A new Dank interview

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems to me Danks is trying to throw Essendon under the bus. He is basically suggesting the players are lying and that Essendon destroyed records about the supplement program.
I get the impression that if the club/players go after Dank he will use the I disclosed everything defence including to brave Sir James.
True or not won't matter to Dank if he goes to court he will go into self preservation mode and pass the blame as much as he can.

It's one to say these things, on air, on a radio station with 1% of the listening audience.

It's another to present the evidence in a proper setting. Dank has failed to do so no matter what it is, so he either needs to put up or shut up.
Pity he was your employee. Even if you can blame everything on Dank you're still the club on the hook for all of it. Let it be a lesson in exercising due diligence on new hires.

It's one to say these things, on air, on a radio station with 1% of the listening audience.

It's another to present the evidence in a proper setting. Dank has failed to do so no matter what it is, so he either needs to put up or shut up.
less than 1%.

But it is used like a press release. Dorothy dixers. melanotan chasers.

Fairfax and Murdoch can decide if they wish to use any of the quotes.

Mostly the usual crap, but some interesting stuff in there. Moderators were ludicrously sycophantic. As usual with Dank, the things he didn't say were more enlightening than the things he did.

Just some of the things I picked out, not a full summary of what was said:

• Said that the records kept at Essendon were actually quite thorough and that the governance was fine. Says more than "six" people at the club know exactly what happened.
  • On why he hasn't done more to defend himself, he said that he's not going to submit himself to a "kangaroo court" and will only defend himself in court. "When they get to court they have to produce the evidence... It's okay for them to sit there and say I've done a, b, c and d. Well boys, you have to go to court to prove that I did a, b, c and d."
  • ASADA first contacted Dank 6-7 weeks after the story first broke. Dank put them immediately onto his barrister and "won't repeat [his] barrister's words".
  • Says he's already started litigation, and that the "appropriate forum" for the airing of evidence will be in the form of lawsuits. Will take legal action against AFL and NRL. Believes that there were leaks in the investigation that damaged his reputation, and believes he knows where those leaks came from (but didn't elaborate further).
  • The substances used at Essendon were "well and truly part of the established landscape in terms of medicine in this country and overseas. All of these substances have some sort of approval somewhere in the world for use...." Says he would do it again. "There was nothing that we did that we didn't have permission for. There was nothing that we did that no-one [sic] had any issues with. And we certainly didn't do anything that wasn't discussed well throughout the club infrastucture."
  • Says he has (had?) all the records and that he "left them at Essendon football club. It was certainly left on the club intranet. And those records recorded every player on a spreadsheet, for every day, every week, every month of the season." Says this has been verified by an external body, and that you'd "have to ask the club" what happened to them and "why they've [including the AFL] tried to perpetrate the lie that these records don't exist".
  • When asked about whether it was necessary for the players to know what they were taking: "In the early days, when we started whatever we were doing... such was the degree of dilligency... [that] Dean [Robinson] would actually sit in the office with me and any player who could not say what we were giving them, what they were taking it for, what the benefit was, they weren't allowed to take it or have it until sat down and I went through that again. Dean was very, very rigid about that in the first couple of months that we started, until players were very, very coherent with that information."
  • Said the program was about delivering that extra "5 or 6 percent". "It was never set up to be performance enhancement. It was... management of tissue loads and tissue stress.... The guys down in Canberra and the guys down in AFL House would have you think that there was some Lance Armstrong type moment in terms of what we were running.... If I was doing something that was performance enhancement, it certainly wouldn't represent the program that was undertaken at EFC." Went on for ages and ages justifying the place of pharmacology in sport - says players need supplements and criticises the "stupidity" of the codes for not understanding what the medical science teams are trying to do. Won't bother quoting any of that crap.
  • When asked about the future of the players: "I have no doubt that the AFL will do whatever they can to imply that they've done something wrong and hence to suspend them - I think that's what they're trying to do.... If it was as systematic and as deep as they're trying to imply, surely the guys should get two years and not two weeks, is that a fair call?"
  • Predictably, did not directly address TB4 nor was he asked about it. It must be a condition of him doing these interviews. Pretty damning when he could say something as simple as "I didn't give the players TB4."

