Adam Treloar

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I sure hope Taylor and his mates have been in his ear to consider a trade to Collingwood...

Beams + pick 30 for Treloar + pick 19

If even go a straight swap if push came to shove :)

Pleasssssssse pleasssse pleassssssssse!!!
I would definitely do a straight swap! This is my dream outcome, I'd feel no pain if we somehow got Treloar. Don't have much hope, but you never know.

I don't really care for him to be honest. But i saw someone say trade Blair.. NO.. I like Blairy.. Leave him alone! :p

Seems a lot of people have fallen in love with Treloar. He's nowhere near Beams.

Gosh you're so far off the mark there it's not funny - as a young midfield prospect he's about as good it gets, kid is going to be an absolute gun.

If we could squeeze a pick out of them as well then I'd be chuffed, but even if it were Treloar alone I'd be happy.

By all reports he is not contemplating a trade and obviously GWS is keen to keep him. Having stopped the negotiations with Brisbane means that we won't be in a situation where clubs outbid each other for Beams.

So, sure, Trealoar is going to be a star, but getting him this year (and probably ever) is out of the equation.

If we're dealing with GWS, we should try and get what they are allegedly offering for Griffen. Bulldogs have less bargaining power, and Beams is 4 year youngers but already a mature experienced player. He would help the young GWS mids tremendously, whereas a Griffen would be good for their development but most likely to be past it when they actually contend.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We aren't going to trade him at all, but how do you guys realistically rate Adam Treloar? His name has emerged quite a lot from your fans, with some fans wanting Pick 4 + Treloar for Beams, so I was wondering what exactly you guys thought about him, and how a hypothetical trade would be structured

For a statistical background - Treloar averaged 27.6 disposals a game to Beams' 27.2, with a slight edge in winning contested ball (12.5 to 12.2) while Beams led in clearances 6.1 to 5.9. Beams' major advantage over Treloar is that he can go forward and kick more goals than Treloar (23 to 13)

Treloar is only 21 right now and his numbers are comparable to some of the elite inside-mids in his third season, if he improves even remotely, he will push into that upper echelon of mids. With that being said - Beams is clearly the better player right now, but statistically they're a lot closer than you guys might think.

We aren't going to trade him at all, but how do you guys realistically rate Adam Treloar? His name has emerged quite a lot from your fans, with some fans wanting Pick 4 + Treloar for Beams, so I was wondering what exactly you guys thought about him, and how a hypothetical trade would be structured

For a statistical background - Treloar averaged 27.6 disposals a game to Beams' 27.2, with a slight edge in winning contested ball (12.5 to 12.2) while Beams led in clearances 6.1 to 5.9. Beams' major advantage over Treloar is that he can go forward and kick more goals than Treloar (23 to 13)

Treloar is only 21 right now and his numbers are comparable to some of the elite inside-mids in his third season, if he improves even remotely, he will push into that upper echelon of mids. With that being said - Beams is clearly the better player right now, but statistically they're a lot closer than you guys might think.
I think most here would like to get Beams for Treloar + 19 in a best case scenario but many have expressed being okay for a straight swap. Not sure how many want 4 + Treloar, most Collingwood fans would accept that is overs. Sure we'd love it, but not really a fair deal for GWS.

Maybe Beams + 30 for Treloar + 19? I don't know. Would love Treloar at the Pies though.

Last edited:

I wouldn't want a pick just straight swap. I know you guys wont trade him just wishful thinking from me and many other posters.

Taking everything into account, most of us rate him as a swap with Beams. Those who don't understandably haven't seen much of Treloar.

Thanks for the responses guys,

If I completely removed the reaction from the players and the potential disharmony it would cause within our club to get rid of Treloar, I could very easily get talked around on a straight swap - but I was genuinely wondering how you guys rated him, as I thought I might have been greatly overrating our own guy.

It's good to see you guys do rate Treloar, and I hope you get fair compensation for Beams - if Brisbane don't play ball, I really want to grab him and I'm sure we can compensate you guys like we did last year when we grabbed Heater.

