Game Day Adelaide vs Geelong - Rd 1, 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

right here. he's no good. the other 22 blokes played well though

I admit that I greatly underestimated McHenry based on last season's form. He now looks to have the potential to become a longer-term good ordinary player for the Crows. Still not yet a great return for Pick 16, but not a bust either.

I hope that I'm completely wrong again and that he pushes on to become a 200+ game A-grader (or at least B+) for us. He has the benefit of having the infectious friendly team-oriented personality that I would like to see succeed.

At least he's moving forward, whereas Jones just seems to be regressing.

Patrick Dangerfield has been suspended for three games after the tribunal upheld the MRO's assessment of his bump on Jake Kelly as careless, high contact and severe impact. He will miss games against Brisbane, Hawthorn and Melbourne.

Patrick Dangerfield has been suspended for three games after the tribunal upheld the MRO's assessment of his bump on Jake Kelly as careless, high contact and severe impact. He will miss games against Brisbane, Hawthorn and Melbourne.

I liked their argument that the jury should ignore the fact that Kelly got a broken nose, because the nose is “sensitive and vulnerable”.

Yep, that’s the point. Everyone’s got a nose and if you hit them hard enough, they’ll break. We need to protect players from sufficient force to the head that does that.

In the legal world it’s known as the “eggshell skull” principle - you take your victim as you find them. If you hit someone on the head and they have an “eggshell skull” - bad luck. Like noses, these things exist. Actions have consequences.

Danger was clearly frustrated by being run down from behind and decided to get a bit physical in return. A strong hip and shoulder but things have changed since the old days. Good to see Scott accepts the thinking behind it.

Bullshit that Danger got off lightly.

High? Yes
Severe? Yes
Careless? PMSL

Should've pinged him with intentional and left it on Geelong to argue that down to Reckless

Bad luck 3atrick
Hearts bleeding - not

I liked their argument that the jury should ignore the fact that Kelly got a broken nose, because the nose is “sensitive and vulnerable”.

Yep, that’s the point. Everyone’s got a nose and if you hit them hard enough, they’ll break. We need to protect players from sufficient force to the head that does that.

In the legal world it’s known as the “eggshell skull” principle - you take your victim as you find them. If you hit someone on the head and they have an “eggshell skull” - bad luck. Like noses, these things exist. Actions have consequences.

Danger was clearly frustrated by being run down from behind and decided to get a bit physical in return. A strong hip and shoulder but things have changed since the old days. Good to see Scott accepts the thinking behind it.
👍🏼

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hopefully Geelong don't start 0-5 or something. Remember when we beat Sydney away early one season and thought we were going well? Then everyone beat them there

Actually I could live with that (at least until Hocking gives them a priority pick).

Hopefully Geelong don't start 0-5 or something. Remember when we beat Sydney away early one season and thought we were going well? Then everyone beat them there
My cousins got money on them to miss the eight he'd be very happy if that happens

Remove this Banner Ad

Back