Adopt my philosophy - Discontinue emotional Investment

Remove this Banner Ad

That's a fringe group RT
Why is that a fringe group . That's a group of rabid Richmond supporters who have given a lot and bought big memberships and merch off the club for a long long time. How many of these fringe groups don't you think are out there? Keeping in mind all the people in this fringe group have memberships they just don't rate the coach and the stupidity

Why is that a fringe group . That's a group of rabid Richmond supporters who have given a lot and bought big memberships and merch off the club for a long long time. How many of these fringe groups don't you think are out there? Keeping in mind all the people in this fringe group have memberships they just don't rate the coach and the stupidity
Couldn't be that big rt , our membership numbers are swelling and there's always a component that don't renew, the impact hasn't been telling if your suggesting there's many

Couldn't be that big rt , our membership numbers are swelling and there's always a component that don't renew, the impact hasn't been telling if your suggesting there's many
As I said Bo everyone I know that is disenchanted with Dimma and thinks he's a right off has a membership . Some have multiple. I just got a second one for my birthday so I don't think membership numbers tell the story. All those blokes in the sack Dimma thread have memberships are they are another fringe group you talk about and there are more on PRE and other sites .

As I said Bo everyone I know that is disenchanted with Dimma and thinks he's a right off has a membership . Some have multiple. I just got a second one for my birthday so I don't think membership numbers tell the story. All those blokes in the sack Dimma thread have memberships are they are another fringe group you talk about and there are more on PRE and other sites .
My point is they're a minority not whether they have a membership or not

After the loss on the weekend I was disappointed but not too shattered like I normally get whenever we have a bad loss. Usually that would be enough to 'ruin' my weekend but now it's not a huge bother. It stings a bit for a few hours and then I move on.

Thinking back, I think the Melbourne game last year (the Hafey tribute match) was where it all changed for me, I remember feeling pretty low after that game. Ever since then, I've been pretty indifferent to our losses (even the thrashing in the final wasn't hugely fazing). Now, I just roll with the punches - makes for a nice change given how inconsistent we can be. :D

Yeah this makes sense.

I've given you s**t about your disdain for Hampson, but I get where you're coming from. Again, similar to what you said about thinking Razor went too early on Hardwick, I think you maybe went too early on calling Hampson out, but he's currently padding our VFL side and doesn't look close to it, so I'm starting to agree with you on that now too.

I think the idea was right, in wanting to solidify our ruck division, but I also think that the actual player chosen was potentially not the right choice.

Hardwick's progress up until 2013's finals series can't be faulted. He took us from being a rabble, to a genuine finals side, in 4 seasons. But ever since we choked in that EF, he seems to have become a reactionary beast, who has lost control of the development of this club and the list.

We won 15 games in 2013 with this list. You don't win 15 games with an ordinary list, which is why I don't think it's a cattle problem. Adelaide have had a good list for ages now, and in Brenton Sanderson's first year, they played in a Preliminary Final. Ever since they lost that final though, Sanderson's coaching ability was found to be wanting, as he bumbled his way to a couple of mid table finishes outside the Top 8. It seemed like a harsh call to sack him, due to the thought that Adelaide had a pretty decent list, but now we're seeing what a truly good coaching mind can do with that team.

I firmly believe that our list is in as good a shape as Adelaide's, if not even better shape. Imagine what a Phil Walsh/Ken Hinkley style coach could actually do for us?

Yes, in reality it may seem like a harsh call to sack Hardwick, and maybe in reality Round 2 is far too early to make the call. But from a list perspective, unless he can do something drastic in the very near future, he's absolutely on borrowed time.

Even if the issue WAS the list though, it's actually on Hardwick either way. He either;

a) hasn't developed a good enough list in 6 years, and is therefore limited in what he can do, but still needs to be held accountable.

or

b) he HAS developed a good enough list in 6 years, but his actual match day coaching and tactics aren't good enough to take us into Top 4 territory.

I personally think it's Option B.
tldr ( just jokes that's a ripping post)

The hardest part about the Hampson mistake was although it was a mistake they just refused to play Orren and take one on the chin and get on with things. Not everything works out although any one who had followed his career could see how much he struggles around the ground and he never should have been traded for but they just wanted to make it a winner so bad they kept putting a square peg in a round hole. 3 wins would of got us top 4 . All we had to do was play Big O , the guy isn't Maric but he would of got us those 3wins out of the 10 we lost. Why promote him if your not going to play him when he's in better form than Hampson which he was 10 times over .

