in a house
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
box hill
Hawks BF vs Cats BF social game - easter -2013

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showpost.php?p=23773659&postcount=399

one of your guys came up with a very good idea ,

it is a good chance going by last few years we play each other at Easter that a social game between you guys and our guys could be played on good friday ,
i am just putting it out there to see what you guys think,
i am not organizing it ,
i just think it is a good idea

it is a good chance going by last few years we play each other at Easter that a social game between you guys and our guys could be played on good friday ,
i am not organizing it ,

F88 austeyr assault rifles at 50mtrs or count me out.:D

images

i am not organizing it ,

I'm in if HodogePodge plays I would love to go all Barry Hall/Stevie Baker/Richie Vandenburg on him Show him some unsociable football at its best :D

I'm in if HodogePodge plays I would love to go all Barry Hall/Stevie Baker/Richie Vandenburg on him Show him some unsociable football at its best :D

I'm sure HP would be the official statistician for the game.

:D

Wonder if any of the Geelong posters would be able to "Go 20 and 3" if that were the case :eek:

It wouldn't count in his opinion, unless they could continue doing it over 20 or so games.

i am not organizing it ,

If Hodgepodge plays i'll supply the before and after match refreshments, before the body get's discovered of course.

My post was this;

Gee Good Friday is boring.

We should have organised a 'social', 'bruise free' game of footy between the Hawks BF and the Cats BF teams.

Maybe next year.

I've played games like it before.
Rather than tackling and slamming people to the ground you hold them up (* them)

And the umps go a little harder on holding the ball due to it.

I'm 42, fairly unfit, haven't played footy for 20 years, run a company, and have kids to look after. I have no interest in being out of action for a week from a side on bump delivered at 60 KPH.

That's just one example but there would be many people who would like to win the trophy for 'buddy effort of the day' rather than be known for laying a heavy tackle.

I think it would be a good idea with a bench of 8 and a bbq and beers to follow.

My post was this;

We should have organised a 'social', 'bruise free' game of footy between the Hawks BF and the Cats BF teams.

Maybe next year.

Rather than tackling and slamming people to the ground you hold them up (* them)

I'm 42, fairly unfit, haven't played footy for 20 years, run a company, and have kids to look after. I have no interest in being out of action for a week from a side on bump delivered at 60 KPH.

That's just one example but there would be many people who would like to win the trophy for 'buddy effort of the day' rather than be known for laying a heavy tackle.

I think it would be a good idea with a bench of 8 and a bbq and beers to follow.

Awesome idea. :thumbsu:

Would be better if you incorporated some kind of way to have a bit of a fundraiser for the RCH Good Friday Appeal while we're at it. Maybe even extend it to include supporters from a few other boards, ie. Carlton and Collingwood, and have a round robin or something.

My post was this;

Maybe next year.

I'll have to wait until after the game then.:(

My post was this;

Maybe next year.

glad you came in and commented :) cause by above comments they hated it from me even though i put link to your comment in it so they would know i am not being a troll !

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would be better if you incorporated some kind of way to have a bit of a fundraiser for the RCH Good Friday Appeal while we're at it. Maybe even extend it to include supporters from a few other boards, ie. Carlton and Collingwood, and have a round robin or something.

and yes that would be an idea at that !!!

glad you came in and commented :) cause by above comments they hated it from me even though i put link to your comment in it so they would know i am not being a troll !

No you're wrong.
No one on this board hates Hawks supporters.

Hawks supporters are regarded as a bunch of C***s
And C***s are useful

:p:D

Yep, good idea

My post was this;

Maybe next year.

Could not agree with this more .....:thumbsu::thumbsu: Even the same age ....:eek:

I've used a Bren never a Steyr so I'll take your word for that but the only place you might find an old Bren is in a display cabinet at an RSL.
How ever I can get hold of a couple of SLRs.:D

Used a Bren 20 years ago.
They are still in use for blank round simulations.

I had the option to buy pristine 303's for $50 each. I really wish I'd bought one.
Still have my SLR bayonet though.

ok, sidetrack over. :(

I like vinum's idea.

Winty's too, if we could rattle some tins for the hospital, on a day where there's no footy anywhere, we could get a decent crowd and if everyone puts in a gold coin there's a fair bit of money for a really really worthy cause.

Ok boys , ill put my hand up ta get a side togethter from our board .....anyone gunna put there hand up for the cats that i can work with ?? Perhaps a Mod from each board too coach ??
Also like the idea to rattle a tin or two .....
Another thing to think about is location ......waverley also open to the public ....

Remove this Banner Ad

Back