day thread. Just at that point the usual posts were coming up: "Cotchin is such a chip scab" etc.Then of course we went from being "lol they're being beaten by Brisbane" to "typical Richmond, what a bunch of downhill skiiers!"

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah nice goal by Cotch but Whiteys better for mine.

Why? I don't get the hype about whites goal. He's fast and he had literally the whole field to run into and then kicked a floater. Really not that impressive if you ask me.

Why? I don't get the hype about whites goal. He's fast and he had literally the whole field to run into and then kicked a floater. Really not that impressive if you ask me.
Have you ran the full length of the field with the footy with someone chasing u flat out??? Then somehow had the composure to kick the goal??? A lot more difficult than a fluke snap in a pocket.

They won't give it to him as it's not flashy enough but it's far more difficult imo

Have you ran the full length of the field with the footy with someone chasing u flat out??? Then somehow had the composure to kick the goal??? A lot more difficult than a fluke snap in a pocket.

They won't give it to him as it's not flashy enough but it's far more difficult imo

He got the ball at our 50 and ran to their 50. That's 1/3 of the field. Impressive goal, but not amazing.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back