Abbotts team Australia, what does it mean?

Remove this Banner Ad

little graham

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts
Sep 18, 2013
AFL Club
Adelaide
I've been thinking about the new anti terror laws and interpretations. Especially how Abbott say we all need to be on team Australia. I understand that some of my knowledge is regarded by some as not in the national interest. An example would be I recognize the genocide and invasion by the Europeans to prop up economies ruined by war mongering.

However I like to make informed decisions when I vote in my countries elections and I also like to participate in discussions about my country in an objective holistic manner. Which means discussing our mistakes and inadequacies. I would say that this is playing for team Australia. I'm less likely to be fooled by some Johnny come lately whose not playing for team Australia, who is more likely serving the national interest of (for arguments sake) American companies.

I would consider being a devout Catholic as not playing for team Australia, I would go as far as saying donating to a forign corporation is treachery. They don't have our national interest at heart, specifically considering the cover up of abuses against children so well documented. I would say that if your playing for team Australia, you would denounce any affiliation with this group. Same can be true of anyone who donates their time and money to the corporation known as the Jehovas witnesses or the Anglican church.If your playing for team Australia and not in the team Jesus league.

Imagine if a forign born European national who is a devout catholic got on our tv lecturing us that we need to be on team Australia, a man who predominately runs any policy past an american citizen president of the largest media conglomerate, before consulting us. If you were on team Australia, you wouldn't sit back and say nothing, would you?

Meaningless three word slogans have been replaced by meaningless two word slogans.

So in one year of government we've been dumbed down 33%. And I've potentially broke the law observing that.

Team Australia spending 630 million extra (during a budget emergency) on anti terrorism,Team Australia spending billions more on a failed american fighter jet (during a budget emergency)

Yet can't find a cent for Holden in Elizabeth or Nyrtar in Port Pirie, the only state with a lab gov, clearly not on team Australia.

So Catholics, Jehovah's Witnesses and Anglicans (or anyone who supports their cause) are not on 'Team Australia'.

Hmmm, gee that sounds familiar doesn't it?

What do you mean?
I know exactly what you're trying to do.

Seriously though, he's a complete imbecile. His deep hatred of Jews, Christians and whites runs so deep that he cannot look at a situation rationally. He preaches tolerance, acceptance and equality yet in every thread he's blaming one, or all, of the three above groups for all the world's problems.

As for 'Team Australia', Australia is for all people, you cannot argue that Christians are not a part of 'Team Australia' without arguing any religious people can't be. It's bigotry. Who cares what religion, race, sexuality etc. somebody is, we can all be valuable parts of society and support what is in our nation's best interests.

I know exactly what you're trying to do.
Huh?

Seriously though, he's a complete imbecile. His deep hatred of Jews, Christians and whites runs so deep that he cannot look at a situation rationally. He preaches tolerance, acceptance and equality yet in every thread he's blaming one, or all, of the three above groups for all the world's problems.
Who? The poster?

As for 'Team Australia', Australia is for all people, you cannot argue that Christians are not a part of 'Team Australia' without arguing any religious people can't be. It's bigotry. Who cares what religion, race, sexuality etc. somebody is, we can all be valuable parts of society and support what is in our nation's best interests.
Well it's good you are so accepting. IM glad you acknowledge Australia is a place for all belief systems, faiths, cultures and non-faiths.

Huh?
You're trying to get me to mention the I word. His attack on Christians sounds exactly what far right white supremacists say about Muslims.

Who? The poster?

Well it's good you are so accepting. IM glad you acknowledge Australia is a place for all belief systems, faiths, cultures and non-faiths.

I can agree with this. But I still think "Team Australia" is a really stupid slogan.

, we can all be valuable parts of society and support what is in our nation's best interests.
Sending money, to a forign corporation like the vatican, is not in our best interests. Pledging allegiances to a forign head of state, like the British royal family is not in our best interest. Now when they're confronted with the hypocrisy of thier politics they tend to vilify the messenger.

Oh nice, now little graham is targeting Abbott for being foreign born.

Did you have the same issue with Julia Gillard, little graham?

