Academy Watch

Remove this Banner Ad

So what happens when a club trades out their 1st and 2nd round pick this year, accrue points and then the club trades out their 1st and 2nd round pick next year too and the club also had an academy kid who is rated in the 1st round next year too? How many points can a club keep in the bank? All this points s**t is very unnecessarily convoluted.

I don't know. The system is pretty basic. For me it comes ripe to exploit if a year comes along where we're ripe for Academy prospects and don't rate the following year's prospects. Trade all in for established talent, use the left overs and next year's credit to clean up the gold Academy prospects and sit back and develop the next year when the draft depth is s**t. It would take a fair bit of fortune for that scenario to occur though.

I assume in that scenario your first and second picks the following season would be picks 40-50+ in order to pat the first round bid another random club put in. So you trade our your first and second rounders, then lose the rest of your picks for that draft, plus get pushed way back next draft for one kid.

So what happens when a club trades out their 1st and 2nd round pick this year, accrue points and then the club trades out their 1st and 2nd round pick next year too and the club also had an academy kid who is rated in the 1st round next year too? How many points can a club keep in the bank? All this points s**t is very unnecessarily convoluted.

The downgrade should occur between the years so before the following year's trade period, everyone knows that the Swans' first pick is actually pick 57, not pick 15.

Couldnt find anything else on Weller. Match site has updated this but no stats yet:

Goal Kickers: C. Filewood 3, D. Budarick 3, C. Wagner 2, B. Keays , M. Spencer , W. Buzza , C. Marsden , R. Blood
Best Players: , C. Wagner , D. Budarick , B. Keays , A. Maricic , C. Filewood , N. Dennis

Thought I'd share a couple of my pix.

Filewood a set shot from around the 50 - dobs it with the aid of the breeze.
pZ5UkQf.jpg

Keays on the burst... pretty sure he also kicked this through
ksgWd6s.jpg

Nate Dennis rucking, Budarick on the left fighting for position.
6Fwjwvh.jpg

Wagner looking for a lead on the western wing
Do52L5h.jpg

Maricic and some evasive skills
SaaEYVl.jpg

Budarick bombing long with the wind to a forward contest... well that pretty much covers the 'named best' :cool:
w3Vm3t8.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Buzza is very physical and strong at this level, which is a huge asset of his. However, I'm not sold on his athleticism at a higher level and I feel like he'd be exposed on the mature opponents. Much like the Reece McKenzie dilemma last year (bloke kicked 16 goals one APS game and still went late sixties)

I dont think we RATED Smith so much as we hoped we could mould him into a workable Ruck. Its make or break for him next year.

surely not? i think we rated the things he could offer potentially with his agility etc around the ground, which maybe hasnt come on as much yet. youre right make or break for him next year, as in how much he shows, do hope he does get the extra year but, with buzza and dennis knocking on the door

I did wonder that when I saw him...Google time!

No relation there. Weller is a 'Rookie Search' player, acquired under that guise to the academy recently (may have been there earlier, not entirely sure). Played footy early on in his career but focused on Rugby and Athletics for years until taking up footy again.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back