Academy Watch

Remove this Banner Ad

What a tragedy.

Irrelevant in the grand scheme of things, but I'm told this kid could really play - but had stress fractures in 2022 and then a shoulder reco in 2023, so was just ripe for a big 2024.

RIP young fella

Anyone watch the Level 3 squad play Morningside on the weekend?

Beat them by 100+ points. Assume obviously Morningside didn't roll out all their shiny new recruits, but beating a senior QAFL team by 100 points is impressive. (or worrying for the QAFL, perhaps both?)

Anyone watch the Level 3 squad play Morningside on the weekend?

Beat them by 100+ points. Assume obviously Morningside didn't roll out all their shiny new recruits, but beating a senior QAFL team by 100 points is impressive. (or worrying for the QAFL, perhaps both?)
Do you have a link?

And a team sheet?

Would love the club to advertise these games.

Do you have a link?

And a team sheet?

Would love the club to advertise these games.

No link, I have no idea if they filmed, but they normally would.

I didn't go, nor do I know who played, all I know is that the margin was around 115 points and some new kid kicked 5 goals and looked exciting.

Zac Bailey's brother on that list, which is interesting

Morningside essentially puts their Colts team out there, it was a waste of time, not sure it achieved much at all.

Lions removed their best players like Gilder, Gillet, Annable, Geesu, Lillico etc after 1 quarter. But they used about 50 kids (pic attached)

Margin was 95 points from memory.

I thought Toby Griggs and Troydon Ross were particularly impressive and Bridge provided class every time he was near it, but it wasn't down back much.

There was a cherry picker there with camera operating.

L3 squad are playing Sherwood this Saturday at 10am at Brighton Homes. I expect it to be much more competitive as Magpies will only play 2 Colts blokes (we also have 12 in the academy L3 squad) and will generally use fringe senior players over a 6 period game.

Attachments

• IMG-20240302-WA0009.jpg
    IMG-20240302-WA0009.jpg
    138.6 KB · Views: 58
Last edited:
L3 squad are playing Sherwood this Saturday at 10am at Brighton Homes. I expect it to be much more competitive as Magpies will only play 2 Colts blokes (we also have 12 in the academy L3 squad) and will generally use fringe senior players over a 6 period game.

is this confirmed? I can't see anything advertised by the Lions or the Academy confirming this?

I'd like to go watch and find out who is playing for the Lions team.

Did the U18 boys and U16 Girls both play at BHA yesterday against Sydney? Anyone know what happened?
Didn't see them, but U16 girls won comfortably 134-13. McIlwain oout of Vic Point kicked 10 goals. Stella Scott, Mia Geere and Molly Ferguson named in best again.

U18 boys won 113-31. Haven't heard anything more than that though & PlayHQ is a goddamn nightmare to navigate around.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Didn't see them, but U16 girls won comfortably 134-13. McIlwain oout of Vic Point kicked 10 goals. Stella Scott, Mia Geere and Molly Ferguson named in best again.
I feel like "comfortably" is somewhat understated for a 20 goal victory.

We don't often see content about our academy from the club >

Great video. Feels like our academy is finally coming together. Hell, the club being confident enough to promote the changes and areas of growth in the program alone is nice to see.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back