However I like to make informed decisions when I vote in my countries elections and I also like to participate in discussions about my country in an objective holistic manner.
That part was ******* hilarious.
Which means discussing our mistakes and inadequacies.
I think you mean harping on them and exaggerating them to the point of no meaning.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Did you have the same issue with Julia Gillard, little graham?

Julia Gillard is just a uni teacher in Adelaide, looking after her widowed mum. Why would you try and smear her when this thread is clearly about the hypocrisy of Tony Abbott our prime minister. The do as I say, not as I do tony abbott. You must be scared of something?

Julia Gillard is just a uni teacher in Adelaide, looking after her widowed mum. Why would you try and smear her when this thread is clearly about the hypocrisy of Tony Abbott our prime minister. The do as I say, not as I do tony abbott. You must be scared of something?
The question is did you feel the same way about Julia Gillard. She was PM too. I think it's disgraceful you reduce her achievements to merely being a "uni teacher in Adelaide". Is she not a foreign born European national?

For the record, I think Tony Abbott is an arsewipe and I could never vote for him. But not for the racist, bigoted reasons that little graham puts forward.

The question is did you feel the same way about Julia Gillard. She was PM too. Is she not a foreign born European national?
She has nothing to do with hypocritical right wing nutter team Australia slogan, which what this thread is about. She means nothing to it, she was just a welsh commoner.

Before this forum degenerates into any sort of personal abuse etc.

I would say that whenever politicians start putting the hand on the heart, waving the flag & trying to raise the jingoistic, xenophobic tone, come out with the slogans ( All the way with LBJ etc) the body bags soon follow. This time I hope just metaphorically speaking.

The great thing about this country is that we basically mistrust our 'betters'. Those who attempt to rule, manage, dominate or 'represent' us are looked at with a great deal of cynicism & caution. That is a healthy 'Team Australia' trait IMO.

That tendency may well have started with the influence of the Irish part of our background. Perhaps added to by those who immigrated from communist Eastern European & other totalitarian countries. Also maybe some of the nature of the self reliant bushmen & women may have filtered down to us as well. Who knows, maybe I should ask a sociologist.

My point is that sloigans are cheap & whatever it may mean to the MM, each person will interpret it their way.

I'm into Team Australia, but I doubt its way the MM intends it.:rolleyes:

Now when they're confronted with the hypocrisy of thier politics they tend to vilify the messenger.

Post removed

Post removed

:rolleyes:

So thats the substance of your intelligence? Attack someones character, with no basis, because they dare point out the hypocrisy of the Abbott government.

We have an English born Italian church supporting, puppet of an American citizen, telling Australians what is team Australia. What does this man think of Australians?

What does team australia mean if you're a woman? Doesn't team Australia want to make rape victims keep their babies? Make terminal cancer patients rot away to nothing before they die? Counsel our school children with priests? Make our taxpayers pay for the pollution of overseas multi nationals?

Welcome to team Australia!

Last edited by a moderator:
:rolleyes:

So thats the substance of your intelligence? Attack someones character, with no basis, because they dare point out the hypocrisy of the Abbott government.

We have an English born Italian church supporting, puppet of an American citizen, telling Australians what is team Australia. What does this man think of Australians?

What does team australia mean if you're a woman? Doesn't team Australia want to make rape victims keep their babies? Make terminal cancer patients rot away to nothing before they die? Counsel our school children with priests? Make our taxpayers pay for the pollution of overseas multi nationals?

Welcome to team Australia!
Attack someone for no basis......you just attacked Abbott on the basis he was born in the UK and is a Catholic. In plain English. That's you basis. Bigotry.

By the way, I detest Abbott and most of the Liberals policies and yes, I find some of them hypocritical. But Abbott's hypocrisy has nothing on your tin foil hypocrisy. Amazing.

Meaningless three word slogans have been replaced by meaningless two word slogans.
Same as "Team America- heck yeah!", but with less credibility, more like mindless puppets and with a totally uneducated, Christian fundamentalist agenda.

"Team Fundy Tony wank"

Remove this Banner Ad

Back