Adelaide vs West Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

I think this is were you start crying and blaming everyone else; the umpires, the Victorian media, the weather, "white line fever". Cry me a river sooks.

Not sure if this is deliberately ironic, but if so well done. If not...good luck to you sir.

Indeed but when the game was there to be won Priddis failed to get rid of the ball in time, Cox unable to impact the contest and Rosa's contribution so lacking he was subbed.

A really poor performance in terms of effort from our senior players. If we have a lot of injuries then its these guys who need to be standing up each weak.
No doubt. Had we not been playing so poorly, especially in the first quarter, we would never have been in a position for a few dodgy decisions to halt a comeback in the first place.

Crows were brilliant today, not only did they have solid skill on their side but also seemed to grab every bit of luck that was out there aswell.

Really hoping they take the flag this year if West Coast don't make it, love watching them.

Adelaide VERY underrated.

Bright future ahead. I think you are battling it out with Sydney for runner's-up honours on GF day though. Hard to see the Hawks getting beaten at this stage.

Sanderson's coach of the year by an absolute mile.

Crows were brilliant today, not only did they have solid skill on their side but also seemed to grab every bit of luck that was out there as well.

Really hoping they take the flag this year if West Coast don't make it, love watching them.
Missed the first quarter, may have been a good thing.

Crows are certainly more advanced than we are, not a surprise to most I guess.

Generally our short fall is mature big bodied mids, not much can be done about this short term. I think Emberly fills the gap in part but he is more an outside runner.

The desperation has fallen away significantly over the last six weeks or so. Signs of a tired team.

Big holes oin the forewrd lien are nbot gooint to be filled this season and the constant ins and outs has robbed us of system and confidence. Having said thatt I would like to see us take a realistic view on this season from now on and play a fey more younger players this year. I am very happy with Newman's firts three games and would like to see McInnes up forward.

Today was an AA ruck battle as well - Cox and Jacobs fought out a draw, but Natanui was a non-entity in the contest, was bullied off his game by a physical Jenkins and got most of his stats in 4th quarter junk time.

Pretty sure Cox and Jacobs just settled that they'll both be in the final AA team in September.

Today was an AA ruck battle as well - Cox and Jacobs fought out a draw, but Natanui was a non-entity in the contest, was bullied off his game by a physical Jenkins and got most of his stats in 4th quarter junk time.

Pretty sure Cox and Jacobs just settled that they'll both be in the final AA team in September.
Naitanui had more champion data points than both Cox and Jacobs......

Naitanui had more champion data points than both Cox and Jacobs......

Crap stats in 4th quarter junk time. He had no effect on the game at all, and was really badly put off his game by Jenkins at stoppages around the ground. Naitanui clearly has issues with physical ruckmen playing at him.

Crap stats in 4th quarter junk time. He had no effect on the game at all, and was really badly put off his game by Jenkins at stoppages around the ground. Naitanui clearly has issues with physical ruckmen playing at him.
You obviously don't realise how CD points work. Players barely get any points when the game is over. Most of the points were handed out in the first qtr to the likes of Sloane and Dangerfield who didn't do too much after qtr time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You obviously don't realise how CD points work. Players barely get any points when the game is over. Most of the points were handed out in the first qtr to the likes of Sloane and Dangerfield who didn't do too much after qtr time.

Did you misunderstand what I was saying? Because you also misunderstand the points system.

What I was saying was that Naitanui got most of his stats - and hence the points for them - towards the end of the 4th quarter, when the game was already 'over', by which I mean the game was still being played, but the contest was well and truly over. For the first three and a half quarters he did very little, and was a non-entity when it came to the ruck battle between Cox and Jacobs.

In other words - Naitanui had a poor game.

Did you misunderstand what I was saying? Because you also misunderstand the points system.

What I was saying was that Naitanui got most of his stats - and hence the points for them - towards the end of the 4th quarter, when the game was already 'over', by which I mean the game was still being played, but the contest was well and truly over. For the first three and a half quarters he did very little, and was a non-entity when it came to the ruck battle between Cox and Jacobs.
CD points do not equal normal kick/handball statistics. They take into account things such as contested possession, disposal efficiency, contested marking, hitouts to advantage etc

CD points do not equal normal kick/handball statistics. They take into account things such as contested possession, disposal efficiency, contested marking, hitouts to advantage etc

I strongly suggest you go and read the scoring systems for both AFL Dreamteam and SuperCoach, because you clearly do not understand.

