Coach Adam Simpson Megathread est. 2017 - Skip to 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

I agree that 2027/2028 is most likely. That would mean the coach has had two to three seasons with his team. Similar to Nicks at Adelaide (who should have played finals last year)
Can't argue with that. Fair call. If the loss blow-outs are minimised, compared to last year, then I can see him lasting till early to mid next year.

If we have the exact same year as last year....goneski this year.

Ultimately, even if we are $hit this year, are standards bring upheld this year, regardless of the result? Are players buying in?

Simmo seems checked out to me. I want the young guys to develop with the coach that is taking them back to finals.

He seems awfully relaxed for someone who on paper should be under pressure.

I wonder if coaching a group of young players who aren’t expected to do much has freed him up somewhat.

The best thing Simmo could do is a peaceful transition to a new coach. Something like what happened at Swans with Roos to Longmire, although I’m not sure who the successor candidate would be.

Similar to what we did with Nisbett. No sacking with immediate effect and care taker coach etc.

We announce in August that simmo will coach out the year and then depart and we start the search for a new coach.

Send simmo off with a thank you for everything you’ve done.

I think we go for Kane Corns if we want to change coaches.
corn cob GIF

He seems awfully relaxed for someone who on paper should be under pressure.

I wonder if coaching a group of young players who aren’t expected to do much has freed him up somewhat.

The best thing Simmo could do is a peaceful transition to a new coach. Something like what happened at Swans with Roos to Longmire, although I’m not sure who the successor candidate would be.

Similar to what we did with Nisbett. No sacking with immediate effect and care taker coach etc.

We announce in August that simmo will coach out the year and then depart and we start the search for a new coach.

Send simmo off with a thank you for everything you’ve done.
If we were to go down the succession path, Simmo will still be part of the club in 2025

Another thing that irritates me about Simpson is he seems to spend too much time talking up the opposition, pre and post match. We always seem to be playing one of the 'form sides of the comp'.

Only so many ways he can say we are garbage They put the best back on him. Much easier to talk up the sides that beat us

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Only so many ways he can say we are garbage They put the best back on him. Much easier to talk up the sides that beat us

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Imo he's overly focused on the opposition, you can see it in the roles he has players do. It's understandable given the team he's coaching, but it's to the detriment of player development imo

There's not much Simmo can do about the basic skill errors we've made all day, the only thing he can do is try to bring in other player's for those that show poor skills, so far he's dropped poor performing players, will see if he continues this for poor disposal as well...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Does anyone realistically think we could be worse off with a new coach ?
No. Also, if we get a new coach they get the chance to grow/bond with the nucleus of the next competitive team. It seems like Simmo and the club are just waiting for his contract to expire. There's no point in him being at WC anymore....imo

There's just a complete lack of intensity from the players for long stretches of games under Simpson for the last 3 seasons. At least 1 quarter per week of our players cruising out there, half assed chase efforts, missed tackles. Complacency set in years ago.

Does anyone realistically think we could be worse off with a new coach ?

Would we any better though either?

Instead we'd be down the money and creating a destabilising environment at the club. I think he'll be gone by the end of the season personally which is the best time if any.

Would we any better though either?

Instead we'd be down the money and creating a destabilising environment at the club. I think he'll be gone by the end of the season personally which is the best time if any.

Coaches should have reasonable performance provisions built into the contract.

On Pixel 6 using BigFooty.com mobile app

There will have to be some movement on the Simmo front by the club in the next off season. I don't mean sacking him necessarily, but they can't go into next season with him coming out of contract and just say "we'll make a decision at the end of the year". I realise Port did that with Hinkley last year, but it is a totally different situation when you are club likely to be in the bottom 4 and lost 75% of your games as opposed to being in a flag window and likely to win most of your games like Port were.

If they do that then Simpson will get barraged with questions about being sacked/not re-signed in every press conference. It will become destabilising for the club. If it got to Round 5 or something and he wasn't re-signed then the players and assistant coaches and Simpson himself would all be concluding he was getting sacked. Then his authority would get undermined and people would start thinking about looking for a job at another club for the next season rather than focussing on their current job etc. Versus with Hinkley and Port where the players, assistant coaches and media would have all been assuming all year that he would get a new contract and it was just a question of the details.

They might sack him, they might announce their intention to sign him for a short extension like Freo did with Longmuir, both parties might announce that they mutually wanted to move on at the end of next year. Any of those things could happen. But they won't be able to just say nothing and do nothing and go into next season with Simpson being smashed at the press conferences with endless questions about his job security.

Look there is some new game plan simmo is implemented.

I havent seen so much corridor use in a while. We copies GWS game plan. Corridor half back rebound but skill errors made not as good

Look there is some new game plan simmo is implemented.

I havent seen so much corridor use in a while. We copies GWS game plan. Corridor half back rebound but skill errors made not as good
We were loving the boundary line a lot in the first half too. Glad they started taking the risks inboard.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back