Universal Love A First for Alipate?

Remove this Banner Ad

24/04/2015

Most Games played (players never to have received a Brownlow vote)

Equal 1st
Shannon Watt - 150
Ross Henshaw - 150
Alipate Carlile - 150*

25/04/2015

Port v Hawthorn

Hawthorn 79:eek: i50s
Jarryd Roughhead 4 kicks, 2 marks, 1 behind
Alipate Carlile 3 votes

he was immense and took a big mark too - only because it was too low to spoil - just kidding Bobby is the legend of our team, like Schulz but has been here forever, we saw nothing of Rough. For him to have under half a dozen disposals after 80 inside 50s is absurd.

Had Roughead in my dreamteam.
ab00351bff5b0f346310fd34e09e9103c49bd8c1c882625e1df65c1c3a9d31b8.jpg

Doesn't that bloke from St Kilda have the record?
Jason Blake
Nah but he got 2 votes eventually got one after 210 games.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...ks-brownlow-duck/story-fn422eni-1226480606147

Jason Blake does however have the record for the most consecutive games without gaining a Brownlow vote.

You could similar to how Chris Newman did have the record for having played the most games without a final (232), until last year, at which point he achieved his lifelong dream of getting thumped in an elimination final by Port, and instead moved to 5th on the list of "Most games played before playing first final"

How can you expect the dill that paid the free against Westhoff in the scoreboard pocket that lead to Dureya's goal at the other end in the 4th quarter, have the intelligence to understand how important and good was Carlile's game?? I'm predicting no votes.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-04-28/team-of-the-week-round-four

TOTW-B-2015rd4.jpg

JACK FROST (Collingwood) - Just gets the nod over teammate Nathan Brown, with the pair combining excellently to shut down Jake Carlisle and Joe Daniher. Stood out with his ability to peel off and help teammates with critical spoils.
with the pair combining excellently to shut down Jake Carlisle
shut down Jake Carlisle
Carlisle
Carlile​

so close!!

Surprised? nay

How can you expect the dill that paid the free against Westhoff in the scoreboard pocket that lead to Dureya's goal at the other end in the 4th quarter, have the intelligence to understand how important and good was Carlile's game?? I'm predicting no votes.
Just FYI
The free was against Mitchell who held the Hawks player back (wrapped arms around him) as his means of a shepherd.

Just on shepherds and frees how often in the first 3 quarters when Hawthorn pushed +4 back to stop the tide did one player shepherd out a Port player and allow the other to take an uncontested mark? How often was the new free kick paid?

Just on shepherds and frees how often in the first 3 quarters when Hawthorn pushed +4 back to stop the tide did one player shepherd out a Port player and allow the other to take an uncontested mark? How often was the new free kick paid?
I'll check with clarko, he'd have that stat handy

Disappointed about the lack of recognition Bobby got over his game against Roughy on almost all programs since the game.

I'm surprised a fullback who kept one of the best forwards goalless & to 4 touches in a backline that had a record inside 50 total for a losing side didn't get one good word said about him given he'll definitely get coaches votes.

Shows how little anyone cares about us even beating the premiers how we did u hardly hear anything about us on any of the programs. Maybe Schultz kicking 5 is about it but the way Bobby destroyed roughy was incredible. I dare say the only time he got those disposals was 2nd he went in the Centre.

But hey I don't mind sliding through the year unnoticed and let them see us fire in the finals.

Shows how little anyone cares about us even beating the premiers how we did u hardly hear anything about us on any of the programs. Maybe Schultz kicking 5 is about it but the way Bobby destroyed roughy was incredible. I dare say the only time he got those disposals was 2nd he went in the Centre.

But hey I don't mind sliding through the year unnoticed and let them see us fire in the finals.
Shows how far we've come though. Us beating the premiers isn't a big deal because we are considered contenders.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back