I also suggest you accept the blindingly obvious, that despite the cheap points he got in the last quarter Naitanui was actually less effective in the game than Jenkins. He was undeniably poor. Accept it and move on.

I strongly suggest you go and read the scoring systems for both AFL Dreamteam and SuperCoach, because you clearly do not understand.

I also suggest you accept the blindingly obvious, that despite the cheap points he got in the last quarter Naitanui was actually less effective in the game than Jenkins. He was undeniably poor. Accept it and move on.
Case closed. You can't get cheap CD points in the last qtr.

well congrats to the Victorian media that have pissed and moaned all season about how the Eagles are winning the free kick count. We now get the most pathetic free kicks paid against us that arent there, while others that are bleeding obvious for us arent paid....

Umps just snuffed the game out with 2 goals to the crows when we had all the momentum. Well done

It's funny how none of the West Coast supporters in here moaning about the umpiring mentioned the goals that were gifted to you in the first half.

Go read up on CD points system.

Ok, I'm going to spell it out for you.

Firstly, there is no such thing as a Champion Data points system. Champion data records every statistic in every game, and provides them to the AFL and selected partners.

Points systems are created by third parties, who apply an arbitrary amount of points to different statistics, and then award those points based on the statistics as recorded by Champion Data. Different competitions apply different points to different things, which is why there is a disparity between the two largest competitions, the News Ltd SuperCoach, and the AFL Dream Team.

Points are only awarded for statistics. When a player - such as Naitanui today - only gets statistics such as effective possessions and goals towards the end of the fourth quarter, when their opponents have dialed back because the win has already been achieved, they can get a points score that does not give a true measure of their effectiveness. The same can also be said of a player like Dane Swan, who gets an immense score due to a large number of cheap possessions, but observation of the game shows that most of those possessions were cheap and incredibly ineffective in the game.

Naitanui has the most points using the Dream Team and SuperCoach scoring system, but any objective observer will tell you he had the least impact on the game of all 5 ruckmen - bar the substituted Tippett.

Ok, I'm going to spell it out for you.

Firstly, there is no such thing as a Champion Data points system. Champion data records every statistic in every game, and provides them to the AFL and selected partners.

Points systems are created by third parties, who apply an arbitrary amount of points to different statistics, and then award those points based on the statistics as recorded by Champion Data. Different competitions apply different points to different things, which is why there is a disparity between the two largest competitions, the News Ltd SuperCoach, and the AFL Dream Team.

Points are only awarded for statistics. When a player - such as Naitanui today - only gets statistics such as effective possessions and goals towards the end of the fourth quarter, when their opponents have dialed back because the win has already been achieved, they can get a points score that does not give a true measure of their effectiveness. The same can also be said of a player like Dane Swan, who gets an immense score due to a large number of cheap possessions, but observation of the game shows that most of those possessions were cheap and incredibly ineffective in the game.

Naitanui has the most points using the Dream Team and SuperCoach scoring system, but any objective observer will tell you he had the least impact on the game of all 5 ruckmen - bar the substituted Tippett.
Points are WEIGHTED on how important they are e.g. if only 2 minutes left under a goal the difference a contested mark/clearance etc is given more WEIGHT and thus more POINTS than if a team was ahead by 50 points. This shows that if Naitanui got a lot of cheap touches as you suggest his CD score should be far smaller.

NN is out of form - he does need to learn to play against physical opponents. It's because they stifle his number 1 weapon.
Big deal, every gun young player gets increased attention like this, and I'm 99% sure NN will overcome it.

Fantasy sores by quarter http://www.fanfooty.com.au/game/byquarter.php?id=4138

Naitanui had more DT and SC points at 3QT than Cox or Jacobs. And they both got more (%) of their points in the last quarter than Naitanui did, in both measures.

He didn't have a great game, but he wasn't terrible. None of the ruckmen looked that great really.

Fantasy sores by quarter http://www.fanfooty.com.au/game/byquarter.php?id=4138

Naitanui had more DT and SC points at 3QT than Cox or Jacobs. And they both got more (%) of their points in the last quarter than Naitanui did, in both measures.

He didn't have a great game, but he wasn't terrible. None of the ruckmen looked that great really.

Spiked the most in the third quarter I see - still, I agree he wasn't facepalm terrible today, but despite tripling his raw hit out stats he was beaten for impact by Jenkins. Naitanui needs to learn how to play physical, he has the body for it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back