Abbotts team Australia, what does it mean?

Remove this Banner Ad

Julia Gillard is just a uni teacher in Adelaide, looking after her widowed mum. Why would you try and smear her when this thread is clearly about the hypocrisy of Tony Abbott our prime minister. The do as I say, not as I do tony abbott. You must be scared of something?

Because she was a horrible person that with the help or Rudd almost destroyed the labor party

I've been thinking about the new anti terror laws and interpretations. Especially how Abbott say we all need to be on team Australia. I understand that some of my knowledge is regarded by some as not in the national interest. An example would be I recognize the genocide and invasion by the Europeans to prop up economies ruined by war mongering.

However I like to make informed decisions when I vote in my countries elections and I also like to participate in discussions about my country in an objective holistic manner. Which means discussing our mistakes and inadequacies. I would say that this is playing for team Australia. I'm less likely to be fooled by some Johnny come lately whose not playing for team Australia, who is more likely serving the national interest of (for arguments sake) American companies.

I would consider being a devout Catholic as not playing for team Australia, I would go as far as saying donating to a forign corporation is treachery. They don't have our national interest at heart, specifically considering the cover up of abuses against children so well documented. I would say that if your playing for team Australia, you would denounce any affiliation with this group. Same can be true of anyone who donates their time and money to the corporation known as the Jehovas witnesses or the Anglican church.If your playing for team Australia and not in the team Jesus league.

Imagine if a forign born European national who is a devout catholic got on our tv lecturing us that we need to be on team Australia, a man who predominately runs any policy past an american citizen president of the largest media conglomerate, before consulting us. If you were on team Australia, you wouldn't sit back and say nothing, would you?

of course they aren't on team australia, neither are governments who spend billions on funding islamic schools in indonesian while pulling funding from australian schools and hiking up the price of uni here at the same time.

yet every government does it. over the last 20 years more money has been donated to foreign governments and international organisations then australian aid organisations.

But its not politely wise to point this out because racists try to use it as a platform and you get that whole guilt by association thing. the moment you recommend that its in the national interest to improve the lives of aussies doing it tough before we seek to piss away money trying to fix other countries problems the topic goes no where.

recommend tarrifs protect key assest's to keep manufacturing in aus, nope old hat, suggest the move away from fulltime employment leads to less loyalty to your employer which long term damages domestic companies, point out that selling australian land to foreign nations (who then pay no tax are free to employ foreign workers and remove entitlements from any aussie workers) particularly those are not democratic and commit heinous crimes against their own citizens is both dangerous and immoral, crack pot.

allowing products that are known to use "indentured" workers like nike to be sold here despite being caught time and time again, even if it puts aussie business out of work, shouted down as a one eyed trade unionist.

Team australia isn't part of the national agenda and never will be, so instead the liberals give us team australia the slogan in the hopes the voters will allow them to grab onto their pony tail as they face heck them, the only difference between the liberals and labour is the liberals aren't as subtle. both sides just want to screw you.

Last edited:

Attack someone for no basis......you just attacked Abbott on the basis he was born in the UK and is a Catholic. In plain English. That's you basis. Bigotry.

By the way, I detest Abbott and most of the Liberals policies and yes, I find some of them hypocritical. But Abbott's hypocrisy has nothing on your tin foil hypocrisy. Amazing.
Little Graham is a blatant racist. I'm surprised his racism is tolerated on this board actually.

Of course it's the Muslim leaders (along with the far Left) who oppose tougher anti-terrorism laws. If you're a decent person you have nothing to worry about in regards to the tougher laws. We didn't see Christian, Buddhist, Hindu etc leaders complain about Australia toughening its stance on terrorism, so why do Muslim leaders? Are terrorist views so deeply ingrained and prevalent in Australian Muslim culture that influential Muslim leaders have to criticise any changes to terrorism laws otherwise run the risk of facing severe condemnation from their fellow followers? Or are these Muslim leaders actually in support of their religion being a hotbed for extremism and terrorism?

Of course it's the Muslim leaders (along with the far Left) who oppose tougher anti-terrorism laws.
What about the libertarian right?

If you're a decent person you have nothing to worry about in regards to the tougher laws.
Thank heck you will never be in charge of anything.

We didn't see Christian, Buddhist, Hindu etc leaders complain about Australia toughening its stance on terrorism, so why do Muslim leaders?
You've never seen other religious groups state their opposition?

Are terrorist views so deeply ingrained and prevalent in Australian Muslim culture that influential Muslim leaders have to criticise any changes to terrorism laws otherwise run the risk of facing severe condemnation from their fellow followers? Or are these Muslim leaders actually in support of their religion being a hotbed for extremism and terrorism?
Cmon, Australians have been committing terrorism in the name of the Australian state since Europeans got here.

Let's just wait for a considered response.
Not sure we'll hear a response given that these laws aren't a concern to their respected religions followers.
We support Israel. That's supporting terror.
Of course you would much rather we support Hamas, a terrorist organisation that wants to wipe out the entire Jewish state. But that's for another thread.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I just thank god none of these far left nutjobs on here are responsible for running this country. My lord, our country would degenerate into a third world shithole faster than you could blink.

Instead we have Abbott, who's not a great deal better......:(

Born there,
So was Julia Gillard.
educated there,
So was Bob Hawke.
monarchist
So was John Howard.
brought back titles etc.

None of the above suggests anything but a conspiracy theory.

He is the same as many Australians who voted to defeat the referendum in 1999. Titles are meaningless, symbolic only. (I'm a republican by the way)

And how has support for the monarchy affected his governance of this country? Our relationship with the UK has not changed any more markedly under Abbott as under any other PM.

This is typical of the Liberal playbook.

Govern for the wealthy, use racism and jingoistic nationalism to appeal to the suburban idiots.
What bigoted racism like the Greens go and employ to describe non white refugees and all those who don't support them.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back