Doesn't sound like at all he or his club are planning on trading him but a straight swap would be a fair trade. Treloar's virtually a kid in a young side racking up very good numbers but Beamsy is more of a goal kicker.
Kidding if you think we'd get a pick as well for him.
In any case there' be more chance of Dangerfield coming across, and that's none.

Treloar, Dangerfield, Beams, Rockliff, Boak, Cotchin, reckon all theses guys are in the same ballpark.

Basically all the guys above are going to play very very high quality footy in the midfield for whatever team they are in for years to come.

Beams is right up there in our side with a fit and firing Swan and the mercurial Pendles. He would be comfortably in the 5 most valuable players in our side. Him, Cloke, Pendles, Reid, maybe Elliot, these are the cream of our crop.

I would swap Beams for Treloar.

Not because I think Treloar is as good right now, Beams can turn games off his own boot kicking crunch goals and taking contested marks in the forward line, but because he, Adams, Thomas, Kennedy and others could support Pendles in our midfield for years to come and be a very good player for us from day one.

Probably not going to happen but I hope a decent player at some point comes out and says they want to come to the Pies so we can move Beams on, if he doesn't want to be at the Pies we should try to get someone who does, and Treloar is the kind of player that could walk straight into the vacancy in our side made by a departing Beams.

I would be happy to swap Beams for Treloar and a 2nd round draft pick or if push came to shove a direct swap. I would be happy to add a few players in with Beams in the hope of getting Treloar and another quality player.

Not that statistics give the whole picture but in a very young GWS mid-field that at times was smashed by bigger and older bodies, Treloar's stats stack up very well and are very identical to Beams. There was a substantial increase in his overall stats from last year

Beams (25 in February)
2014 - 19 Games; 27.2 disposals; 68.0% disp eff; 2.7 clangers; 6.1 clearances; 4.3 stoppages; 4.5 tackles; 1.8 R50; 4.5 I50s; 1.2 goals
2013 - 08 games; 28.5 disposals; 76.8% disp eff; 3.5 clangers; 6.7 clearances; 4.7 stoppages; 3.9 tackles; 1.0 R50; 4.4 I50s; 0.7 goals
2012 - 24 games; 30.9 disposals; 73.1% disp eff; 2.2 clangers; 5.9 clearances; 4.1 stoppages; 4.2 tackles; 1.8 R50; 4.5 I50s; 1.2 goals

Treloar (22 in March)
2014 - 20 games; 27.6 disposals; 68.0% disp eff; 3.2 clangers; 5.8 clearances; 4.0 stoppages; 5.5 tackles; 2.0 R50; 4.2 I50s; 0.6 goals
2013 - 20 games; 24.1 disposals; 70.8% disp eff; 2.8 clangers; 2.9 clearances; 1.7 stoppages; 3.4 tackles; 2.3 R50; 2.5 I50's; 0.4 goals

Treloar has so much more upside than Beams IMO, the only reason GWS would do it is to get a big name and more mature bod into their midfield. Could be a win/win scenario for both clubs, but theres no doubt Treloar could finish his career with a brownlow around his neck

Thanks for the responses guys,

If I completely removed the reaction from the players and the potential disharmony it would cause within our club to get rid of Treloar, I could very easily get talked around on a straight swap - but I was genuinely wondering how you guys rated him, as I thought I might have been greatly overrating our own guy.

It's good to see you guys do rate Treloar, and I hope you get fair compensation for Beams - if Brisbane don't play ball, I really want to grab him and I'm sure we can compensate you guys like we did last year when we grabbed Heater.

I'd be well within the minority here, but all things considered I would trade Beams + 2nd round for Treloar. In normal circumstances I reckon a straight swap would be equitable, but if that was what it took to get things done in this current 'climate' then I'd take that.

Last year with Shaw/Adams the trading was really fair and the GWS weren't trumpeting about like Swann has for Brisbane this year. Hope the good faith trading continues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back