List Mgmt. AFC - 2014 Drafting and Trading

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
You've raped Melbourne there - basically 2 x pick 4 for 10 + av player + player who can't get a game.

4 is their compensation pick for Frawley.

Change it to Douglas instead of Mackay.

They need established mids. Not pick 4 when they have pick 3.

They did the Dom Tyson trade last year, I think they'll do the same thing this year.

They did the Dom Tyson trade last year, I think they'll do the same thing this year.
Maybe swap Douglas for Lyons it gets closer

They traded pick 2 for a guy who went no.3 and pick 9

Not sure how that is equivalent to the platter of rubbish you're suggesting

Hmmm ... have to say even though I argued against it originally, the slightest inkling that it could be real - kinda has me throwing up the skirt and saying "take what you want sailor"

True. Its not real though

Players like Cameron just don't get traded.

Given his type, age & exposed form he's probably the most valuable player in the league in terms of trade value

Toumpas' value after 2 years isn't still pegged to his 2012 draft position. He hasn't been able to show his strengths at AFL level, and I've already heard Melbourne supporters suggesting it was a wasted pick. I'd be disappointed if we gave up too much for him, assuming he wants to come home.

I rate they guy, but he really hasn't looked comfortable at AFL level yet. He hasn't yet found the silky skills, two-way running and elite decision-making that he showed in the SANFL, and he looks far slower playing at the top level. He's a very different case from a guy like Aish who has basically done all the right things so far.

I still think Toumpas will make it, but he's surely dropped in value.

They traded pick 2 for a guy who went no.3 and pick 9

Not sure how that is equivalent to the platter of rubbish you're suggesting

Douglas+Lyons+10 for Toumpas+4 isn't that far off the mark.

10+Douglas gets you pick 4
Lyons for Toumpas is unfair but if both want to go home and both can't get a game for their respective teams then I don't see why my suggestion is "rubbish".

Douglas+Lyons+10 for Toumpas+4 isn't that far off the mark.

10+Douglas gets you pick 4

I don't think it does. Particularly when Douglas is a free agent shortly (DMac already is)

Lyons for Toumpas is unfair but if both want to go home and both can't get a game for their respective teams then I don't see why my suggestion is "rubbish".

That's so far from fair its not funny

Mackay can't even be traded, let alone having much trade value.

Lyons for toumpas is insane.

I don't think it does. Particularly when Douglas is a free agent shortly (DMac already is)

Which is irrelevant because Melbourne would lose pick 4 this year if they signed a free agent (pick 4 is frawley compensation).

Mackay can't even be traded, let alone having much trade value.

Yes he can. And that's the only way Melbourne would want to receive him this year (Monfries trade).

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why would anyone want Toumpas?

There is yet to be a player leave melbourne and play well elsewhere. He doesn't look like a player that has the body to develop into a league player. His speed was his attribute which got him so high up in the draft, but he looks no quicker than anyone else

There is yet to be a player leave melbourne and play well elsewhere. He doesn't look like a player that has the body to develop into a league player. His speed was his attribute which got him so high up in the draft, but he looks no quicker than anyone else

I tend to agree, hasn't showed anything at AFL level but has been injured. Very similar to the Polec situation. Potentially a big upside.

He only has value at the moment because he's contracted. I wouldn't be offering anything more than Lyons or our second rounder for him.

If we traded Douglas to Melbourne, according to the AFL player ratings he would be their best player by 89 positions. He is currently ranked 23 and Dunn is Melbournes best on 112.

At GWS he would be the second highest sitting one position and a few points behind Ward.

This combined with the fact he won our best and fairest a couple years ago should mean he could land us something decent at the trade table.

On a different subject not sure what Liam Sumners current position is but he doesn't seem to be getting much of an opportunity at GWS. Adelaide were looking at taking him in the draft before we traded that pick for pick 2 in the mini draft and Brown.

If we traded Douglas to Melbourne, according to the AFL player ratings he would be their best player by 89 positions. He is currently ranked 23 and Dunn is Melbournes best on 112.

At GWS he would be the second highest sitting one position and a few points behind Ward.

This combined with the fact he won our best and fairest a couple years ago should mean he could land us something decent at the trade table.

On a different subject not sure what Liam Sumners current position is but he doesn't seem to be getting much of an opportunity at GWS. Adelaide were looking at taking him in the draft before we traded that pick for pick 2 in the mini draft and Brown.

Second Rounder?

Would give up Patty D for Cameron.
Midfielders are dime a dozen. Gun forwards, rare as hens teeth. Tex Cameron Betts and Jenkins, in one forward line, boy oh boy woweee.
Thompson Crouch Sloane Smith Douglas Wright MCrouch can win enough Footy for those blokes to kick 15 Goals between them a week.

Someone no one seems to be mentioning on the Trade Table is Andy Otten.
His lack of mobility costs him as a 3rd tall, and lack of size costs him as a Key.
Someone would show interest in him and we could possibly land a mid 2nd rounder for him.

Someone no one seems to be mentioning on the Trade Table is Andy Otten.
His lack of mobility costs him as a 3rd tall, and lack of size costs him as a Key.
Someone would show interest in him and we could possibly land a mid 2nd rounder for him.

I've seen him mentioned a lot. Doesn't seem very appealing to me. One of our players that we will be sitting there saying "Yeah but look what he did in 2012"

Thompson of the crows comes to mind :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back