A most mysterious move by the AFL

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hahahahahahahahahahaha.

Richmond fans would kill to make a prelim like we did last year.

9th is the apogee of the Tigs fan. We have the best team song. And we like it that way. If Richo and Reiwoldt never did a tantie on the field and cracked the sads, punt road is not in lockjam on 5pm Friday

thread needs more blackcat

#pabstblueribbon
gunna have sum fun wif this frhead

get the party started

zero gravity and central fungal force(sic) coming in to land at Tullamarine.

mayday mayday hindy will
air-planes_o_899352.gif

Fri night vs Essendon at Etihad
Sun arvo vs Collingwood at G
Sat night vs Carlton at Etihad
Sun arvo vs Melbourne at G
Last round vs Richmond at Etihad

You don't play any small clubs except Melbourne

This.

Which 3 games do you think would work better? Not a lot of small crowds there.

its a essendon home game at docklands, the afl has given north members free entry as compensation for playing games in hobart. The inference is that there will be fewer essendon members at the game(why??????) and afl does not want empty seats on a friday night tv game so wants north members to fill them
emirite Maddam?

That's exactly it. I know that people "close to North" - yep, drink, I lose 150 million BigFooty credibility points for claiming connections to a club etc - are utterly stunned by this. Its unprecedented.

It's certainly a strange choice but I don't think it's anything to do with the ASADA/AFL stuff. How do explain the other replacement game with Richmond? You could argue they would draw more fans than Essendon.

We've had Richmond before as a replacement game. Never the Bombers. And we've never had a Friday night replacement game. Now bang, here's a Friday night against the Bombers. If it were a Sunday arvo game against then, yeah, I can see it justified.

But a FRiday night? LOL. Nah, something is up here.

Also, I see you are back on the I LOVE ESSENDON EVERYBODY FEEL SORRY FOR THEM NO WAY MY HEROES IN RED AND BLACK ARE GETTING SUSPENDED meds.

This.

Which 3 games do you think would work better? Not a lot of small crowds there.

Melbourne, Tiges in Rd23 and Carlton, who will be s**t. Easy.

Even Collingwood at the G on a Sunday is more worthy of a crowd pump than Essendon v North on a FRiday night at both our home grounds.

Unless there were some mysterious threat t the crowd numbers.

I find the idea that an outcome on this matter is predetermined very difficult to accept. A tenuous link to a suggested 'predetermined outcome' does nothing to change my mind.

Melbourne, Tiges in Rd23 and Carlton, who will be s**t. Easy.

Even Collingwood at the G on a Sunday is more worthy of a crowd pump than Essendon v North on a FRiday night at both our home grounds.

Unless there were some mysterious threat t the crowd numbers.
What makes you think this will be a small crowd, if the tigers are locked away in the eight, this game will go close to being fully ticketed.

What makes you think this will be a small crowd, if the tigers are locked away in the eight, this game will go close to being fully ticketed.

I agree, but in that case, it will be played at the G.

Recall Rd23 is the one where the AFL decides the week before.

They are having a bet each way there.

s**t, if we're playing off for a top 4 spot say, not out of the realms of possibility, you could get 70 - 80k there.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

s**t, if we're playing off for a top 4 spot say, not out of the realms of possibility, you could get 70 - 80k there.

Venue doesn't change just what time the game is played

The AFL has announced Friday Rd7 Essendon v North Melbourne will be a replacement game in Melbourne for North members given we flog three games to Hobart.

UMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM?

Essendon home games against North are always fully ticketed at Etihad.

Let alone a Friday night game.

The last game we played was a close final in front of over 78,000 people.

Both sides have made significant off season additions to their squads while also both losing a key player.

Both sides will have 40k+ members next year. In fact, both sides will probably have record memberships.

Why is the AFL apparently so keen to maximise attendance at this fixture?

Why is it appearing to rely on NORTH members to fill the stands at an Essendon home game?

In Rd7.

HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM.

i havnt noticed anything to show cause why we should care about two clubs reliant on welfare to survive.

Cute how North supporters think that's a massive crowd...

But they don't change the venue in rnd 23, just the timing. Richmond will still have to play a 'home' game at the other teams home ground, so having most of your fans locked out is required to give it a home feel.

Maybe the AFL saw that we drew a good crowd against the Bombers and chucked it in the fixture. The AFL likes money, I hear.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back