It's definately not the cattle.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Will rfc ever be a reliable side again mmmm I'd say probally not

It's impossible to imagine us as reliable or in any way a normal club onfield. I just cannot imagine a run of Richmond beating the opposition we should beat and putting it up to those who're better.....that is normal competitive footy.

It's just not part of our mindset to imagine any team we put out will actually perform in a professional way with any consistency.

I hope that changes soon but until it does or shows real sign of doing I like many Tigerfans will never believe in any progress because its is always a false dawn.

After the loss on the weekend I was disappointed but not too shattered like I normally get whenever we have a bad loss. Usually that would be enough to 'ruin' my weekend but now it's not a huge bother. It stings a bit for a few hours and then I move on.

Thinking back, I think the Melbourne game last year (the Hafey tribute match) was where it all changed for me, I remember feeling pretty low after that game. Ever since then, I've been pretty indifferent to our losses (even the thrashing in the final wasn't hugely fazing). Now, I just roll with the punches - makes for a nice change given how inconsistent we can be. :D

Good post. The Melbourne game just nailed the coffin shut for me last year. It was the final straw. At the back of my mind I just have lost all faith with the RFC and don't take it hard when the deliver failure after failure.

What worries me is that this group won't win a flag and in years to come we will have to once again rebuild and go through all the really crap times again. Good Lord!

Good post. The Melbourne game just nailed the coffin shut for me last year. It was the final straw. At the back of my mind I just have lost all faith with the RFC and don't take it hard when the deliver failure after failure.

What worries me is that this group won't win a flag and in years to come we will have to once again rebuild and go through all the really crap times again. Good Lord!

Just to clarify, I've got nothing but confidence and admiration in how the club is run off field - the improvements to the Richmond brand and financial position in the last 5 or so years have been hugely impressive.

I'm just not 100% sold on the direction of the playing side of things/think there is definitely room for improvement - but that's just my 2 cents. :)

Its not so much a worry as a premonition, a knowledge that something will go wrong, that we will find some way to go the Carlton route.

Apparently 8,500 Hawthorn members didn't renew this year, Richmond supporters are there for life, IMO.

As always the silent majority has the biggest say, just not the loudest.

Thats because some in the club likes to play politics and not deal in the truth which sets us on the right path IMO

Just to clarify, I've got nothing but confidence and admiration in how the club is run off field - the improvements to the Richmond brand and financial position in the last 5 or so years have been hugely impressive.

I'm just not 100% sold on the direction of the playing side of things/think there is definitely room for improvement - but that's just my 2 cents. :)

Agree with that. I want more youth. They can come in later in the year, but I still want more opportunity for some.

Unless Grigg, Chaplin and a few others maintain the rage I think a few others need to be given a go. Grimes has not been totally rock solid either as in the Bulldogs game.

We definitely have room for improvement in defence as well as other areas over time. No time like the present as in 2015.

The sooner we figure out what we need to do the achieve a realistic premiership opportunity the easier it will be!

Look at a guy like Mcintosh, should play all games this year unless something really tails off simply because his height, reach, running power as part of his overall package simply provides us something we lack if he is not in because we are so deficient in that area!

If they earn it wouldn't mind seeing Drummond and Elton to at some point. Menadue might be a bit light at the moment but if form commands it they should be given a crack!

18 teams, unbalanced fixtures, COLA allowances, good luck/bad luck, a lot of teams won't win a flag for a long, long time.
We are set up off the field where we shouldn't have to go through the real crap times again, we'll be up and then down but all clubs will be.

18 teams, unbalanced fixtures, COLA allowances, good luck/bad luck, a lot of teams won't win a flag for a long, long time.
We are set up off the field where we shouldn't have to go through the real crap times again, we'll be up and then down but all clubs will be.

I think we can go up though progressively to actually challenge if we do it right though. If we f.. around with the short term again though it will kill us IMO!!

Our biggest issue is fixing our defense before we challenge now though. Maybe FA might help, who knows

Remove this Banner Ad

Back