I wonder if Danks speadsheets recording what substances players were administrated were what was used to target the 34 players issued with IN. I wonder if said spreadsheets extended further than the "Thymomodulin" spreadsheet created AFTER Dank started doctoring documents after it was shown that TB4 was prohibited. Wouldn't initial documents added to the intranet be time stamped, with redundancies created, so while the "Thymomodulin" spreadsheet may be found in July 2012 earlier versions labelled "Thymosin" may have been found too, with dose regimes matching TB4.

Also I wonder exactly what the players were told as to the benefits of the "Thymosin" which they were administerated. Would be interesting how many mentioned "immunosuppression" .........

Oh and when did Dank shift from creating a program to help fight against the immunosupression suffered by players (thus the supposed use of Thymomodulin or TA1) and centre it around managing tissue loads and tissue stress. Sounds like something that TB4 may be used to prevent, apposed to anti-HIV meds or baby forumula .............

I wonder if Danks speadsheets recording what substances players were administrated were what was used to target the 34 players issued with IN. I wonder if said spreadsheets extended further than the "Thymomodulin" spreadsheet created AFTER Dank started doctoring documents after it was shown that TB4 was prohibited. Wouldn't initial documents added to the intranet be time stamped, with redundancies created, so while the "Thymomodulin" spreadsheet may be found in July 2012 earlier versions labelled "Thymosin" may have been found too, with dose regimes matching TB4.

Also I wonder exactly what the players were told as to the benefits of the "Thymosin" which they were administerated. Would be interesting how many mentioned "immunosuppression" .........

Oh and when did Dank shift from creating a program to help fight against the immunosupression suffered by players (thus the supposed use of Thymomodulin or TA1) and centre it around managing tissue loads and tissue stress. Sounds like something that TB4 may be used to prevent, apposed to anti-HIV meds or baby forumula .............

From memory the "Thymomodulin" spreadsheet was 'recovered' from Dank's computer by Essendon in around July 2013 and dated from January 2012.

Not only that Mxett, he's claiming that if the player didn't know what they were getting or why, he would sit them down and go through it again until they understood. Clearly he is a prophet. He sees players could sue him in the future, and decided to cover-his-arse by providing this tid-bit of information two years too late.
but making comments like this to the media wont save his hide, especially without records. They are very empty claims indeed

but making comments like this to the media wont save his hide, especially without records. They are very empty claims indeed
It appears if Rome is going to burn, he want's to be the one holding the match.

Seems like Dank is saying Essendon knew all along, and the players knew what was happening. (which I believe there are people that knew what was happening)

Dank never denied injecting TB4 into them, he has always said nothing prohibited (he thinks there is a loophole around it)
He is setting up everyone for a fall it appears.

including Dank. So we have 34 players, with many saying they didnt know exactly what they were given, and Dank claiming they did. Plus we have incomplete records. I wonder who is telling the truth in this lot?
Do you think they're cooked mxett?

would you believe a guy like Dank or 34 players?
All have got something to lose. Dank is a scumbag but on the other hand it stretches credibility to think that all 34 players were so thick as to only have a sketchy knowledge of what might be in the jabs. Insane stuff.

All have got something to lose. Dank is a scumbag but on the other hand it stretches credibility to think that all 34 players were so thick as to only have a sketchy knowledge of what might be in the jabs. Insane stuff.
I agree and to apportion more blame to one party than the other is going to require great skill or guess work.

how many actually signed consent forms, i believe it was more than 34, was it 37?
relevance?
Do you think they're cooked mxett?
probably
I cant see all 34 making up stories. If they knew they were given TB4 one would have said so, especially given no one seemed to know it was banned until after interviews were finished

I agree and to apportion more blame to one party than the other is going to require great skill or guess work.
Or I could blame a bunch of people in various degrees and reserve approval for me because I wasn't involved. I couldn't vaccinate a cat.

relevance?

probably

I cant see all 34 making up stories. If they knew they were given TB4 one would have said so, especially given no one seemed to know it was banned until after interviews were finished
was just wondering if 37 signed why 34 got charged is all.
Maybe 3 said things that were a bit different to the other 34

relevance?

probably

Are we sure one hasn't said so. Strangely, ASADA don't send their statements and records of conversation straight to me.

was just wondering if 37 signed why 34 got charged is all.
Maybe 3 said things that were a bit different to the other 34
Dont know, but the media reports seem to dsuggest quite a number didnt recall being given thymosin at all but were still charged
Are we sure one hasn't said so. Strangely, ASADA don't send their statements and records of conversation straight to me.
if someone said they were given TB4 in early 2013 ASADA wouldnt have said they couldnt link banned substances to individual players in August 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back