A-League Round 21 - That Other El Clásico...

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 5, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Victory,Napoli,Liverpool,Penguins
A-League Round 21 and we start off with that other El Clásico big city rivalry between Melbourne City and Adelaide United. City can pretty much rap up top spot with a win. Adelaide has a big week with two other matches on Sunday against fellow top six aspire Brisbane roar and Perth Glory on Wednesday. Big round in the make up of the top six.

A-League round 21

Thursday 13th May
Melbourne City V Adelaide United, AAMI Park, 7:05pm EST

Friday 14th May
Macarthur FC V Melbourne Victory, Campbelltown Stadium, 7:05pm EST

Saturday 15th May
Western United V Sydney FC, Mars Stadium Ballarat, 2:35pm EST
Newcastle Jets V Central Coast Mariners, Hunter Stadium, 7:10pm

Sunday 16th May
Melbourne City V Wellington Phoenix, AAMI Park, 4:05pm EST
Adelaide United V Brisbane Roar, Hindmarsh stadium, 6:10pm EST 5:40pm CST
Perth Glory V Western Sydney Wanderers, NIB Stadium, 8:15pm EST 6:15pm WST

Wednesday 19th May
Sydney FC V Melbourne Victory, Jubilee stadium, 7:05pm EST
Perth Glory V Adelaide United, NIB Stadium, 9:20pm EST 7:20pm WST

Predictions: City 2-1 Mac 2-1 Syd 3-1 CCM 2-1 City 2-0 Adel V Bris 1-1 Perth 2-1

Enjoy the football throughout the week. bit of a stressful time for Adelaide united supporters.

Love all the midweek football hope they keep it moving forward.

The way all the other results are going with the chasing pack (0-0 draws), City might only need a few more points for the premiers plate (or might have enough 😂).

Adelaide usually provide us with a competitive game so I expect no less tonight.

Cheerio to all the Adelaide United fans

tenor.gif

No Shame in losing to the arguably the greatest team this Nation has seen ❤🤍💙

Feels so good though 👍👍👍

Could get ugly tonight for the reds, as disappointing the last two drawn home games have been for us, another stalemate won’t be a bad thing given city’s form

Adelaide showed some good glimpses - better than the junk they've served up. Could have been 3-3 on another night (or 6-1 on another)

Absolutely stunned at the crowd there last night top of the table team and on a thursday night.

a league on its knees?

It was a freezing night on a school day, lot of City fans have kids/families that have to go to school/work the next day.

These compressed mid week games is not great for crowd numbers imo.

Crowd numbers are way down across the comp. Ave attendance last season was 8.3k, this year it's 5.3k.

Post Covid we're seeing numbers about 30%-40% down (even without cap limits).

A stacked schedule with midweek football (great for TV but not for attending). City have 3 home games in 7 days this week, plus another home game the following week. You'd like to spread your games out to maximise interest. AFL in full swing too.

Even the AFL is seeing a big reduction in attendance - last few Friday night games all around 50k - bumper games that you'd expect would be 70-80k in a "normal year". I think that people are living differently after last year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I so love dominating a game and being absolutely inept in front of goal........

Honestly thought/felt (and still do) that the Smurfs are our (City's) main threat to the toilet seat (we have the Premier's Plate pretty much wrapped up) but geez you have been playing some poor football of late.

I don’t like that handball call tbh, he’s trying to get his arm out of the way
I think maybe a free kick from the spot where it occurred is a better option, if they are going to call anything, a penalty seems way too harsh

He wasn’t though. He was defending like a BB player with his arm out. It stopped the play as we had a player running through.

* me sideways...

Can you imagine what our friends in A-League security would've done if the crowd had coordinated a political protest?

But sure, the guys bombing civilian apartment buildings and refugee camps are the ones that need support on the football field when deadshits in this country will cry "PC GONE MAD" for a BLM kneel-down.

Should've received a yellow card for the choreographed celebration and a 2nd yellow for being a c*nt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back