Adopt my philosophy - Discontinue emotional Investment

Remove this Banner Ad

I think we can go up though progressively to actually challenge if we do it right though. If we f.. around with the short term again though it will kill us IMO!!
Absolutely, but a lot of things have to go right for us to challenge. Fortunately we have a really balanced list age wise, most of our older players have at least five years left.

18 teams, unbalanced fixtures, COLA allowances, good luck/bad luck, a lot of teams won't win a flag for a long, long time.
We are set up off the field where we shouldn't have to go through the real crap times again, we'll be up and then down but all clubs will be.

None of us are demanding a flag. What we are asking for is what we never have but should have....a onfield set up which is able to deliver a run at the top 4 more often than not.

I don't believe we will be top 4. No one does

None of us are demanding a flag. What we are asking for is what we never have but should have....a onfield set up which is able to deliver a run at the top 4 more often than not.

Well considering that only five years ago we were the worst side since Fitzroy in their last year, I think we've come a long way. 2 points off top 4 in 2013 and not many sides are capable of winning 9 in a row, there is no doubt that we have a long way to go but we are closer than we have been for three decades, teams (Geelong, St Kilda and Collingwood are good examples) can drop off quickly and teams can rise dramatically (Port last year and Adelaide/Bulldogs so far this season) but time will tell for them as well as us, all teams need a good run with injuries and their best players at their best, we aren't that far off.

Sorry I am not demanding a flag, but I am asking for once we attempt to win one.

A onefield set-up to deliver a run at the top 4 more often than not is simply a fail. If I was president and someone came up with that goal, they would be sacked on the spot, assuming the President had the power or at least put to the board for the board to sack them

The simple goal of making top 4 is unacceptable. Most of the time for any chance to win a premiership you need to be at least top 2. So a goal of top 4 is for amateurs, and I would not be a part of such a rabble objective!

Richmond is about winning premierships. Even if we do not win one it is about winning premierships and attempting to win premierships.

I will not be part of a club where the mantra is about making the top 4!!!

I must admit, honestly making the 8 the last 3 years really mean't nothing to me.

The only thing that really counts is premierships.

I know for players they get paid and their are other awards in the professional AFL ranks but really, if you come second you may as well be last like in the Tallegda Nights.

I know not everybody can come first in a 18 team competition but we should be aiming, as the primary objective, over time to win a premiership otherwise why even argue between friends on behalf of the club.

Seriously, if Richmond were not playing for a premiership ultimately as an end goal over time, why would I be cheering for Richmond versus other clubs? Other people would have ever right to call me a blubbering fool if Richmond were not trying to win a premiership at some stage!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back