Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 5, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Victory,Napoli,Liverpool,Penguins
A-League Round 22 and we have some important matches this week in the make up of the top six. We have the Sydney Derby, can Sydney FC get a win against WSW? A top of the table clash between City and the Mariners a win for City should be enough to clinch the premiers plate, Perth who are on a hot run up against Macarthur FC, Wellington Finally get to go home and play in front of their Fans oh.. and lets throw in an original Derby too between Victory and Adelaide. its all happening in Round 22.

A-League Round 22

Friday 21st May
Newcastle V Brisbane Roar, Hunter Stadium, 7:05pm EST

Saturday 22nd May
Wellington Phoenix V Western United FC, Westpac Stadium, 2:05pm EST 4:05pm NZLST
Melbourne City V Central Coast Mariners, AAMI Park, 7:10pm EST

Sunday 23rd May
Sydney FC V Western Sydney Wanderers, SCG, 4:05pm EST
Melbourne Victory V Adelaide United, AAMI Park, 6:10pm EST
Perth Glory V Macarthur FC, NIB Stadium, 8:15pm EST 6:15pm WST

Tuesday 25th May
Brisbane Roar V Melbourne City, Dolphin Stadium, 7:05pm EST

Wednesday 26th May
Western Sydney Wanderers V Wellington Phoenix, BankWest Stadium, 7:05pm EST

Predictions: Roar 2-0 Nix 3-1 City 2-0 SYD V WSW 2-2 Adelaide 2-1 Perth 3-1 City 2-1 WSW 2-1

Enjoy the football this week its an important round!

Last edited:

Be warned, I might get extremely loud and obnoxious if City win on Saturday Night (wouldn't miss the game for the World, going to Blues v Tassie Hawks before too)

Getting toey/nervous as the day draws nearer.
I rate the Premier's Plate more higher than the Toilet Seat (as a football purist) and geez, I hope I don't embarrass myself too badly if the lads get up.

City win the Premiers Plate with a win over CCM.

Perth showing a bit of form and have come from the clouds to be in the finals mix.

Anyone from down to 10th spot can make the 6, if you can string a few wins together.

A great close to the regular season. From 2-10 a few wins or losses could be the difference between a bye in the first week, or the old double bye (bye-bye).

GAME DAY. I'm excited, we might be pushing for the biggest attendance this season 🤩 There's a confirmed 18k tickets sold already, but there'll be walk-up tickets as well, so hitting 20-25k would be so good for the players - hopefully the atmosphere doesn't get the best of them and we leave with 3 red cards and an 8-4 loss 😂

Great turnout of just over 24k at the cake tin, but gee the wheels have really fallen off western union.

Western United..
Yeah well when you’re a travelling sideshow its bound to take a negative effect at some stage.

Rudan also should be under pressure.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Western United..
Yeah well when you’re a travelling sideshow its bound to take a negative effect at some stage.

Rudan also should be under pressure.
They need a big off season. Also there seems to be an understanding from wu that they need to have a proper base next year, they just need to find somewhere. Aami is not going to happen, it will need to be green gully or maybe whitten Oval.

What a performance, what a crowd. 24k, biggest anywhere in the league. Hell. Yes. Loved every minute of it. And great reception for Dura at the end, well deserved.
Congrats City, can you smack the Roar for us next week? 🤞

COYN!! 🖤💛

Lost my voice. Best moment and game I have ever been to by a mile.

Poor Paddy Kisnorbo had to get stitches after someone accidentally knocked the Premier's Plate on him.

images

Why are there still black tarps at the front of the active areas at AAMI Park and none in the away bay? Where else in the country are there still black tarps used? ridiculous over policing.

They've been there since the active support returned post-COVID. I guess it's just to stop those scenes of crowds going apeshit at the front as the player celebrates. Given where our crowds are at right now, I doubt it matters a lot!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back