AC/DC

Remove this Banner Ad

Has Gone Shootin' got a run at any of the gigs? Not a huge fan of Brian singing it but it is a magnificent song - easily in my AC/DC top 5. Powerage would be in my top 3 albums too.

I think it is a touch overrated, although Powerage is my favourite album. I personally would like to see Gimme a Bullet played, maybe see Cliff take centre stage with those groovy bass lines!

Anyway, to answer, not that I have ever seen.

Has Gone Shootin' got a run at any of the gigs? Not a huge fan of Brian singing it but it is a magnificent song - easily in my AC/DC top 5. Powerage would be in my top 3 albums too.

The gigs are tightly scripted now, the band says it's not possible to make ad hoc changes due to the programming of the lighting. I dare say the same 20 songs will be played at every Australian show.

Not a fan of that song or album personally, but it's one that has aged well with many fans.

One thing I noticed was last tour there was a video screen tribute to Bon Scott during High Voltage. Not this time. Seems like an old thing to ditch.

I'm not really a big fan of the band, but more a casual take em or leave em sorta guy. But I must admit that I am shocked that this hasn't sold out for the Melbourne gigs. Looking at both concerts I can get both sets of general admin still.

Frankly I am not inclined to spend that sort of coin on a band that I only have a passing interest in, so is it likely that reduced tix are offered on the day of a concert or a place to find "cheap seats" for a fella who would be happy to see them, but not a diehard fan?

I'm not really a big fan of the band, but more a casual take em or leave em sorta guy. But I must admit that I am shocked that this hasn't sold out for the Melbourne gigs. Looking at both concerts I can get both sets of general admin still.

Frankly I am not inclined to spend that sort of coin on a band that I only have a passing interest in, so is it likely that reduced tix are offered on the day of a concert or a place to find "cheap seats" for a fella who would be happy to see them, but not a diehard fan?

Worth a try, but general admin in standing on the oval, not seated.

\

I'm not. They were only here a couple of years back and had both Malcolm Young and Phil Rudd playing with them then. They are dangerously close to a tribute band now.

\

I'm not. They were only here a couple of years back and had both Malcolm Young and Phil Rudd playing with them then. They are dangerously close to a tribute band now.

Perhaps reflected in the choices of drummer & bass player, each having played more than a hundred AC/DC shows on previous tours. Have seen them twice - 1988 when Malcolm was battling substance issues and 2010 when he was barely holding it together. Early-tour rumblings about Chris "Thunderstruck" Slade's playing have died down.

NB "a couple" = nearly six.

Just got home from tonight's gig in Melb..
Wow!! I was a little nervous that it wouldn't be as loud or clear considering they are a bit older but boy was I wrong. Exact level I wanted and it was loud and clear the way it should be!!
Not sure how it sounded in the stand. Brian can't reach the high notes anymore but it didn't really matter with everyone screaming the chorus of every song and if you know the songs really well like me it doesn't matter.
Whole lotta Rosie was probably the best. I think Brian should talk a bit more in between songs and they probably could've played about 2-3 more songs and finished at 11.
Going again Tuesday and can't wait!!

\

hahahhaha This guy wasn't 100 per cent wasn't there tonight... 'tribute band' LMAO

best tribute band I have ever seen.
that was absolutely insane...incredible performance.

Just got home from tonight's gig in Melb..
Wow!! I was a little nervous that it wouldn't be as loud or clear considering they are a bit older but boy was I wrong. Exact level I wanted and it was loud and clear the way it should be!!
Not sure how it sounded in the stand. Brian can't reach the high notes anymore but it didn't really matter with everyone screaming the chorus of every song and if you know the songs really well like me it doesn't matter.
Whole lotta Rosie was probably the best. I think Brian should talk a bit more in between songs and they probably could've played about 2-3 more songs and finished at 11.
Going again Tuesday and can't wait!!

yeah went last night. not a big fan in any way but wanted to tick them off the bucket list. Was pretty impressed. Very loud which is what you expect and sounded great. Brian was very good, misses high notes as you sat but pretty impressive for an old guy. Angus of course owns the show and the little old man is a legend. just runs around all night. Thought the guitar solo bit went on for a few minutes too long (me and mates predicted about 15 minutes, was good fun but touch too long).

Found myself a little bored about 2/3rds of the way in (casual fan) but they finished off strong. Not sure why you would go back Tuesday when you know it is going to be the exact same setlist??

(Log in to remove this ad.)

yeah went last night. not a big fan in any way but wanted to tick them off the bucket list. Was pretty impressed. Very loud which is what you expect and sounded great. Brian was very good, misses high notes as you sat but pretty impressive for an old guy. Angus of course owns the show and the little old man is a legend. just runs around all night. Thought the guitar solo bit went on for a few minutes too long (me and mates predicted about 15 minutes, was good fun but touch too long).

Found myself a little bored about 2/3rds of the way in (casual fan) but they finished off strong. Not sure why you would go back Tuesday when you know it is going to be the exact same setlist??

I understand why you would say that, but I love them and live music is just amazing to me. Also taking my gf this time so will be a bit different than with my friends but will love it regardless

I understand why you would say that, but I love them and live music is just amazing to me. Also taking my gf this time so will be a bit different than with my friends but will love it regardless

yeah fair enough. my other favourite thing from last night was the amount of young kids their with their folks. we had about 4 or 5 young kids on their dads shoulders all night and they were rocking it out and loving it. was great to see. (reckon some were as young as 5, wearing ear muffs and giving the horns, was very funny)

Still so tight...

The crowd was awesome. The crowd in Adelaide were pathetic which is always expected though.

Yeah it was a bit disappointing, I'm not even from Adelaide and felt a bit ashamed. Good thing they're professional.

Must be an Adelaide thing. Shoulda had the gig at Alberton, at least the locals there know how to make noise.

Can't ******* wait for Hives tonight. Hope the rain will stay away so they can keep the roof open again tonight.

Actually preferred Kingswood to Hives. More down to the style of music than anything else. Hives tried hard and earned their money, but I thought they were a slightly odd choice of support band for AC/DC.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back